Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

I've always wanted to try out mega Tyranitar so I made this set. I don't think I've seen a Tyranitar set that doesn't run both crunch and stone edge so ofc I had to add those. Ice punch is a personal choice for the set compared to fire punch which can also be used on it. Crunch and stone edge are great STAB moves for Tyranitar and ice punch is for the coverage against the grass and ground types that threaten Tyranitar. Dragon dance is a great late game move because if you've eliminated the threats towards Tyranitar you can set up and sweep the remaining mons.

download.jpg

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gastrodon is one of my favourite defensive pokemon (might be because I'm gen 4 biassed). I'm using a maxed out HP and Def with a little in Spd for an all around tank. Running toxic recovery allows you to whittle away any threats towards mega Tyranitar unless ofc it's a steel or poison type but that's what earthquake is for scald is also a good move to have.

download.jpg

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Sand rush Excadrill is great as you can set up one sword dance and be able to outspeed every unboosted mon in the sand. You have rapid spin to deal with entry hazards that can whittle down your team, you have iron head for those pesky fairy types that are good against Tyranitar, and earthquake is a good STAB move.

download.jpg

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Heatran is the special tank of the team with moves like lava plume and flash cannon to further threaten the Tyranitar threats. Toxic again to whittle down different mons. And taunt to prevent any entry hazards or set ups. I put the points in speed to outspeed any slower tanks that might threaten the team. I put on air balloon on heatran to take away its biggest weakness.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 180 HP / 180 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

Togekiss is here for the fighting types threatening Tyranitar but it's also here for when heatran has its balloon popped to dodge those 4x ground type moves. Serene grace is an op ability when paired with air slash. Thunder wave to slow down any other mons. Roost to just stay alive and annoy your opponent even more with the flinches. And dazzling gleam over nasty plot because it's nice to have a fairy type move for any coverage you need.

download.jpg

Mew @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronise
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

This Mew set was given to me by a friend back when I was just starting out. I really liked it with its taunt to prevent set up and entry hazards. Stealth rock to set up your own entry hazards and explosion if you get low enough to deal tons of damage. I don't really need to explain the knock off. I suggest starting the match with mew.

heres a pokepaste of the team
gen 7 OU

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hi anybodyelsebutme, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
View attachment 490845
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

I've always wanted to try out mega Tyranitar so I made this set. I don't think I've seen a Tyranitar set that doesn't run both crunch and stone edge so ofc I had to add those. Ice punch is a personal choice for the set compared to fire punch which can also be used on it. Crunch and stone edge are great STAB moves for Tyranitar and ice punch is for the coverage against the grass and ground types that threaten Tyranitar. Dragon dance is a great late game move because if you've eliminated the threats towards Tyranitar you can set up and sweep the remaining mons.

View attachment 490846
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gastrodon is one of my favourite defensive pokemon (might be because I'm gen 4 biassed). I'm using a maxed out HP and Def with a little in Spd for an all around tank. Running toxic recovery allows you to whittle away any threats towards mega Tyranitar unless ofc it's a steel or poison type but that's what earthquake is for scald is also a good move to have.

View attachment 490847
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Sand rush Excadrill is great as you can set up one sword dance and be able to outspeed every unboosted mon in the sand. You have rapid spin to deal with entry hazards that can whittle down your team, you have iron head for those pesky fairy types that are good against Tyranitar, and earthquake is a good STAB move.

View attachment 490848
Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Heatran is the special tank of the team with moves like lava plume and flash cannon to further threaten the Tyranitar threats. Toxic again to whittle down different mons. And taunt to prevent any entry hazards or set ups. I put the points in speed to outspeed any slower tanks that might threaten the team. I put on air balloon on heatran to take away its biggest weakness.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

Togekiss is here for the fighting types threatening Tyranitar but it's also here for when heatran has its balloon popped to dodge those 4x ground type moves. Serene grace is an op ability when paired with air slash. Thunder wave to slow down any other mons. Roost to just stay alive and annoy your opponent even more with the flinches. And dazzling gleam over nasty plot because it's nice to have a fairy type move for any coverage you need.

View attachment 490850
Mew @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

This Mew set was given to me by a friend back when I was just starting out. I really liked it with its taunt to prevent set up and entry hazards. Stealth rock to set up your own entry hazards and explosion if you get low enough to deal tons of damage. I don't really need to explain the knock off. I suggest starting the match with mew.

gen 7 OU
1. Run Steelium Z on Excadrill. It makes breaking through Gliscor and Landorus-Therian much easier.
2. Replace Togekiss with Tornadus-Therian. It's better as it has the Regenerator ability ans access to Knock Off and U-Turn. Knock Off let's you pressure Celesteela and Rotom Wash to help Excadrill. I recommend a set of Hurricane/Knock/U-Turn/Taunt to pressure bulky teams.
3. Your team has no real checks to rain sweepers and gets easily pressured by spikes Ash-Greninja. I recommend replacing Mew with Assault Vest Tangrowth to help with this
4. The above suggestion leaves you with no Stealth Rocker, so I recommend putting rocks on either one of Tyranitar, Gastrodon or Heatran.

Last edited:
View attachment 490845
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

View attachment 490846
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

View attachment 490847
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

View attachment 490848
Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

View attachment 490850
Mew @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

gen 7 OU
Add a ground immunity, too weak to eq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)