ORAS NU I'm Very Fat Lilligant

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

So I started off with this core as Hariyama tanks ice and fire attacks that threaten Lilligant all day, while Lilligant is a very strong sweeper.

I then added Regirock as it is a solid Flying check which this team had problems with. It also works as a great Tauros check which you need nowadays. I chose the normal smogon set as it can render Tauros useless if it lands a T-Wave.

After that I added Skuntank as it works as a ghost check as well as a psychic check which Hariyama needs.I then chose the lure defog set as I needed hazard control.

I realized my team was very slow so I chose to add scarf Jynx as it is one of the best mons in the tier currently. It can also beat setup sweepers with trick. I also wanted a psychic type to beat fighting types.

I now realized I didn't have a ground immunity so I added Mismagius as it beats stall which my team had a little bit of a problem with. I also wanted a ghost to be immune to normal types.

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
Lilligant the main sweeper of the team. I have no attack ev's to take as little damage from Foul Play as possible. I also added Hp Ice to beat opposing grass types and flying types.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
Hariyama the main fire and ice resist on the team, I added him to tank hits for Lilligant and to have some sort of priority.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 16 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
Regirock the Stealth Rocker, flying resist, and Tauros check. I hadn't used Regirock so much before this so I decided to give him a try, and he was great! Tauros barely did damage to him with Rock Climb and 3hko's with Iron Tail.

Skuntank @ Expert Belt
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Acid Spray
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog
Skuntank the psychic resist, ghost resist and hazard control. Skuntank is one of the best defoggers in NU right now and I needed a psychic resist and hazard control so why not add him? I know he stacks a weakness with Regirock but Lilligant takes care of ground types well.

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Focus Blast
Here is Jynx the main way for me to take care of fighting types and the fastest member on my team. My team needed some speed and a way to take care of fighting types so I chose Jynx as it is one of the best mons in NU.

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split
Here is Masmagius the ground immunity of the team swell as a great stall breaker. My team had some problems with stall so I chose to add this guy as he works as a stall breaker and a ground immunity.

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 16 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake

Skuntank @ Expert Belt
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Acid Spray
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Focus Blast

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Please post constructive criticism and don't be to mean as this is my first RMT.

Last edited:

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Neat team Ov3r Ac3, I'm a really big fan of Lilligant but I think the team could be better if you replace HP Grass with Fire Blast on Skuntank since it optimizes the set's coverage and allows it to bait out the likes of Lix and Ferro the latter of which greatly troubles Lilligant and give Lilli HP Rock to deal with Fire and Flying types like Zard, Mag and Scyther.

Hello!

This is a very good team but I just want to give a few possible changes.

I would reccomend Shuca Berry > Expert Belt on Skuntank. This alows you to lure out Rhydon and potentially 2HKO with HP Grass. This is particularly important, because at a glance, your team is forced to play around Rhydon, especially Rock Polish Variants. I would also reccomend running Fire Blast > Acid Spray to nail threats like Vileplume and prevent Klinklang and Lilligant from using Skuntank as setup fodder.

One other change you could potentially make is Yache Berry > Life Orb on Lilligant. This blocks any attempts by Assault Vest Hitmonchan, Piloswine, or any of the like from KOing Lilligant and blocking a potential sweep. I would also reccomend using Hidden Power Rock > Hidden Power Ice to lure in Charizard, Xatu, and the like, and KO them after a Quiver Dance (and potential hazard damage).

That's all I've got, have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)