SM OU Imagine Dragons

Hello again, today I come with a team based on two trends that have been showing a good performance in metagame (I think:blobwizard:) that are Offensive SR Garchomp and Mega Slowbro, two fun pokemons to use being that the first is one of the best Offensive Stealth Rocks Setter and the other being able to check out most of the Metagame. I finished putting together this team while listening to Imagine Dragons, my favorite band, an

As mentioned before I started with a pokemon that is receiving a huge highlight recently, Garchomp, able not only to put Stealth Rocks can break countless teams due to excellent typing combination, having only Tapu Bulu and Celesteela (and Skarmory) as safety answers.

After that I put a pokemon that just for lack of a reliable answer can devour teams by himself, Choice Specs Tapu Koko, a pokemon that puts pressure of any team that lacks Gastrodon.

Then I put Rocky Helmet Tornadus Therian, an excellent Defogger for offensive teams able to check threats like Scarf Kartana, Scarf Landorus, Mega Lopunny, Tapu Bulu among others.

Due to the great weakness of this team against Volcarona and extremely fast pokemons (but mainly Volcarona) I put Scarf Protean Greninja, an excellent pokemon that in spite of its mediocre offensive stats can easily eliminate weakened threats.

As in any team I do, I have the habit of always putting a Defensive Backbone in case I need to pivot and due to the immense weakness of Zygarde (an extremely balanced pokemon) and Tapu Koko and Ash Greninja among other threats that can dismantle this team, an extremely effective Core for me, MegaBro + Tapu Bulu.

Natural (Garchomp) (F) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Earthquake
Outrage
Swords Dance
Stealth Rock

Garchomp was my choice of Stealth Rock Setter for having a good Base Speed Stat and excellent STABs, Stealth Rock because it causes residual damage since my team forces exchanges on the enemy team. Swords Dance increases the already high Base Attack Stat almost always guaranteeing a K.O. in an enemy pokemon. Earthquake and Outrage are the most powerful STABs and along with Dragonium Z, makes Outrage a 190BP Devastating Drake that makes even the most defensive team afraid.

Yesterday (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Thunderbolt
Dazzling Gleam
Volt Switch
Hidden Power [Ice]​

Choice Specs Tapu Koko was chosen as an understated threat who can easily dismantle teams thanks to his 105BP Volt switch (on Electric Terrain). Thunderbolt and Dazzling Gleam are good STABs that do great damage thanks to the Choice Specs buff. HP Ice to form a BoltBeam coverage and eliminate Landorus Therian and Gliscor. Volt Switch to maintain momentum and pivot.

Smoke and Mirrors (Tornadus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
Hurricane

Heat Wave

Defog

U-turn

Tornadus Therian, one of if not the best Defogger of the metagame currently thanks to the immunity to Sticky Web and (Toxic) Spikes and able to check Kartana. Hurricane is the STAB that puts pressure on Tangrowth and Tapu Bulu. Heat Wave to catch unprepared Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn, two threats to this team. U-turn to generate momentum and abuse of Regenerator and Defog to take out Hazards and Screens. I chose to take 52 Speed EVs as it is enough to give outspeed in Scarf Magnezone (360) and put it in SpAtk to deal more damage with Hurricane and Heat Wave.

Dancing in the Dark (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Rock Slide
U-turn
Ice Beam
Gunk Shot​

Scarf Greninja is an excellent Revenge Killer that helps to deal with Scarf Kartana and Volcarona. Rock Slide to kill Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y. Ice Beam to eliminate Gliscor, Zygarde, Therian Landorus, Garchomp, Therian Tornadus and anything weak to Ice. Gunk Shot to eliminate Fairy types and U-turn to generate momentum and kill Mega Alakazam. Spread of Smogon capable of killing Kartana with Ice Beam and Volcarona with Rock Slide.

The Fall (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
Scald
Ice Beam
Toxic
Slack Off

Mega Slowbro was my choice of Mega Evolution thanks to the ability to check almost all physical attackers on the Meta. Scald to STAB and to punish physical pokemons from getting in front of Mega Slowbro. Ice Beam to break Substitute for Zygarde and Hawlucha. Toxic to punish Tangrowth, Bulu, Rotom Wash and other Slowbros to enter. Slack Off to recover HP. 44 SpDef EVs to avoid a possible 2HKO of Moonblast Clefable.

Start Over (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
Bulk Up
Horn Leech
Superpower
Synthesis​

SpDef Bulk Up Bulu is an excellent pokemon, able to be setup in Ash Greninja, Keldeo, Tapu Koko. Bulk Up is a good setup move that buffers the Atk and Def, capable of rendering defensive pokemons setup fodders. Synthesis to recover HP faster and continue checking Ash Greninja and Koko. Horn Leech and Superpower for STAB and coverage respectively. 8 Atk EVs to secure K.O. in Celesteela with +6 Superpower and 56 Spe EVs to give outspeed in Mega Mawile.​

the biggest problem with Magearna is if you let her have several boosts in SpAtk, forcing you to play offensively.

Stall is always a pain to face regardless of the constitution of your team.

This is ridiculous LOL

This is ridiculous LOL2

This is ridiculous LOL

Both Volcarona and Hawlucha become a problem if they start to spam Quiver Dance / Swords Dance

Natural (Garchomp) (F) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Yesterday (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Smoke and Mirrors (Tornadus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- U-turn

Dancing in the Dark (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

The Fall (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Start Over (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

Last edited:
How is Celesteela Bulu settup fodder? Bulu doesn't set up on Celesteela.
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 234-276 (68.4 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
Solid Fodder

Every offensive Celesteela variant beats this Bulu by the way.

How is Mega Mawile Bulu setup fodder?
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Iron Head vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 440-518 (128.6 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You also use the term "check" incorrectly. Bulu counters the standard Non Ice-Beam Ash-Greninja variant and also counters the overwhelming majority of Tapu Kokos. Check means it can come in on a slot volt switch or a switch after a mon dies.

Mega Slowbro does not need to punish Tangrowth with Toxic. Replace Toxic with Calm Mind. Toxic on Tangrowth is pitiful due to regenerator. Calm Mind Ice Beam gets the job done much better. Your team doesn't even struggle against Tangrowth.

How is Celesteela Bulu settup fodder? Bulu doesn't set up on Celesteela.
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 234-276 (68.4 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
Solid Fodder
You bulk up on entry, and then again before the 1st slam. After +2 it isnt even 2hkoing, and you're heavily recovering with lefties+terrain.
How is Mega Mawile Bulu setup fodder?
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Iron Head vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 440-518 (128.6 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Same scenario as above, largely because Mawile never runs iron head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)