Rejected Implementing an equivalent to the wind sound heard in SWSH games.

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
You may know that, in some cases, a wind sound can be heard when a Pokemon is sent upon a battle. I have found no reliable source talking about it anywhere, but it seems that sound is played when said Pokemon is a Flying type or has the ability Levitate (i'm unsure if that affects other forms of ground immunities as well).

I think this is a relevant enough piece of information to be implemented on PS!. The scenarios where that piece of information matter are uncommon for sure, but important enough to be implemented : Bronzong in particular is an important example of this, since, according to its SSNU analysis, it can viably run both Levitate and Heatproof. It also matters in OMs allowing abilities or typing changes. Since PS, as a simulator, should try to give the same informations the game would, i believe this mechanic should be implemented on PS as well.

I suggest giving this information through text rather than sound, because 1. Everyone might not be able to play with sound and 2. Being able to recover this information later in the match can be useful. It could go something like this:

"[Player] sent out Crobat!
A gust of wind can be heard!"

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This is a cool idea in theory, but in fact the sound plays based on the Pokemon's model, not based on their grounded state. A Heatproof and Levitate Bronzong will both play the whoosh sound when sent out. A Flying-type switching in holding an Iron Ball that would normally play the whoosh sound will still play the whoosh sound too. Here's an example of the two Bronzong:

Since PS, as a simulator, should try to give the same informations the game would, i believe this mechanic should be implemented on PS as well.
Please be sure to actually test the mechanics you're proposing when offering a suggestion. If there are competitively significant differences like this, we should implement them! But they need to actually exist in the games first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)