Rejected Improve !showteam/!showset

Suggestion: When you use !showteam, your team become visible (those not yet revealed, is like to use !showteam at the start of a random battle) and all of your sets appear when hovering over each pokémon, like the same thing happens when your movements/items/abilities are revealed as they are being used. Basically, this just speeds up a process that already exists at showdown of revealing team information, and it makes sense since you chose to use !showteam. The same thing would happen with !showset.

If possible, implement this, please. I believe it would be something cool * - *. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This would require a significant overhaul of how tooltips work. Tooltips work by interpreting the battle messages sent by the server, updating the visuals with what's going on. You'd have to write protocol to convert team data to tooltip data, and moreover you'd have to have some event fire when a user does this via a server-side chat command. It seems very complex and difficult to achieve.

I honestly don't see much use for it, besides being "cool". Maybe there's something to be done here with open team sheets for VGC play, but that's a stretch and I think ultimately unnecessary with how few open team sheet tournaments that are around. The typical use case for !showset etc is at the end of a battle, e.g. a random battle, to show off what some Pokemon set was. Tooltips by that point are irrelevant. Overall, this seems unnecessary and really hard to implement, so I'll reject it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)