In-game teambuilding tactics

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Interestingly, I actually decided to visit this particular thread to get inspiration and possibly improve at my own in-game team building. I'm unbelievably bad at making decisions, and choosing Pokémon for a playthrough team is no exception. Do I want strong or weak Pokémon? Do I want to try something new? What if I want a challenge? Perhaps I want to use Pokémon that deserve more attention?

I ask myself these questions more times than I can count, and what will often happen is that the Pokémon I'm pretty nostalgic for are have a tendency to be the ones that are most viable for a run of that particular game. That's fine and all, but it feels like I'm just hopping on the bandwagon at that point. I want a new system, if that makes sense.

Team building has always been one of my favourite aspects of the game. What I’m looking for ingame is a synergic team with Pokemon I really enjoy using with the endgame battles (league rematch for example) being the main goal. These mons are usually offensive based to make the walkthrough more enjoyable. I tend to use « unique » mons (by that I mean no signature Pokemon from NPCs of the same game), and I avoid using OP legendaries which would make the rest of the team feel a bit too weak in comparison. I also EV my mons to make the team more satisfying to use.

As an example, I plan to make a walkthrough in White 2 and use a team of 4 sweepers, 1 tank and 1 HM slave.
Braviary (Return, Fly, Superpower, U-Turn)
Starmie (Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt)
Heracross (Close Combat, Megahorn, Facade, Night Slash)
Haxorus (Dragon Dance, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Earthquake)
Ferrothorn (Spikes, Leech Seed, Power Whip, Gyro Ball)
Samurott (Surf, Waterfall, Cut, Strength)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)