In Preparation for DLC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
...Monotype reservations will close for an indefinite amount of time, starting June 15th (when Zarude is released). Given the incredible amount of Pokemon the DLC brings us, we can only imagine that the metagame will be drastically transformed, to the point where a majority of analyses, in progress and on-site will most likely require editing and updating. That being said, expect an updated, fresh reservation sheet when we do reopen.

Analyses currently a WIP or requiring QC/GP checks will continue to receive them past June 15th, but be aware that we may ask you to change your set at a later date to reflect the new metagame.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As promised, we're going to be closing Monotype reservations. Contrary to what we said before, we have decided that analyses will not be checked at this point in preparation for the metagame shift. The reason for this is because we want the metagame to settle first before continuing with C&C in order to have information as accurate as possible for the current metagame. We're looking to start rechecking analyses and opening up reservations in around 1 month give or take depending on how things settle.

We hope to see you guys again soon!

Havens

WGI World Champion
As with the previous DLC, Monotype C&C will also go on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time, starting Friday, October 16th. The QC team will try to put as many analyses into GP as we can, but no promises that we may be able to get to all of them. This period will most likely be much larger than the last, as we can expect a substantial metagame shift, MWP(?), and most importantly, a return to full analyses.

Also, word from myself. I understand that this process in the time we live in can be frustrating, slow, and unmotivating. This whole process is the first time Smogon has encountered anything of the sort, having metagames that radically change three entire times throughout the span of one year, layering analysis after analysis knowing that it won't matter in a few months time. That's also layered on top of a global pandemic, a generation-defining human rights movement, as well as the small, simple details such as just not being able to see loved ones among other subtleties that impact our daily lives and take a toll on our mental health and well being.

So, as my word of advice while this hiatus is going on: take a break from Smogon in general. Enjoy spending time with the people that matter the most to you; find motivation, happiness, and fun in the people, activities, and other luxuries you love; and focus on your personal goals and help your own health. As someone that's had to step away from this environment a few times, and especially for an extended period recently, I've discovered and rediscovered ideas and people that assisted me in bettering myself, and it felt great. Smogon's always going to be here, but you may not be. It's ok to leave for a bit to find ways to cope and feel better.

tl;dr:
-the reservation thread closes this Friday
-we'll be on hiatus for who knows how long this time
-we'll try to get as many previews in QC to GP as we can
-this world's crazy lads
-take care of yourselves, and see you soon! :)

edit: as a small progress update for how well C&C is doing, as I write this in we have currently uploaded 174 previews across 100+ unique Pokemon with potential dual-typings, spanning over 5 major metagame shifts between Dynamax, suspect tests, and DLC shifts. Keep up the great work everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)