In Your Opinion, What's the Best Typing?

What typing you think is best?

• Fire/Dragon

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Water/Dragon

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Fire/Water

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Ghost/Steel

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Normal/Ghost

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Ghost/Dark

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • Poison/Dark

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dragon/Ground

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Steel/Psychic

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Else (Please post a Reply)

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man do I love Water/Dragon. Two of the most vicious offensive typings (in my opinion) coupled with one weakness and 2 4x resistances? Sadly, Kingdra is the only OU user of it, and even though it has great typing, it's stats are extremely mediocre. Palkia is the saving grace, man is that thing awesome.

I vote for Water/Dragon.

Defensively, a Levitating Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Dark would be the best. Removing the Fighting weakness helps so much...
Offensively, Ice/Ground, the two best attacking types, that also cover one another very well.
Generally, Posion/Dark with Levitate (no explenation needed).

Not counting abilities, I think Fire/Dragon is awesome. No resists. Unfortunately, Heatran exists, so it walls that type combination extremely well, unless said Fire/Dragon has Earthquake.

Steel/Ghost is just pure awesome, and it's even better with levitate. Add decent defenses and HP and you have an awesome pokemon.

Normal/Ghost is just cool. The typing seems so unique.

However, my favorite typing hands-down is Dragon/Fighting.
Outrage/Close Combat/Fire Punch(or some new physical Fire attack)/Earthquake would be amazing. Give it a BST 600 and Garchomp will become non-existent.

Out of existing Pokémon, Origin Forme Giratina sounds awesome. I hope they keep the awesome defenses and HP on it. With that, Giratina gets 6 resistances and 3 immunities. However, it sounds great offensively as well, because with 3 immunities and 6 resistances, you'd get a lot of opportunities to switch in.

Hope GF actually makes pokemon with awesome type combos like those.

Grass Dragon has potential - specially oriented. Grass Knot, Flamethrower (haven't seen a dragon without it), Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Seed Bomb (blissey killer), EQ (no Dragon is really seen without it in the learnset) could really screw over everyone. Swords Dance as a perk, but no nasty plot or CM (that would break it).

Ghost normal would have been useful in advance, with immunities to fighting, normal, ghost, and if it had levitate, GROUND. Goodbye weezing, skarms. The only weakness would be dark, which was very lol.

Water/Bug does exist.
I would love a Grass/Dragon type. Yeah, it would be 4x to ice, but the thought of some kind of dragon tree hybrid seems cool.

Ghost/Fire would also be cool since almost every ghost has will-o-wisp anyway.

People exploit weaknesses. Even if you have so many resistances, they'll just switch into a pokemon that can use that to their advantange. I doubt a Ghost/Steel would like to stay in on an Infernape or Heatran, while a Ghost/Steel of the same stats would stay in.

Of course you could have another pokemon to switch to, but then it becomes "Best type for a pokemon with others on your team". A weakness is still a weakness, Bronzong will tell you that.
Yet Bronzong is used more than Spiritomb despite spiritomb not having any weaknesses. That should tell you something.

This has become a metagame where you have to exploit resistances in defensive Pokemon rather having fewer weaknesses. I mean, just look how many weaknesses Celebi has and it's still hell of a lot more common than Spiritomb.

Yet Bronzong is used more than Spiritomb despite spiritomb not having any weaknesses. That should tell you something.

This has become a metagame where you have to exploit resistances in defensive Pokemon rather having fewer weaknesses. I mean, just look how many weaknesses Celebi has and it's still hell of a lot more common than Spiritomb.
There is of course the possibility that Bronzong and Celebi are simply better pokemon than Spiritomb. Typing is after all not the entire picture, and if not accompanied with decent stats and movepool, the pokemon is not going to be as useful...
Just look at Kingdra in previous generations!

Electric/Ice would be great. A STAB Ice Beam and STAB Thunderbolt would be amazing. And just picture what it would look like. I picture an Icy reindeer with thunderbolts coming out of its antlers

I'm going to have to go with Dragon/Fighting. It has unresisted STABs in two of the best attack typings in the game which also happen to have some of the most overpowered attacks in the game, namely Outrage, Draco Meteor, and Close Combat.

Dragon and Fighting are also two of the best defensive typings in the game. Psychic, Flying, and Dragon moves are very uncommon and are usually very predictable, leaving only the Ice weakness to worry about. It would also be resistant to Rock, Dark, Fire, Water, and Electric, which are all incredibly prevalent in the metagame, as well as the less important but still useful resistances to Grass and Bug.

My second choice is either Flying/Fighting or Ghost/Fighting. Both have unresisted or very nearly unresisted attack combos, have powerful STAB options, and also have incredibly useful resistances. Fighting type is just too sexy.

I kind of like Bug/Electric. Only weaknesses are Rock and Fire. Both are very common, but for an offensive typing it's pretty good. Great STAB attacks.

IMO, Dragon/Fighting is the superior typing. Its STABs can hit everything for at least neutral damage.(except the made-up ghost/steel) That pokemon with a moveset of Outrage/Dragon Claw(or Extreme Speed/Mach Punch)/Physical fire attack/Swords Dance makes Garchomp look like a wimp.

Dragon/Fighting doesn't hit Ghost/Steel; The Fighting weakness is blocked by Ghost, and Steel resists Dragon.

My favorite typing to play around with would be Lucario's Fighting/Steel. It has three incredibly useful four times resistances. It's a fun typing to play around with and helps Lucario do its job better.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is going to be a awesome in Pokemon Platinum. Ghost / Steel with Levitate. Some sort of suit of armor.

It appears to be frowning. What do you think this means? Perhaps it gets a boost from Frustration?

I love Ghost Steel, it's one of my top 3, along with Ghost/Normal and Fire/Dragon.

Fire/Dragon is ONLY blocked by Heatran and NOTHING else for both STAB attacks. If it has HP Ground/Earth Power/Earthquake, then Heatran is downer too.

I really really wanna see a Dragon/Fight and a Dragon/Fire, but Dragon/Water would be the most balanced, with only 1 weakness as well

Ghost/Steel with Levitate would be possibly the best defensive pokemon in the game, or atleast when you are referring to resists. Only one weakness and plenty of resists.

I think the best offensive combos are ground/dragon and dragon/fire. Ground/Dragon because of the offensive powerhouse Garchomp, and Flygon did it well in ADV as well. Fire/Dragon would be ridiculous, and all dragons, saving Kingdra, learn EQ(I think), so Heatran wouldn't be an issue. Even if it didn't learn EQ, HP Ground would OHKO if it has good special attack. OMG, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, HP Ground/Earth Power, sounds like Heatran, but with a better secondary STAB.

I have, for a while, entertained the thought of a Charizard with a Fire/Dragon typing with Levitate. It loses resistances to fighting, and bug, but gets help with electric, water, and most importantly in this metagame, rock. Stab on fire attacks, special or physical, which are some of the most beneficial types of attacks, stab on Outrage which it learns through breeding via Dragonite. It learns Belly Drum, so it could run that, Outrage, Earthquake, and Fire Blast for physical walls. Or Dragon Dance instead of Belly Drum for extra speed. Alas, it shall remain a thought until Charizard's second typing is changed from flying to dragon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)