VGC 21 Incineroar

:ss/incineroar:
OVERVIEW]

Incineroar is the metagame's best support Pokemon with invaluable utility moves like Fake Out and Parting Shot, as well as its defensive typing and Intimidate, which let it check many common Pokemon like Zacian-C, Calyrex-S, and Calyrex-I. Incineroar is especially valuable around Restricted Pokemon and Dynamax and Gigantamax users, as not only does it check the former, but it also supports them and other extremely powerful Pokemon like Gigantamax Charizard. Fake Out pins down foes for them, while Parting Shot pivots them in safely. Incineroar's good qualities are so valuable that it can fit on nigh any team and perform well.

[SET]
name: Bulky Utility
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Fake Out
move 3: Parting Shot
move 4: Throat Chop / Taunt / Burning Jealousy
item: Shuca Berry / Sitrus Berry / Safety Goggles
ability: Intimidate
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* Flare Blitz is necessary to slam Steel- and Grass-types like Zacian-C and Amoonguss.

* Fake Out allows Incineroar to prevent a foe from moving, giving its teammates safer opportunities to set up or attack.

* Parting Shot weakens a foe and lets Incineroar pivot its teammates in safely, the latter especially thanks to Incineroar's low Speed.

* Throat Chop enormously damages Calyrex-S to the point of activating its Focus Sash, and it can block Parting Shot from opposing Incineroar.

* Taunt shuts down status moves like Amoonguss's powder moves, Thundurus's and Grimmsnarl's Prankster-supported moves, and Calyrex-I's and Porygon2's Trick Room.

* Burning Jealousy can severely punish Max Moves like Thundurus's Max Airstream, Groudon's Max Quake, and Solgaleo's Max Quake, and it is especially useful with Shuca Berry to better withstand Max Quake.

* Shuca Berry is useful to withstand the metagame's bountiful Ground-type attacks from the likes of Landorus-T and Groudon. Sitrus Berry simply improves Incineroar's longevity. Safety Goggles gives Incineroar immunity to Amoonguss's and Venusaur's powder moves.

* Defense investment helps with the metagame's powerful physical attackers like Zacian-C and Calyrex-I; 156 Defense EVs allow Incineroar to very consistently survive Zacian-C's +1 Sacred Sword. Maximum Speed investment is viable on teams with Tailwind to outpace Calyrex-S and Zacian-C. A specially defensive EV spread like 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD with a Careful nature survives Life Orb Regieleki's Max Lightning and Calyrex-S's Max Quake.

[OTHER OPTIONS]

A maximum Speed and Attack EV set with a Jolly nature and Focus Sash is viable, allowing Incineroar to survive attacks from Pokemon it normally could not like Kyogre and Palkia, as well as giving it a faster Fake Out than most users like Rillaboom, most opposing Incineroar, and Grimmsnarl. Snarl is a fourth moveslot option that weakens special attackers like Dialga, Yveltal, and Kyogre switch-ins. Darkest Lariat, like Throat Chop, actiavtes Calyrex-S's Focus Sash, but it also has utility against Defense-boosting Pokemon like Max Steelspike Dialga, Solgaleo, and Groudon; however, Incineroar often will have better things to do than use a Dark-type attack, and Throat Chop's ability to block Parting Shot tends to make it more relevant.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Yourwelcomethanku, 541847]]
- Quality checked by: [[Giokio, 517038], [Theorymon, 29010]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:ss/incineroar:
[OVERVIEW]

Incineroar is the metagame's best support Pokemon with invaluable utility moves like Fake Out and Parting Shot, as well as its defensive typing and Intimidate, which lets it check many common Pokemon like Zacian-C, Calyrex-S, and Calyrex-I. Incineroar's bulky utility set is sure to fit and perform well on virtually any team. Alternatively, its Focus Sash set can be used on more offensive teams with maximum speed investment to outpace opposing Fake Out users like Incineroar and Rillaboom, and outspeed Zacian-C and Calyrex-S alongside speed control like Tailwind and Max Airstream; with Focus Sash circumventing the lack of bulk, and allowing Incineroar to survive powerful attacks even bulky Incineroar typically cannot like Dialga's Life Orb Max Wyrmwind, Calyrex-S's Max Quake, and Kyogre's STAB moves.

[SET]
move 4: Darkest Lariat / Taunt / Burning Jealousy
item: Shuca Berry / Sitrus Berry / Safety Goggles / Focus Sash
evs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* Flare Blitz is necessary to slam Grass- and Steel-types like Zacian-C and Amoonguss.

* Fake Out allows Incineroar to shut down a foe and give its teammates safer opportunities to setup or attack. (a bit vague, try to improve this a bit clarifying what shutting down means)

* Parting Shot lets Incineroar pivot its teammates in safely, and it does this especially well thanks to its low speed. (lowering offensive stats is also pretty important and deserves a mention; Parting shot is the best defensive pivoting move for a reason)

* Darkest Lariat nets an OHKO onto Calyrex-S and has additional utility in ignoring Defense boosts from Max Steelspike users like Solgaleo. Alternatively, Incineroar can run Throat Chop with speed investment to try and disable Parting Shot from opposing Incineroar. Taunt allows Incineroar to shut down status moves like Amoonguss's powder moves, Thundurus's and Grimmsnarl's prankster-boosted moves, as well Calyrex-I's and Porygon2's Trick Room. Burning Jealousy can severely punish max moves like Thundurus's Max Airstream, as well Groudon's, Landorus-T's, and Solgaleo's Max Quake, and can be especially useful with Shuca Berry to better withstand Max Quake. (I mean I like this but why haven't you explained the other moves like these? I'd like to see more effort put into fake out and parting shot rather than the 4th options)

* Shuca Berry is useful to withstand the metagame's bountiful Ground-type attacks, such as from the likes of Landorus-T, Groudon, and Solgaleo. Sitrus Berry simply improves Incineroar's longevity. Safety Goggles give Incineroar immunity to Amoonguss's and Venusaur's powder moves. Focus Sash allows Incineroar to survive powerful attacks like Palkia's Max Geyser, Dialga's Life Orb Max Wyrmwind, and Calyrex-S's Max Quake.

* Incineroar has enough Defense to very consistently survive Adamant Zacian-C's +1 Sacred Sword. (is this the spread explanation? You should add a bit more imo, even the usual: "this investments make the cat as bulky as possible")

[SET]
name: Focus Sash
move 4: Throat Chop / Darkest Lariat
item: Focus Sash
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Flare Blitz is important for slamming Grass- and Steel-types such as Zacian-C and Amoonguss.

* Fake Out can shut down a foe and give Incineroar's teammates safer opportunities to setup or attack.

* Parting Shot allows Incineroar to pivot its teammates in safely, and it does this especially well thanks to its low speed.
(You know we tend to not repeat sentences in analyses)

* Throat Chop and Darkest Lariat both allow Incineroar to OHKO Calyrex-S, though, the former has additional utility in disabling Parting Shot from opposing Incineroar, while the latter can ignore Max Steelspike Defense boosts from Solgaleo.

[OTHER OPTIONS]
Incineroar can opt for an Assault Vest set with U-turn instead of Parting Shot, the option of Snarl over Darkest Lariat, and an EV spread of 252 HP, 124 Def, and 132 SpD Careful, which survives Calyrex-S's Helping Hand boosted Life Orb Max Quake. This set improves Incineroar's matchup against special attackers like Dialga, Calyrex-S, and Zapdos, though, the lack of physical defense and Shuca Berry can compromise its matchup against common physical attackers like Landorus-T, Zacian-C, and Groudon. Weakness Policy has strong surprise factor and can make Incineroar a threatening Dynamax option in the face of super effective attacks like Zacian-C's Sacred Sword, Calyrex-S's Max Quake, and Gastrodon's Earth Power; however, Incineroar's other item options are generally more useful and not reliant on surprise factor.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[name, id], [name, id]]
- Grammar checked by: [[name, id]]

you still have to work on this

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna check this now!

* This is gonna sound a bit silly, but I think you should split the Throat Chop, Burning Jealousy, and Taunt mentions into their own bullet points. My reasoning is, those 3 moves are all very different from each other, and are basically the main "decision point" for this Incineroar set, so I think it's easier for scanning if people can see what they do . individually

* Since you asked for an SpD EV spread, and you refined it on Discord: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD with Careful survives LO Regieleki Max Lighting and LO Calyrex-S Max Quake (ironically this very spread was mentioned in the old analysis lol). IMO that's fine for either an other options mention or an EV spreads section if you want. Regardless, the main physdef EV spread is the most important because of that Zacian-C calc!

* Focus Sash I think might be worth an other options mention. Besides it being on the old 2nd set, I think its just neat for letting Incineroar survive stuff it normally has no business doing, like Kyogre Water Spout. I personally only tried it on fast Incineroar, but IDK what you think about that.

* What do you think about Snarl as an OO mention? It wasn't really common, but I've certainly seen it before, just the SpA drop on Kyogre switch-ins can be nice!

* Darkest Lariat might be worth a mention in OO just for ignoring Max Steelspike, though admittedly I've been iffy about that cuz Solgaleo often has Weakness Policy, so IDK if you specifically want to mention Solgaleo this time or not.

* This is gonna sound like a huge nitpick, but generally in most overviews I think people expect you to mention a downside for a Pokemon. That's... tough for Incineroar considering how insanely good it is, but I guess you could mention how it really doesn't like the restricted water-types, Kyogre and Palkia?

Anyways the above is mostly just nitpicks, this certainly reads like your usual Incineroar to me, so QC Approved 2/2!

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Incineroar is the metagame's best support Pokemon with invaluable utility moves like Fake Out and Parting Shot, as well as its defensive typing and Intimidate, which lets it check many common Pokemon like Zacian-C, Calyrex-S, and Calyrex-I. Incineroar is especially valuable format with around Restricted Pokemon and Dynamax and Gigantamax users, as not only does it check the aforementioned Restricted Pokemon, former, but it also supports them and other extremely powerful Pokemon like Gigantamax Charizard with Fake Out to pin down foes and Parting Shot for pivoting Charizard. Fake Out pins down foes for them, while Parting Shot pivots them in safely. Incineroar's good qualities are so valuable that it can fit on nigh any team and perform well.

[SET]
move 4: Throat Chop / Taunt / Burning Jealousy
item: Shuca Berry / Sitrus Berry / Safety Goggles
evs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* Flare Blitz is necessary to slam Grass- and Steel-types like Zacian-C and Amoonguss. (either do "Steel- and Grass-types" or "like Amoonguss and Zacian-C") (optional: smth like "Fake Out is a more important move, but slotting Flare Blitz first is optimal should the player fail to act some turn for any reason, which will activate Incineroar's first move.")

* Fake Out allows Incineroar to prevent a foe from moving and give moving, giving its teammates safer opportunities to setup set up or attack.

* Parting Shot weakens a foe lets, and lets Incineroar pivot its teammates in safely, and it pivots teammates in especially safely the latter especially thanks to its Incineroar's (subjective) low Speed.

* Throat Chop brings Calyrex-S down to Focus Sash, and enormously damages Calyrex-S to the point of activating its Focus Sash, and it can block Parting Shot from opposing Incineroar.

* Taunt shuts down status moves like Amoonguss's powder moves, Thundurus's and Grimmsnarl's prankster-boosted Prankster-supported (optional: "status", either adding it after "Prankster-supported" or using it to replace "Prankster-supported") moves, as well and Calyrex-I's and Porygon2's Trick Room.

* Burning Jealousy can severely punish Max Moves like Thundurus's Max Airstream, Groudon's Max Quake (if not, add the name of the move you want), and Solgaleo's Max Quake, and it is especially useful with Shuca Berry to better withstand Max Quake.

* Shuca Berry is useful to withstand the metagame's bountiful Ground-type attacks from the likes of Landorus-T and Groudon. Sitrus Berry simply improves Incineroar's longevity. Safety Goggles give gives Incineroar immunity to Amoonguss's and Venusaur's powder moves.

* Physically Defensive Defense investment helps with the metagame's powerful physical attackers like Zacian-C and Calyrex-I; (comma -> semicolon) 156 Defense EVs allows Incineroar to very consistently survive Zacian-C's +1 Sacred Sword. Maximum Speed investment is viable on teams with Tailwind to outpace Calyrex-S and Zacian-C. A specially defensive EV spread like 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD with a Careful nature survives Life Orb (if regieleki always runs lo, "Regieleki's Life Orb-boosted") Regieleki's Life Orb Max Lightning and Calyrex-S's Max Quake.

[OTHER OPTIONS]

A maximum Speed and Attack Jolly Nature Focus Sash set is viable and allows EV set with a Jolly nature and Focus Sash is viable, allowing Incineroar to survive attacks from Pokemon it normally could not like Kyogre's and Palkia, and give Incineroar as well as giving it a faster Fake Out than most users like Rillaboom, most opposing Incineroar, and Grimmsnarl. Snarl is a fourth moveslot option which that weakens special attackers like Dialga, and Yveltal, and Kyogre switch-ins. Darkest Lariat, (AC) like Throat Chop, (AC) brings Calyrex-S down to Focus Sash, but also has usefulness actiavtes Calyrex-S's Focus Sash, but it also has utility against Defense-boosting Pokemon like Max Steelspike Dialga, Solgaleo, and Groudon; however, (AC) Incineroar often will have better things to do than use Darkest Lariat, a Dark-type attack, (I imagine? if wrong, though, just ignore) and Throat Chop's ability to block Parting Shot tends to be make it more relevant.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Giokio, 517038], [name, id]] (fill)
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

finland-GP.gif
1/1
GP Team done

Reactions: zee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)