VGC 21 Indeedee-F

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]

Indeedee-F stands out as the primary redirector of the current format with its access to Follow Me and a plethora of other supportive options like Helping Hand, Light Screen, Reflect, and Mystical Fire. Additionally, its automatic Psychic Terrain enables partner setup by preventing Fake Out. Indeedee-F's exclusively supportive role does make it dependent on its partner for offensive output, though, making big threats such as Calyrex-S ideal next to it. Equally important, its Dark weakness is a liability due to threats such as Yveltal being so common. The ubiquity of spread moves such as Water Spout, Precipice Blades, and Snarl that ignore Follow Me also reduce Indeedee-F's effectiveness.

[SET]
name: Utility
move 1: Expanding Force
move 2: Follow Me
move 3: Helping Hand
move 4: Protect / Reflect / Light Screen
item: Focus Sash / Colbur Berry / Psychic Seed
ability: Psychic Surge
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* Expanding Force allows Indeedee-F to take advantage of its own Psychic Terrain with a fairly strong STAB spread move, and it's in the first moveslot in case you expend your turn timer, which selects it automatically.

* Follow Me is fantastic to allow partners like Calyrex-I and Porygon2 to consistently set up Trick Room or to support common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Calyrex-S and Geomancy Xerneas.

* Helping Hand allows Indeedee-F to increase its partner's damage output, which compensates for its more supportive role.

* Protect serves as Indeedee-F's primary form of longevity, but Reflect and Light Screen are more than valid options that benefit the whole team against common threats such as Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I, and Zacian-C.

* Focus Sash is the preferred item for Indeedee-F to soak up one more hit while using Follow Me. Colbur Berry can be opted for to both free up Focus Sash for a partner and survive moves such as Urshifu-S's Wicked Blow and Yveltal's Max Darkness. Psychic Seed allows Indeedee-F considerably more durability against specially attacking threats such as Dialga and Kyogre.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Heal Pulse and Ally Switch are two further options to increase Indeedee-F's partner's survivability, with the former appreciated by bulkier Pokemon such as Galarian Moltres and Necrozma-DM. However, both moves are often less effective than Follow Me, and they're rarely worth losing Protect for. Safeguard can also be considered to protect physical partners such as Solgaleo and Zacian-C by preventing any incoming burns. Dazzling Gleam is effective at dealing considerable damage to Urshifu-S and Galarian Moltres, whereas Mystical Fire can be used to overcome common Grass- and Steel-type threats such as Rillaboom and Kartana as well as weaken special attackers.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951], [Dragonpiley007, 493619]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:
[OVERVIEW]

Indeedee-F stands out as the primary redirector of the current format, with its access to Follow Me and a plethora of other supportive options. Additionally, Indeedee-F's Psychic Surge is relevant in enabling its partner to setup. Indeedee-F also has access to Helping Hand to further support the partner's damage output, as well as multiple moves to reduce the damage output from the opposing Pokemon such as Light Screen, Reflect and Mystical Fire. Indeedee-F's exclusively supportive role does make it entirely dependent on the partner to carry the offensive output, making big threats such as Calyrex-S ideal to sit next to it. Equally, its Dark weakness serves as a relative liability due to threats such as Yveltal being so common, and with the ubiquity of spread moves such as Water Spout, Precipice Blades and Snarl, Follow Me and redirection can sometimes be ignored leaving Indeedee-F fairly vulnerable. (Maybe a sentence about it having somewhat lacking offensive pressure)

[SET]
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* Expanding Force allows Indeedee-F to take advantage of its own Psychic Terrain with a fairly strong STAB spread move.

* Follow Me is Indeedee-F's primary utility option, often being partnered with Calyrex-I and Porygon2 to allow them to consistently set up Trick Room or with common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Calyrex-S and Geomancy Xerneas.

* Helping Hand allows Indeedee-F to increase its partner's damage output, which compensates for its more supportive role.

* Protect serves as Indeedee-F's primary form of longevity; but, Reflect and Light Screen are more than valid options that benefit the whole team against common threats such as Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I and Zacian-C.

* Focus Sash is the preferred item for Indeedee-F as it allows it to soak up one more hit while using Follow Me. Colbur Berry can be opted for to survive moves such as Urshifu-S's Wicked Blow and Yveltal's Max Darkness. The combination of maximum Special Defense investment and Psychic Seed allows Indeedee-F considerably more durability against special attacking threats such as Dialga and Kyogre but comes at the price of being considerably less durable against physical threats such as Zacian-C and Kartana.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Heal Pulse and Ally Switch are two further options that can help increase Indeedee-F's partner's survivability. Heal Pulse keeping the partner healthy can be relevant for bulkier Pokemon such as Galarian Moltres and Palkia, whereas a well-timed Ally Switch can effectively nullify the opponent's turn. Both of these are often less effective than Follow Me, and come at the cost of removing Indeedee-F's only means of survivability. Safeguard can also be considered to aid Physical partners such as Solgaleo and Zacian-C by preventing any incoming burns. Dazzling Gleam and Mystical Fire are both coverage options that Indeedee-F can run. Dazzling Gleam is effective at dealing considerable damage to Urshifu-S and Galarian Moltres, whereas Mystical Fire can be used to overcome common Grass- and Steel-type threats such as Rillaboom and Necrozma-DM while also being able to reduce the Special Attack of foes like Calyrex-S. (Up to you whether you want this to stay or not, but idk if I like using this as an example just bc speed. if you wanna leave it all good by me though)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
Excellent work, QC 1/2

zeefable-QC.gif

add remove highlight comment
[OVERVIEW]

Indeedee-F stands out as the primary redirector of the current format, with its access to Follow Me and a plethora of other supportive options. Additionally, Indeedee-F's Psychic Surge is relevant in enabling its partner to setup by preventing Fake Out (might sound a bit vague for newer players). Indeedee-F also has access to Helping Hand to further support the partner's damage output, as well as multiple moves to reduce the damage output from the opposing Pokemon such as Light Screen, Reflect and Mystical Fire. Indeedee-F's exclusively supportive role and lack of offensive presence does make it entirely dependent on the partner to carry the offensive output, making big threats such as Calyrex-S ideal to sit next to it. Equally, its Dark weakness serves as a relative liability due to threats such as Yveltal being so common, and with the ubiquity of spread moves such as Water Spout, Precipice Blades and Snarl, Follow Me and redirection (follow me or redirection, both is unnecessary) can sometimes be ignored leaving Indeedee-F fairly vulnerable, reducing Indeedee-F's effectiveness (spread moves being more common doesn't exactly make indeedee more vulnerable, it just prevents it from protecting its allies effectively).

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Expanding Force allows Indeedee-F to take advantage of its own Psychic Terrain with a fairly strong STAB spread move.

* Follow Me is Indeedee-F's primary utility option, often being partnered with Calyrex-I and Porygon2 to allow them to consistently set up Trick Room or with common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Calyrex-S and Geomancy Xerneas.

* Protect serves as Indeedee-F's primary form of longevity; but, Reflect and Light Screen are more than valid options that benefit the whole team against common threats such as Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I and Zacian-C.

* Focus Sash is the preferred item for Indeedee-F as it allows it to soak up one more hit while using Follow Me. Colbur Berry can be opted for to survive moves such as Urshifu-S's Wicked Blow and Yveltal's Max Darkness. The combination of maximum Special Defense investment and Psychic Seed allows Indeedee-F considerably more durability against special attacking threats such as Dialga and Kyogre but comes at the price of being considerably less durable against physical threats such as Zacian-C and Kartana.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Heal Pulse and Ally Switch are two further options that can help increase Indeedee-F's partner's survivability. Heal Pulse keeping the partner healthy can be relevant for bulkier Pokemon such as Galarian Moltres and Palkia (this seems like a pretty random example when there are bulky mons like Caly-I and NDM that Indeedee is paired much more often with), whereas a well-timed Ally Switch can effectively nullify the opponent's turn. Both of these are often less effective than Follow Me, and come at the cost of removing Indeedee-F's only means of survivability. Safeguard can also be considered to aid Physical partners such as Solgaleo and Zacian-C by preventing any incoming burns. Dazzling Gleam and Mystical Fire are both coverage options that Indeedee-F can run. Dazzling Gleam is effective at dealing considerable damage to Urshifu-S and Galarian Moltres, whereas Mystical Fire can be used to overcome common Grass- and Steel-type threats such as Rillaboom and Necrozma-DM (not the best example since NDM takes 19-22% from uninvested Mystical Fire, and that's not even in Dynamax. Kartana or Zacian-C would be better).

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
QC 2/2 :blobthumbsup:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Indeedee-F stands out as the primary redirector of the current format (RC) with its access to Follow Me and a plethora of other supportive options like Helping Hand, Light Screen, Reflect, and Mystical Fire. Additionally, Indeedee-F's Psychic Surge is relevant in enabling its partner to its automatic Psychic Terrain enables partner setup by preventing Fake Out. Indeedee-F also has access to Helping Hand to further support the partner's damage output, as well as multiple moves to reduce the damage output from the opposing Pokemon such as Light Screen, Reflect and Mystical Fire. Indeedee-F's exclusively supportive role and lack of offensive presence does make it entirely (technically you have expanding force unslashed) dependent on the partner to carry the its partner for offensive output, though, making big threats such as Calyrex-S ideal to sit next to it. Equally important, its Dark weakness serves as a relative is a liability due to threats such as Yveltal being so common, and with the ubiquity of spread moves such as Water Spout, Precipice Blades, (AC) and Snarl (RC) Follow Me can sometimes be ignored, reducing that ignore Follow Me reduce Indeedee-F's effectiveness.

[SET]
name: Utility (bc indeedee is primary redirector that almost entirely depends on partner for offense, I moved follow me up to first slot and adjusted bullet order accordingly.)
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Helping Hand
move 3: Protect / Reflect / Light Screen
move 4: Expanding Force

[SET COMMENTS]

* Follow Me is Indeedee-F's primary utility option, often being partnered with Calyrex-I and Porygon2 to allow them fantastic to allow partners like Calyrex-I and Porygon2 to consistently set up Trick Room or with to support common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Calyrex-S and Geomancy Xerneas.

* Protect serves as Indeedee-F's primary form of longevity; but, longevity, but Reflect and Light Screen are more than valid options that benefit the whole team against common threats such as Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I, (AC) and Zacian-C.

* Focus Sash is the preferred item for Indeedee-F as it allows it to soak up one more hit while using Follow Me. Colbur Berry can be opted for to survive moves such as Urshifu-S's Wicked Blow and Yveltal's Max Darkness. (I don't see why you'd use Colbur Berry when Sash lets you survive those hits anyway, unless I forget something? Either way could you explain) The combination of maximum Special Defense investment and Psychic Seed allows Indeedee-F considerably more durability against specially attacking threats such as Dialga and Kyogre but comes at the price of being considerably less durable against physical threats such as Zacian-C and Kartana. (you're running spd invest whether psychic seed or not according to spread, so like colbur and psychic seed seem to give you equal durability against zacian/kart? could be missing something though)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Heal Pulse and Ally Switch are two further options that can help to increase Indeedee-F's partner's survivability, (period -> comma) Heal Pulse keeping the partner healthy can be relevant for with the former appreciated by bulkier Pokemon such as Galarian Moltres and Necrozma-DM, whereas a well-timed Ally Switch can effectively nullify the opponent's turn. Both of these However, both moves (ally switch part didn't seem Indeedee-specific) are often less effective than Follow Me, and come at the cost of removing Indeedee-F's only means of survivability. they're rarely worth losing Protect for. Safeguard can also be considered to aid protect physical partners such as Solgaleo and Zacian-C by preventing from any incoming burns. Dazzling Gleam and Mystical Fire are both coverage options that Indeedee-F can run. Dazzling Gleam is effective at dealing considerable damage to Urshifu-S and Galarian Moltres, whereas Mystical Fire can be used to overcome common Grass- and Steel-type threats such as Rillaboom and Kartana as well as weaken special attackers.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

I'll review and stamp once you answer the colbur question

yuki

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
[SET]
name: Utility (bc indeedee is primary redirector that almost entirely depends on partner for offense, I moved follow me up to first slot and adjusted bullet order accordingly.)
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Helping Hand
move 3: Protect / Reflect / Light Screen
move 4: Expanding Force
Move order is intentional because of in-game mechanics. When the timer for the turn runs out, it defaults to the move in Slot 1 - so we generally put an offensive move in Slot 1 to do something with the turn in this case. So, I'd like to change this back.

(I don't see why you'd use Colbur Berry when Sash lets you survive those hits anyway, unless I forget something? Either way could you explain)
Item clause being respected means that often the Focus Sash can be used by a partner (typically in Caly-S + Indeedee-F setups, Caly can hold the sash). It's a more specific option that has to be opted for, but hard to express in words other than naming specific examples (as specifically saying "only for item clause purposes" or whatnot would reduce the viability of slashing this).

(you're running spd invest whether psychic seed or not according to spread, so like colbur and psychic seed seem to give you equal durability against zacian/kart? could be missing something though)
Agree here, that's an oversight I was being dumb about. Everything else has been implemented - that being said the last sentence of the overview reads weirdly in my head so I either want to rewrite this or propose the point is split entirely.

Quick edit: I readjusted bullet order for the set notes because I didn't do so when resubmitting.

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
there were indeed things i did not know of!

Equally important, its Dark weakness is a liability due to threats such as Yveltal being so common. (comma -> period) and with The ubiquity of spread moves such as Water Spout, Precipice Blades, and Snarl that ignore Follow Me also reduce Indeedee-F's effectiveness.

[SET COMMENTS]

* Expanding Force allows Indeedee-F to take advantage of its own Psychic Terrain with a fairly strong STAB spread move, and it's in the first moveslot in case you expend your turn timer, which selects it automatically.

* Follow Me is fantastic to allow partners like Calyrex-I and Porygon2 to consistently set up Trick Room or to support common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Calyrex-S and Geomancy Xerneas.

* Protect serves as Indeedee-F's primary form of longevity, but Reflect and Light Screen are more than valid options that benefit the whole team against common threats such as Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I, and Zacian-C.

* Focus Sash is the preferred item for Indeedee-F as it allows it to soak up one more hit while using Follow Me. Colbur Berry can be opted for to both free up Focus Sash for a partner and (hope this is alright bc it's not saying "only for item clause") survive moves such as Urshifu-S's Wicked Blow and Yveltal's Max Darkness. Psychic Seed allows Indeedee-F considerably more durability against specially attacking threats such as Dialga and Kyogre.

finland-GP.gif
1/1

yuki

there were indeed things i did not know of!

Equally important, its Dark weakness is a liability due to threats such as Yveltal being so common. (comma -> period) and with The ubiquity of spread moves such as Water Spout, Precipice Blades, and Snarl that ignore Follow Me also reduce Indeedee-F's effectiveness.

[SET COMMENTS]

* Focus Sash is the preferred item for Indeedee-F as it allows it to soak up one more hit while using Follow Me. Colbur Berry can be opted for to both free up Focus Sash for a partner and (hope this is alright bc it's not saying "only for item clause") survive moves such as Urshifu-S's Wicked Blow and Yveltal's Max Darkness. Psychic Seed allows Indeedee-F considerably more durability against specially attacking threats such as Dialga and Kyogre.

View attachment 3194071/1
Looks very good:

I sent a Discord PM real quick: but I'm going to change the spread on the set just to keep up with recent trends since I wrote this. It doesn't make a difference to the readability of this as there isn't a direct mention of it anymore: just checking that's okay before I do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)