Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Yes, that is the case, but what lordmagecar was stating is that before Scizor Mega-evolves, Clear Body will let it avoid an Intimidate from something switching in (which is rare, but could happen), while Plus will do literally nothing at all ever.
Hm, I actually skipped over the fact (and just didn't see the ability it self, lmfao.) that Clear Body would be a pretty interesting option. So, yeah. Thanks.

Volcanion (Pdon) @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Solarbeam
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Volcanion (Pogre) @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Volcanion (Slowbro) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA (uh idk what's the best spread for this)
Quiet/Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake/Psyshock/Grass Knot

Ok Volcanion is now released. It's Fire/Water and has 130 SpA. Do you know what it means? It can run BOTH Primal Weathers as possible sets. It's kinda slow, so it'll usually prefer Scarf more than Specs. Also because it has great bulk, it can run a Regenvest set and be annoying af. It also has a pretty nice Attack stats to go mixed. Has plenty of potential imo.

Volcanion @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate/Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind/Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Volcanion has a surprising amount of donor options despite being have a unique type. Gyarados gives Intimidate and Thunderbolt over Slowking/bro, but you miss out on recovery and boosting options. I agree with Chopin Alkaninoff that RegenVest will probably be one of the better sets, though I'd slash Dragon Tail for phasing. Octillery and Mew (and Arceus) also give dual STAB, but I don't see how they could pull off a better set than one of these due to their lackluster abilities (Focus Energy Sniper, I guess?).

I decided to come here, Drop some sets, Then get out, So here they are:-

Ho-Oh (Volcanion) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
A form of regenvest which keeps fire blast and adds some new coverage

Mew (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
Another defensive form of Volcanion, It is immune to burn, The least status that it cares about anyway, and now it prevents opposing pokemon from Paralyzing/Poisoning it because at which they will get status'd too

Blaziken (Volcanion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest/Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Baton Pass/Protect
Just use protect on switch in to gain good speed, Then begin a sweep, Baton Pass can be used instead to help allies

Palkia (Volcanion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Timid/Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Same as above except you have much better moves with BoltBeam and do not need protect, BUT you do not keep getting faster and you are locked on the first move you use, simple trade

Gyarados-Mega (Volcanion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Surprise! BoltBeam, Dual STAB AND Mold breaker, what would you want more? O yeah recovery.. Ehh whatever :p

Starmie (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
Ok, So who would've guess one of the fastest water types is a great donor to one of the slowest water types? Well I did and here is what we get, It is similar to a set I use in AU (Analytic Slowbro) so I am sure it works just great at luring pokemon expecting the palkia or the blaziken set

1) how you inherit? That isn't specified

2) for unknow reasons people forgot of inherit with volcarona. You can paste quiver dance to any spetial flying/ fire type

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain

I think that mega pidpidgeis the most benefited of this, as now have better and more powerful coverage and quiver dance

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Although some would-be users have to pay some moves, like charizard Y, that have to pay focus blast

You just put the moves on your pokemon, same way you "inherit" stuff for stabmons, or abilities in AAA. And no guard pidgeot can just inherit from chatot and get sing+boomburst+nasty plot+heat wave.

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1) how you inherit? That isn't specified

2) for unknow reasons people forgot of inherit quiver dance. With volcarona, you can paste quiver dance to any spetial flying or fire type

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain

I think that mega pidgeot gets more benefits of this, as now have better and more powerful coverage and quiver dance

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Although some would-be users have to pay some moves, like charizard Y, that have to pay focus blast

Venomoth can do the same thing to psychic and grass types, plus times lents, this meaning they would have 1-2 free moveslots that can be used in any support option that venomoth can offer, depending of the type. I reccomend to inherit non-megas, because of tined lens

Alakazam
Ability: Tinted Lens
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Almost any quiver dancer not mentioned above does the same things listed, and in some cases even worse. You could inherit from vivilon while using flying types, trading fire blast for compound eyes, sleep powder and energy ball. Compound eyes gives better accuracy in hurricane and sleep powder to get setup chances and it also gets better accuracy, but I wouldn't do that, as steel types exist. Butterfree does the things that venomoth does, but it can do it with ghost types and offers compound eyes, at the prize of more límited forth-moveslot options.

You just put the moves on your pokemon, same way you "inherit" stuff for stabmons, or abilities in AAA. And no guard pidgeot can just inherit from chatot and get sing+boomburst+nasty plot+heat wave.
Yeah, the sleep, more powerful STAB and nasty plot are really cool, but volcarona should have some merit for quiver dance and better and more powerful coverage

Last edited by a moderator:

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bisharp @ Life Orb/Whatever
Ability: Adaptability
- Crunch
- Iron Tail
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance/Drain Punch

Mega Lucario thank you so much!

I may be dum
but why is masqurain there?
Does it get some special move or smth?
Masqurain is a good Pokemon to inherit from mainly because it has intimidate, roost and quiver dance . It also has an decent enough special movepool to work with, with stuff like Air Slash, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Scald and Shadow Ball in its arsenal. It used to be used on suicune with the setm qd/scald/roost/ice beam/sub/whirlwind. Basically any decently bulky water can use its movepool to set up and sweep.

It also has a decent support movepool so bulky pokemon can use its ability and movepool to be a wall/utility mon. With options like Whirlwind, Sticky Web, U-turn/Baton Pass, Haze, Defog and of course, Toxic and the aforementioned Roost.

Masqurain is a good Pokemon to inherit from mainly because it has intimidate, roost and quiver dance . It also has an decent enough special movepool to work with, with stuff like Air Slash, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Scald and Shadow Ball in its arsenal. It used to be used on suicune with the setm qd/scald/roost/ice beam/sub/whirlwind. Basically any decently bulky water can use its movepool to set up and sweep.

It also has a decent support movepool so bulky pokemon can use its ability and movepool to be a wall/utility mon. With options like Whirlwind, Sticky Web, U-turn/Baton Pass, Haze, Defog and of course, Toxic and the aforementioned Roost.
Never imagined a pkmn as unappreciated gets such good movepool and ability
So its stats and bad typing are the ones that hold back the pokemon?
Thx for letting me know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)