SS OU Insane HO team no ground immunity Ditto Proof Strat

Introduction

I used this team for getting the req. for the recent suspect test in about less than 3 hours (38/2). Given how crazy this team is, I want to show how even Ditto is not a real counter to Dynamax

The Team

Excadrill @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
Like every HO team in SS OU, Excadrill lead is a must. But here is the twist - instead of running sash, I prefer the Rocky Helmet. The reason for this is that everyone expects your Excadrill to be sash, so most people don't attempt to KO it anyway. RH actually helps in situation vs other Excadrill- people always click spin first now. Thus, if you go for EQ turn 1, RH breaks their sash and you guarantee they won't have any rocks on your side without risking any speed tie. This is a very important point[

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Air Slash
After the first hazard war (RH Drill almost always guarantee rock up with the exception of Dracovish lead, since most G-Darm U-turn out in fear of sash Drill), get Mew in, click Nasty Plot and Max Air Sweep. The amazing thing about this Mew set is that it destroy the whole OU tier with the exception of T-tar, and most teams now are phys def oriented, Mew will almost always have a hay day. Since when you dynamax, your opponent not knowing your set, would likely sack 2-3 mons when pivoting around your Mew, thinking they could reverse sweep your team with their Ditto. After 3 turns, they send their Ditto in and you sack your Mew

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
After Mew got sacked, you send your T-tar in and DD Up. Now, your opponent would be like wth is this Mew set and would either attempt to chip your T-tar with Fire Blast, or to switch Ditto out and sack another mons in an attempt to reverse sweep you with T-tar latter. Since Mew netted 2-3 KOs, Ditto is one, your opponent now has 2-3 other mons left. T-tar will probably trade 1-2 more kills, regardless of the matchup thanks to the insane coverage of EdgeQuake + Crunch. Shuca is there for random scarf G-Darm, SR Drill or Dugtrio attempt to revenge you. Now there are probably two scenarios- (1) your opponent would attempt to reverse you with Ditto Impostered T-tar and actually died if you have enough health to live a shuca EQ. (2) Your opponent successfully revenge kills your T-tar. If (1), the game is over. If (2), you send out Dugtrio

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Memento
- Reversal
The point of Dugtrio is to revenge kill your imposter T-tar. With Reversal, Dugtrio actually KO T-tar even when Dynamax. In some match up, Dugtrio can be used to hard switch into Cinderace if you can predict Court Change. Now your opponent has 1-2 pokemon left, and likely to have wasted their Dynamax on Ditto. Memento is there so that you won't be the setup folder for whatever they have left. Toad and your Ditto should be able to beat whatever they have left

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Protect
The main reason Toad is here is for Dracovish, which literally 6-0 this team otherwise. Toad is also useful for checking Cinderace, the only mon that could have killed your T-tar given it is faster than T-tar at +1 and have access to HJK. Most games I don't even need to send this out

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform
In the rare situation where things go unexpected, extremely skilled Ditto is always here with the insane mechanics that only the best pokemon player can master

While the script I wrote here sounds unrealistic, I would say about 70% of my games on the ladder follow this exact plan. The few threats that may force players to deviate from this scheme are (1) Dracovish, which would force you to switch into Toad turn 1 and change your plan a little bit. (2) Cinderace, which requires you need to hard predict and trap it with Dugtrio so that T-tar can sweep. (3) Trick Room LO Haterane, if they get that thing on Mew and blow my team up first. The main point here in showcasing this team is to show people how broken Dynamax is- Ditto is no real counter

Excadrill @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Air Slash

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Memento
- Reversal

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Protect

Banded Dugtrio> Sash Dugtrio (also, put stone edge instead of reversal, reversal is trash in this meta)

Put stealth rocks on Seismitoad instead of protect

Togekiss>Mew
With Togekiss setting up and Dinamaxing u will sweep a lot of teams, I assure it

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Banded Dugtrio> Sash Dugtrio (also, put stone edge instead of reversal, reversal is trash in this meta)

Put stealth rocks on Seismitoad instead of protect

Togekiss>Mew
With Togekiss setting up and Dinamaxing u will sweep a lot of teams, I assure it

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
The issue is their impostered togekiss can flinch T-tar to death in the chain and reverse sweep me. Plus Togekiss need to get em flinches on Pex or u lose the boost

Hi, new to singles and trying to learn all about competitive.
Been trying out teams cause I'm not experienced enough to make my own, and I've liked this one a lot so far.
However, there are a few pokemon that are frustrating for me to play against with this team (probably mainly because I don't have sets memorized) so I was wondering if you can walk me through briefly how you're supposed to play around them here? Besides having Mew be stupid strong, unless that's the only way.

1) Ferrothorn feels annoying. If for some reason my Mew is gone, it feels like I have nothing to really deal with it. Just get leech seed/protect stalled, then power whip or gyro. Best bet I guess is t-tar? I don't know.
2) Eiscue I'm just not sure how to deal with him. I understand the concept of getting rid of his block thing, then he dynamaxes to get it back, but at that point I feel like I've sacked a couple mons or something.
3) Corsola. I just don't understand this pokemon at all.
4) Prankster Grimmsnarl seems really annoying

Hi, new to singles and trying to learn all about competitive.
Been trying out teams cause I'm not experienced enough to make my own, and I've liked this one a lot so far.
However, there are a few pokemon that are frustrating for me to play against with this team (probably mainly because I don't have sets memorized) so I was wondering if you can walk me through briefly how you're supposed to play around them here? Besides having Mew be stupid strong, unless that's the only way.

1) Ferrothorn feels annoying. If for some reason my Mew is gone, it feels like I have nothing to really deal with it. Just get leech seed/protect stalled, then power whip or gyro. Best bet I guess is t-tar? I don't know.
2) Eiscue I'm just not sure how to deal with him. I understand the concept of getting rid of his block thing, then he dynamaxes to get it back, but at that point I feel like I've sacked a couple mons or something.
3) Corsola. I just don't understand this pokemon at all.
4) Prankster Grimmsnarl seems really annoying
ice face doesn't apply to special attacks, also mold breaker excadrill

Oh, i had no idea it only works for phys attacks, that helps a lot! Thanks.
I also completely forgot about mold breaker. I've been noobily just using exca to set up rocks then sack him so Mew can switch in safely.

2) Biggest Noob Trap- don't break his ice face when he attempts to set up. Let him kill you and switch to Strong special attacker and kill him through his ice face. He is slow af if you don't break the face.
3) Get a magic bounce pokemon on yr team and corsola is literally your setup folder. If you have Trick Room LO Hatterane, chances are your opponent will have to sack 3 mons
4) Prankster can't touch Dark Type. Go to Bisharp and get +6 on him if it is not bulk up drain punch

I don't know about using Shuca Berry Tyranitar, it can tank most Earthquakes from non-setup sweepers and you already have a Ditto on your team to revenge kill sweepers.

Fair enough, though I have encountered some Pokémon that threatened to OHKO my sash Excadrill.
A lot of Pokémon even focus on setting up Stealth Rocks first, than damaging the lead.
Here's one example:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1015590694
When u have a lead sash drill vs another lead sash drill, the best option is always to click spin first. Since the +1 speed boost, you are guaranteed to always get rock off while breaking his sash without risking any speed tie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)