move 2: Air Slash / Shadow Ball
move 3: Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
move 4: U-Turn
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
ability: Torrent
nature: Modest
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Inteleon, when holding a Choice Specs has a surprising amount of power and speed and although it faces competition as a Water-Type Dynamaxer from Gyarados, it benefits from being a special attacker and therefore being able to break through Gyarados checks such as Corviknight as well as having a higher starting speed. Choice Specs revolves around Inteleon Dynamaxing and therefore snowballing out of control with speed boosts as well as setting up its own rain. Hydro Pump is a must due to its pure power and being a strong STAB. Air Slash hits Ferrothorn and opposing grass types and allows Inteleon to boost its speed whilst dynamaxed. If choice scarf, you don't have to run air slash and can instead run Shadow ball to hit Dragapult, Galarian-Corsola and Mimikyu. Ice Beam is another option that hits Hydreigon, which scarf Inteleon outspeeds. The last move is almost always U-turn to keep up momentum versus unfavourable switch ins. Inteleon is good paired with pokemon that can weaken Ferrothorn such as Rotom-Heat and Arcanine as well as pokemon that can take advantage of bulkier walls that can take Inteleon's attacks such as Snorlax and Toxapex.

[SET]
name: Sash Torrent
move 1: Scald
move 2: Ice Beam / Shadow Ball
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Sucker Punch
item: Focus Sash
nature: Rash / Naive

[SET COMMENTS]
This set functions similarly to Sash Torrent Greninja in Ultra Sun Ultra Moon. Scald is the main STAB, becoming boosted when Inteleon is taken down to sash and giving the possibility of burning opposing pokemon. Ice Beam and Shadow Ball are both options for Inteleon, with the former hitting dragons such as haxorus harder whilst the latter hits Mimikyu harder. U-turn can gain momentum and break opposing lead's sashes. Sucker Punch means you can get a hit off on Dragapult or Mimikyu if they bring you down to sash. Rash or Naive Nature are preferred, mostly the former since Naive does not give any significant advantages speed wise, outspeeding Cinderace and Hawlucha being the only two significant advantages. Max Special attack just gives the most power. Inteleon fares quite well as a stand alone pokemon but can work well with pokemon which take advantage of Mimikyu and Ferrothorn counterleads such as Corviknight, Ferrothorn, Arcanine and Rotom-Heat.

[SET]
name: Substitute Torrent Sweeper
move 2: Hydro Cannon
move 3: Air Slash/Sucker Punch
move 4: Substitute
item: Mystic Water/Petaya Berry
nature: Timid

[SET COMMENTS]
This set aims to use Inteleon's natural speed to substitute into Torrent and then hit opponents with Torrent Boosted Water Attacks. Scald is Inteleon's main Water-type STAB move for spamming outside of Dynamax. Hydro Cannon is a nuke at Torrent and also turns into a 150 Base Power Max Geyser. Max Geyser also sets up Rain, further boosting Inteleon's Water-type moves, allowing it to even put big damage onto Ferrothorn. Air Slash allows Inteleon to boost its speed, whilst Sucker Punch hits Dragapult. When using Sub/Torrent Inteleon, take care for abilities and moves that bypass subsititute such as Dragapult's infiltrator and Sylveon's Hyper Voice and Toxtricity's Boomburst and Overdrive. As well as this, Scarfers such as Darmanitan-Galar and Rotom-Formes can threaten Inteleon with the OHKO. Excadrill is a decent teammate for this Inteleon set as it covers a lot of these weaknesses.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something I think that should be emphasized in the first set is the selling points it has over Gyarados, the main Water Dynamaxer who is otherwise a better pick for most teams. Mainly, that it isn't nearly as vulnerable to burns, that its pretty immedtiately fast, and that it becomes pretty obscenly powerful if you manage to get it into Torrent activation range.

For the sash set, I realize its a very independent Pokemon, but we do need to give it a few teammate mentions. I'd probably focus on stuff that pairs really well with the U-turn support, like Rotom-H and Arcanine (for Ferrothorn mainly and you mentioned them in the last set too), and Corviknight and Ferrothorn are good mentions too for punishing lead Mimikyus.

Otherwise, Inteleon isn't exactly a complicated mon, so I don't really have much else to add, QC Approved 1/2!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think sash swords dance is worth mentioning somewhere. I’ve seen it a few times but haven’t test it yet, but it gets some decent physical moves; Liquadation, Aqua Jet, Acrobatics, Bounce, Sucker Punch, U-turn...

Also considering how good SubTorrent Gren was last gen I think it needs to be tested on this thing. Not having Z Hydro Cannon anymore is probably a big deal, but you can use Max Geyser from Hydro Cannon for free 150 BP water moves for 3 turns.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
I think sash swords dance is worth mentioning somewhere. I’ve seen it a few times but haven’t test it yet, but it gets some decent physical moves; Liquadation, Aqua Jet, Acrobatics, Bounce, Sucker Punch, U-turn...

Also considering how good SubTorrent Gren was last gen I think it needs to be tested on this thing. Not having Z Hydro Cannon anymore is probably a big deal, but you can use Max Geyser from Hydro Cannon for free 150 BP water moves for 3 turns.
Agree with the sub torrent, the two intelleons Ive seen use it and put in work. Dont think SD makes sense, it could work but it wont be a good set.

Yea Ive been thinking about adding sub to there for a similar gren sorta effect. As for Physical, Ive honestly not seen it but it does sound like pretty cheesey but I doubt too good.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Add this set as well, its the most used set atm:

[SET]
name: Substitute Sweeper
move 2: Hydro Cannon
move 3: Air Slash/Sucker Punch
move 4: Substitute
item: Mystic Water/Petaya Berry
nature: Timid

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I think Sub Torrent is the most popular set, so that should be the #1 set. I'm really not sure if Scarf / Specs is worth a full set TBH, but I guess it's something and some content is better than nothing :mehowth: . But it seems misleading tho claim the choice specs set as "revolving around dynamax" it seems kind of sketch. IDK if that was written unaware of the dynamax mechanics, but Id just rather use Life Orb with that, you're itemless until your 3 turns wears off, idk, and thats a pretty bad thing for something like Inteleon that wants every bit of push available.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
I think Sub Torrent is the most popular set, so that should be the #1 set. I'm really not sure if Scarf / Specs is worth a full set TBH, but I guess it's something and some content is better than nothing :mehowth: . But it seems misleading tho claim the choice specs set as "revolving around dynamax" it seems kind of sketch. IDK if that was written unaware of the dynamax mechanics, but Id just rather use Life Orb with that, you're itemless until your 3 turns wears off, idk, and thats a pretty bad thing for something like Inteleon that wants every bit of push available.
Yeah this was written in the stone ages so probably before Ika played or just started playing Battle Stadium. But I agree as well Choiced Attacker can be scrapped or moved to the third set, as sub torrent and sash torrent are more used and more viable atm.

I think Inteleon should be scrapped as it is not important enough in the meta, therefore Im not updating this though it is clearly outdated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)