Intelligence vs Knowledge vs Wisdom

Hey just curious on how other peeps see this. Amongst all three traits, how will you arrange the order in terms of importance to our individual lives?
As for me, I'll say wisdom is the most important trait followed by intelligence and lastly knowledge. The ability to make the right decision which involves both the pros and cons associated with a decision as well as the ethics and integrity associated with a decision will forever trump the latter two. Moreover if a man is intelligent enough, he will be smart enough to seek methods to maximise his knowledge via research methods as well as data collection, experimentation etc. Lastly while knowledge certainly is important, it itself isn't very useful if you do not know how to utilize knowledge, form evaluations and conclusions if you do not have sufficient intelligence and wisdom.

TTK

Won't Catch Me Lacking.
is a Community Contributor
Interesting post you've made here. I checked the definitions of each of the following words: Intelligence, Knowledge and Wisdom. First I check Wisdom, which was the most important for you. Intelligence was a synonym of Wisdom and I personally believe these are similar and/or the same as one another.

My own personal definition of Wisdom is one having knowledge and intelligence from past experiences and has hindsight into whatever subject and is able to give information onto others. This is at least what I've experienced in my life from many people. In my opinion, all 3 nouns are honestly the same for me. If you have Wisdom, do you not have the knowledge or intelligence for someone to claim you are wise, or you have a lot of wisdom? Are you not intelligent if you have a vast range of knowledge on many subjects? If you are knowledgeable in lets say, Maths, are you not intelligent at the subject and aren't you able to make Wise decisions when it comes to calculating very hard formulae?

The ability to make the right decision which involves both the pros and cons associated with a decision as well as the ethics and integrity associated with a decision will forever trump the latter two
I can understand why you would think is but again, don't you have to be smart/intelligent to make right decisions and consider the pros and cons? At the end of the day, aren't Wisdom, Intelligence and Knowledge the same? They all involve someone being smart in some sort of way, whether that's through experience in life or education.

One last thing I wanted to address. The definition of intelligence according to Google is "the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills." Furthermore, a similar definition of Intelligence on dictionary.com is "capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc." From these definitions, I have summarised that Intelligence is the skill for grasping Knowledge and Wisdom and all these 3 together makes a person overall, smart.

To conclude, I do not believe they can be ranked in terms on importance. They are as important as each other and are vital for humans to be considered smart

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Knowledge and wisdom are two sides of the same coin.

Knowledge is the known. What we have witnessed to be factual and true.
Intelligence comes into play through the application of knowledge and wisdom. It might seem confusing but these are seperate traits, and while they do overlap, there is still enough of a distinction between the three to seperate them into individual traits. Knowledge is the basis from which the other two spring forth so it seems the most important.

Wisdom is just a fancy sounding word for intuition. Wisdom is using a combination of hindsight + knowledge and allows you to have a feel for what may come next.

Without the intelligence to use that knowledge and wisdom beneficially then what good is it to you?

While it appears as knowledge would be the most important I would argue that they are equally important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)