International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall this competition was ok just didnt like the disconnects after like day 2. Must say majority of players i faced were of average skill

Only one real note worthy battle and i had to comeback to win it check it out 37-83435-01798

good match to say the least

Around 15 people d/c on me, not to bad compared to random match-up. Also Everyone start posting Battle Video Numbers please. Here is mine against cyberetron:95-10978-08175

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This was a very ..... "unfair" tournament...

Rating: 1500
Wins: 0
Loses: 0
D/Cs when I was about to win: .....142
D/Cs when I had the advantage: 17

My modem was perfect during the whole tournament. No d/c from my part ;)

Saldy...my 159 loser opponents didn't think I deserved mofo leaderboard ¬¬

Team was:
Terrakion, Hydreigon, Tornadus, Amoongus, Thundurus, Mienshao.
I literally had nobody under 1550 DC on me and I only played 20 or so battles. You can't be serious.

This was a very ..... "unfair" tournament...

Rating: 1500
Wins: 0
Loses: 0
D/Cs when I was about to win: .....142
D/Cs when I had the advantage: 17

My modem was perfect during the whole tournament. No d/c from my part ;)

Saldy...my 159 loser opponents didn't think I deserved mofo leaderboard ¬¬

Team was:
Terrakion, Hydreigon, Tornadus, Amoongus, Thundurus, Mienshao.
Thats insane. You must be exaggerating. You must.

mattj said:
I'm sorry, but you've got to be trolling.
The sad thing is I'm not -.-

Eraddd said:
Probably something due to his end.

Or you played with 159 mexicans.
FU, moron. I'm mexican, if you hadn't noticed before ¬¬ Actually, I only battled around 15 of my own....f'ing D/cers

Ashenlock said:
People are just now noticing this? Golden Emp has mentioned his D/C count many times before.
THANKS BRO! At least someone was paying attention ;)

And yes, I seem to have the worst d/c "hax" (god, i hate that word -.-) in the entire world...

Well, if you're not lying, then something must have been wrong with your connection. Sure there were a few disconnectors, but the non disconnectors outweighed them by a fair amount, especially if you had a 1500 rating. Which error message was coming up when you lsot connection?

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
He(she? Idk your gender haha) is telling the truth. He was kinda raging for 6 straight comments. I mean if you check his most recent post..., yea

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's something obviously wrong with your connection. I doubt you were winning 159 times in a way that made people DC on you. In any case, drop it. It's been about an entire page about that.

On the topic of disconnections, I always thought some inexperienced players around the 1500 mark might be disconnecting thinking I was hacking with my fully EV'd mons taking little damage or dishing out huge damage depending on the mon.

Well, if you're not lying, then something must have been wrong with your connection. Sure there were a few disconnectors, but the non disconnectors outweighed them by a fair amount, especially if you had a 1500 rating. Which error message was coming up when you lsot connection?
NONE. The normal thing happened. "The connection with the other player has been lost"; and then it "re-directed" me to the "Do you want to continue playing/battling" and the search for another opponent started again.

soul_sourvivor: Thanks dude. I'm a "he", btw.

Mr. Firestorm: My connection was flawless. I know when my connection fails (like when my mom accidentaly turns the modem off when I'm playing randoms), it displays a message like "You have been disconnected, would you like to connect again?" BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN EVEN ONCE IN THESE 4-5 DAYS.

I am more in disbelief that someone won (or was about to win) 159 consecutive games without losing. That is better than any record anyone else got in this tournament.

Congratz if you really won 159 consecutive games.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am more in disbelief that someone won (or was about to win) 159 consecutive games without losing. That is better than any record anyone else got in this tournament.

Congratz if you really won 159 consecutive games.
Well, people who disconnect are usually people who suck at playing legitimately, so it makes sense if you think about it.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
@firestorm

You would think , nobs would d/c, but its really those who are like oh my gawd im perfect, and cant lose. d/c.

I would be really pissed if a known d/c'er was to come in 1st. Thats how you'll no nintendo dsn't give a fk.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Personally I experienced way more people with high rankings DCing than those with low rankings.

I see a lot of video swapping going around. I captured many battle videos that were posted in the thread during the tournament (including many that aren't available anymore). Any objections to using matches listed here for a big Youtube compliation video?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh definitely, it's just I had even a few 1300s and 1400s DC on me and I feel they may have been frustrated at some of their attacks doing so little when they were super effective on me while I did massive damage back. After all, for many people, they're the same level and super effective so they feel it should be about equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)