International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I guess they want everyone to be able to do this, as its still isnt midnight where I live. They probaly will open it when California hits midnight or something like that.

If this tournament is going to be determining the victor based on W:L ratio, what's stopping everyone from disconnecting? Did they announce any sort of d/c detection system?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pacific makes the most sense as TPCi is headquartered in the Seattle area. Or it might be at some time tomorrow morning.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
If this tournament is going to be determining the victor based on W:L ratio, what's stopping everyone from disconnecting? Did they announce any sort of d/c detection system?
The Japanese version of the tournament used a score based system. The Japanese version also said they would remove people from the rankings who disconnect too much. I'm not sure if they are or can do anything else about people who disconnect. The Autumn friendly probably does something similar.

I get DCed on a lot in the GBU and my scores don't show (and if they did I'd be No.1 in doubles by a long way), so the thing about them removing results is true. Although that said, the guy in second place at least is a disconnecting bell end and has done it to me about 5 times on a 100% basis so it might not happen to everyone.

Shame I can't play in this though, cause I'm well... out in the middle of nowhere in Wales with the nearest wifi connection being about 50 yards away.
Bugger that, I can't be arsed.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
How would registration go. Do you put your mons in the battle box during registration, or do you do it when the battles actually starts.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I get DCed on a lot in the GBU and my scores don't show (and if they did I'd be No.1 in doubles by a long way), so the thing about them removing results is true. Although that said, the guy in second place at least is a disconnecting bell end and has done it to me about 5 times on a 100% basis so it might not happen to everyone.

Shame I can't play in this though, cause I'm well... out in the middle of nowhere in Wales with the nearest wifi connection being about 50 yards away.
Bugger that, I can't be arsed.
50 yards is like a 40 second walk.

The Japan Cup I thought was really organized. You never did see any hacked teams or anything, so you don't have to worry about that. The main problem were the DC's. There were many people that would DC my matches and as a result my score wasn't posted in the final ranking. Besides that, it was a lot of fun!!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
TPCi is based in Seattle. It's 10PM in Seattle. And Pokemon is never on time with anything.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
f5 f5 f5 f5 wait it's in flash
It likely won't be ready until next morning to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)