International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
No more accusing other users of disconnecting. Shit happens. People do stuff. Next accusation will be met with a swift warning.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
D:

Why did it DC?!?!? Shiro* from New York and i were having a great match before it decided to d/c... :(

If you go here Shiro*, that seriously looked to be down the wire (had to get past a certain Fighting-type in order to win, but was possible, me thinks...).

Well, at least future tournaments will have fewer disconnectors - as the rules say,

Players who behave inappropriately or attempt to obstruct the competition may be penalized.

Players with a significant number of disconnects may be removed from the final Rankings. Read the "1. Once you have an opponent, finish the match!" section carefully, follow the rules, and avoid disconnecting during a match. Play matches using a stable Wi-Fi Internet connection, and fully charge your system before beginning a match.

If a player is found to be behaving in a way not befitting a Pokémon Trainer at any time, he or she may be disqualified from participating in all current and future competitions.
So the people who disconnect every other match will quite possibly be banned from all future wifi tournaments, and possibly even real life VGC tournaments.

Well, at least future tournaments will have fewer disconnectors - as the rules say,

So the people who disconnect every other match will quite possibly be banned from all future wifi tournaments, and possibly even real life VGC tournaments.
But, it appears as if they can't determine who DC'd from a battle. So, that would basically disqualify everyone. I've racked up well over 50 DC'd battles, and I hope that wouldn't count against me. Gamefreak should've set up their servers better.

So pretty much the highest ranked players on the GBU are ragequitters? o.0 You can practically be undefeated by D/Cing, of course I'm sure it is just as bad over there on the GBU as it is in this Tournament.

I DC'ed 4 times against, Ash from Kuwait, Carlos from Mexico, and 2 others mentioned here numerous times for ragequitting. I'll laugh if I get 'banned' or not have my results show up. Why waste 10 minutes over nothing?

So, how could they fix the problem?

If they can tell who disocnnected, they could count it as a loss for that person; though that is also punishing people who lose their connection through no fault of their own (already in this thread we've had two different people saying their girlfriends shut the connection down and one person saying his dad did).

Someone else mentioned the possibility of a system equivalent to 1 point for a loss, 2 for a draw, 3 for a win, so that there's an incentive to finish even matches you're going to lose. That, though, could suffer from people just forfeiting - if it takes 6 minutes to play out and win a match, and 1 minute to enter a match and forfeit straight away, the forfeiter will get twice as many points as the winner in the same time.

@Showsni My girlfriend didn't shut down the connection, It's the fault of her router of her ISP idk, and i already have said all i have to said about this. In a couple of hours i'll be back to my house and then if I D/C you can blame on me because i've never had any issues with my connection. So let it pass

No no, it was someone else who's girlfriend shut their DS down - Expert Evan, maybe?
Oh, it was his wife, not girlfriend. Well, that's who I was referring to, anyway.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
^right, my wife

I just barely made it to 1900 I think, am so tempted to quit while this good. At least I finally figured how to record my matches so I can upload them to youtube thanks to a link GameCodeTrainer provided me on irc.

Crap! Sorry ___! My dog chewed up my router and I got DC'ed when I face you again I'll forfeit.

Edit: Ugh! I went to go forfeit and my DS turned off, I forgot to charge it last night.

Welp, I'm back again, didn't start working straight away like I thought I would, although I AM employed (yay.) Anyway, time for some more matches! Maybe I can push my way through the DC's and hit 1700 at some point today.

Too bad about that fastest disconnection time competition thread being shut down. I would've enjoyed turning mild frustration into something, you know, more fun.

Well, I'm done.

After 50 matches, several low-rating opponents, around 10 DCers, and about as many losses (some to hax, some not), I'm left sitting at a pathetic 1743 after one final hax loss drops my score almost 30 points.

That settles it; I'm sticking with Single matches.

My personal highlight of the tournament: 73-98756-98025

Fear the Golurk! FEAR IT I SAY!!!

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
D:

Why did it DC?!?!? Shiro* from New York and i were having a great match before it decided to d/c... :(

If you go here Shiro*, that seriously looked to be down the wire (had to get past a certain Fighting-type in order to win, but was possible, me thinks...).
Just reminding everyone that Shiro* isnt me.

I just battled someone called Rodrigo from Brazil and I have never seen so much "hax" go someone's way (in his favour) it was just ridiculous... so much so, he even disconnected as the results were going, which was quite nice I suppose.

Broke 1800 Finally and the tournament ends in about 5 and a half hours so... I got nothin better to do.
Negative... the tournament ends at 10-24-2011 23:59 (UTC)

I just battled someone called Rodrigo from Brazil and I have never seen so much "hax" go someone's way (in his favour) it was just ridiculous... so much so, he even disconnected as the results were going, which was quite nice I suppose.
You're saying he won and D/C'd after? lol XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)