International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Dark Lords,

I remember fighting a Daniel (I remembered the name only because that's my real name on my birth certificate) guy with team that sent out double genies, with a play style that was... it was like the me of 2002, and then when I managed a victory from behind he disconected.

Then the next day I play this guy with a lot more points then me named Daniel. I'm thinking "Have I played this guy before?" which is odd because I normally wouldn't remember or even care about previously fought foes, but something about this team seems very familiar. So I got a bit of lead because he didn't predict a rock slide. The game goes my way and it seems stupidly easy beat him. He's running some stuff that I wouldn't expect only because it is incredibly stupid. But the one thing that is really weird
is that the back of my mind says "this is familiar."
He disconnected

:(

That man is a pigeon!

I must of been disconnected 11 times after 130 battles though... not a bad ratio if less then 10 percent.

3rd game is happening for sure, I doubt Nintendo wouldn't press Game Freak to do it to boost 3DS's poor sales, heck, you can even tell the Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City are a beta version of a 3DS one.

In other more related to this topic news, I got another battle in, not too good due to me being bad, but at least I won. Scarf Hydreigon is a pain.

May as well post my team just for fun
Battles: 25
Rating: 1716
Record: 24-1
Disconnects: Literally over 9,000

Tornadus @ Flight Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Protect

Thundurus @ Electric Gem
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Protect

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 HP / 252 Spd
- Sacred Sword
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Jellicent @ Water Gem
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 100 Spd / 156 HP
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Trait: Lightening Rod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Protect

(Singles) Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 6 HP
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fight]
- Substitute

Yeah hoping for some improvements, disconnecting-wise but still it was pretty fun and looking forward to any future Wi-Fi tornaments with the D/C problem fixed !

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cause on my brother's white version his name's Weedle, but it gets turned into Kuro* when you play him on the random wifi. Not sure if that's the "wee" part of his name (lol) or the fact it's a pokémon's name.
More likely "weed" because DRUGZ R EVUL.

Since I will probably never play this metagame again there's no harm in posting my team.
Krookodile (M) @ Chople Berry Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Eelektross (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
- Discharge
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
Thundurus (M) @ Electric Gem
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot(Tried to change it up a bit,comes in handy)

- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack
Vanilluxe (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 148 HP / 188 SAtk / 172 Spd
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Dark](apparently standard)

- Flash Cannon(completely useless)
Tornadus (M) @ Flight Gem
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Tailwind
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Protect

Just beat a 2000+ player called Ryan from None, and was about to thank him for not DCing after I beat him... guess what just popped up? Anyway, I'm off to dinner now so time to post my final records before the tournament officially ends!

Rating: 2057
Number of Battles: 156
Amount of Time Spent: Way too much

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh the only person above even 1500 not to disconnect today was coolbiz. Doesn't look like I'll be making my 1750 goal :(

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was going to try hitting 1900 today but guess not. Great (lol actually pretty shitty) tournament and it was nice to visit VGC 2011 again. I found that the metagame isn't as bad and I"m not as shitty as I thought I was!

Rating: 1851
Battles: 57

Just for laughs, I'll post my final record:

Rating: 1523
Battles: 1 (8 D/Cs)

I know I didn't put as much effort as you guys, so I'm impressed by how amazing you people are at continuing on in spite of D/Cs. That's true devotion to the game, just like the people who play the Battle Tower/Subway to insane streaks.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
and thats it

after being haxed down from 1900, getting it again like 5 times, then being haxed down each time, i made it to 1896. got an 1800 guy as the last match of the day, he d/c's after i ko his first two pokemon, and so forever 1896 for me

this really was addictive but not enjoyable enough that i would play in the future until they solve the d/cing problem

seriously thats a problem that needs to be fixed, because it literally ruined any part of this that was supposed to be competitive...

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
My Team

Volcarona @Fire Gem (was supposed to be Charti but due to Firestorm's registration fakeout I thought didnt have enough time >:o)
Trait: Flame Body
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
-Quiver Dance
-Will-O-Wisp
-Heat Wave
-Bug Buzz

90% of this Volcarona's purpose was to burn things. The EVs and nature allowed it to take ANYONE'S nonSTAB Rock Slide and with Charti (>:o) even Terrakion's and burn the attacker. To my surprise it even took Krookodile's Stone Edge o_0!

Whimsicott @Mental Herb
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/6 Spd
-Taunt
-Encore
-Tailwind
-Stun Spore

Originally a Cotton Guard variant I just used it on a... whim? XD...enough. Tailwind to boost Volcarona's Speed and take care of Speed Ties. Taunt for Trick Room, and if they had a Mental Herb, follow up with Encore. Also Taunt opposing Whimsicott. Encore stops Protect abusers, Fake Out users, locks say Terrakion into Close Combat with Volcarona out on the field. Very useful for forcing switches. Stun Spore in conjunction with my many Rock Slide users was to hax my way out of a bad situation like Jellicent or Cofagrigus. Or just any bad situation.

Mienshao @Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Fake Out
-Rock Slide
-Hi Jump Kick
-U-Turn

Fake Out Amoongus and hope for no Effect Spore, net some free damage force a Protect (which I then Encore), stop Trick Room, very effective. Rock Slide for coverage and Volcarona/pokemon that needed that extra hit. U-Turn to recover health and switch targets (Switch out partner then let Mienshao U-Turn to that partner). Hi Jump Kick = Ouch when played right. It also bluffs Inner Focus.

Terrakion @Expert Belt
-Swords Dance (forgot Protect :P, sue me)
-Rock Slide
-Close Combat
-X-Scissor

Meh. Nothin special here. Life Orb was taken.

Archeops @Rock Gem
Trait: Defeatist
-Hone Claws (I FORGOT CRUNCH!!!!!)
-Rock Slide
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake

Only Earthquake user, REALLY MEANT TO PUT CRUNCH ON! DAMN YOU FIRESTORM!!!!
Rock Gem MUCH MUCH MUCH More convenient. In doubles Rock Slide needs the boost. Acrobatics for 110 BP STAB.

Scrafty @Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
-Rest
-Crunch
-Drain Punch (Shouldve ran Hi Jump Kick)
-Bulk Up

Scrafty does laughable damage w/o a boost. Shed Skin didnt turn out as reliable as I thought but Fake Out over Rest? Meh, debatable. Drain Punch was to be replaced but I was waiting on a Heart Scale.

Thank Firestorm for much of my team's errors.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My final rating was 1912 after 86 battles as I am now uploading some youtube videos and shall post the links once they're ready, so stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)