Metagame Inverse [Leader's Choice] (VR Updated!)

in the hills

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/silvally:
Silvally @ Leftovers
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Swords Dance
- U-turn / Flame Charge
- Toxic
uhh so yeah... don't know how nobody has used this yet because actually have no clue how to defensively check this atm. +2 Multi Attack is all the coverage you need so your other two slots are super free. Toxic hits Avalugg and puts it on a timer really easily when paired with U-turn because it allows Silvally to gain just insane momentum vs it. Flame Charge is another option if you wanna aim more towards sweeping, though I'd just stick to U-turn personally. Ice Beam is another super niche option over Toxic to hit lugg for actual damage but I wouldn't recommend it. +2 Multi Attack is insanely strong with no resists and Silvally has solid enough bulk to live most hits. Offensive Ghosts like Dragapult and Blace can annoy this, Zeraora can annoy with Plasma Fists, and you don't want to get Toxiced yourself, but I'm genuinely just at a loss as to how this isn't like an A rank or higher mon atm.

Ok so I'm new here but I've been participating in ladder, Kept getting around 1300 elo with 68.5 GXE currently. At least 50 games under my belt
Anyway there's one thing I noticed in particular:
1619955614076.png

Holy cow Regidrago is a monster. Much like it's brother Regieleki, it's a pokemon that had the one immunity to it snipped by Inverse mechanics. With no fairies, you have to pick a dragon and pray. Outrage Dragon Dance what I've seen a lot of because it's not dead weight against offense. Outrage absolutely tears through everything at about +2, which can be arranged by screen shenanigans and it's own gigantic substitutes. It can even run Draco on physical sets to nab a free Avalugg kill, since you're never not clicking Outrage as a physical move anyway. The fangs do negligible damage, at least, not enough to warrant running when Resisted Dragon moves can do 50+ anyway. Of course, if screens DD isn't your cup of tea, you can also try choiced button clickers. Specs in particular has a staggering 0 switchins, as it rips the pink blobs in half.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragon's Maw Regidrago Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 387-456 (54.2 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And Chansey can suffer a 2HKO at the hands of hazards since it can't wear the boots like Blissey
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragon's Maw Regidrago Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 322-379 (45.7 - 53.8%) -- 44.5% chance to 2HKO
I guess you can use like, Goodra if you're desperate. But even that takes like a 3rd on a mon with little recovery to speak of.
I'm surprised not to see it on the VR, I saw a good lot of it on ladder and it seems very strong. It can circumvent a lot of it's counterplay with brute force alone and there's rarely a game I open up and say "Drago doesn't do anything here." At least put this thing on the VR if you aren't gonna quickban it, it hits like a nuclear warhead filled with smaller nuclear warheads. If you're having trouble with fat, slot a Drago, click buttons, have a good time.

Last edited:
Wait you can just use this right? It traps a bunch of defensive mons (and some offensive ones) and then just sets up and sweeps.

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Rest
- Stored Power
- Nasty Plot / Sleep Talk / Taunt

Shadow Tag is not banned. Sleep Talk allows more setting up while asleep, whereas Nasty Plot gives Stored Power a big boost. Taunt gets stuff like Teleport Blissey and Leech Seed and whatnot. I guess you could also use CM instead of Nasty Plot, but not much point as you are boosting defenses first. I think it's better to run PhysDef on this as you can set up on more things but SpDef is also an option.

Last edited:

OM

Stay safe everyone.
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Wait you can just use this right? It traps a bunch of defensive mons (and some offensive ones) and then just sets up and sweeps.

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Rest
- Stored Power
- Nasty Plot / Sleep Talk / Taunt

Shadow Tag is not banned. Sleep Talk allows more setting up while asleep, whereas Nasty Plot gives Stored Power a big boost. Taunt gets stuff like Teleport Blissey and Leech Seed and whatnot. I guess you could also use CM instead of Nasty Plot, but not much point as you are boosting defenses first. I think it's better to run PhysDef on this as you can set up on more things but SpDef is also an option.
Affirming that all of Shadow Tag, Arena Trap, Power Construct, Moody and Baton Pass are banned.

Thanks! It's not implemented on ladder (I swept several teams with Goth), and the ban wasn't there in the post until just now (unless I missed it), so I wasn't sure. Anyway just a reminder that it needs to be implemented on the ladder.

Stored Power mono-attacker (with Reuniclus, say, and with screens support) still looks to be more viable than in standard, since Psychic is better offensively and defensively here and there are no immunities.

Last edited:

Fc

Resident Ubers Zoomer
is a Live Chat Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Really glad inverse got a ladder this month, and pretty early on it's been fun trying out a lot of new stuff consistently. Just wanna drop some early thoughts as well as a sample submission / team showcase of what I've been liking recently built around this vr nom:
Echoing this for the most part, idk if A rank yet is the play with fast ghosts and futureport bro being fairly common, but this mon is solid. Toxic on physical mons is really nice in this meta and it's a strong breaker, so I think it's a really good partner for a lot of picks.

I've been really liking Cinderace in this meta, and think it's clearly one of the best mons rn. Scarf has few switch ins and is an incredible pivot, with sturdy Fire resists being fairly uncommon outside of the top ice mons which you can apply easy pressure to. I could honestly see Cinderace being even higher on the vr, but for now it's a really solid A rank pick. On the topic of A ranks, Rhyperior is really fun to use rn also. SD rocks is really solid, being strong enough to easily boost past Avalugg which can't do much back. Good Ice resists are hard to come by and Lightning Rod really helps against Zeraora, so I think it's a really fun mon.

Team:

:Silvally: :rhyperior: :blissey: :cinderace: :tornadus-therian: :toxapex:
Laddered up to 1400 in the first few days using this with minimal troubles against most teams, so I just wanted to showcase it a bit. I wanted to build around both Silvally and Cinderace, since normal / fire mons offensively are amazing with Toxic support for Avalugg on Silvally. Rhyperior is amazing for rocks and being an Electric switch in that also takes on waters and grasses and can apply even more pressure to bro / avalugg with the physical core. Blissey is standard special check, taking on most things on the special side, even pressuring Blacephalon and Dragapult since Shadow Ball won't 2HKO especially with pex to pivot around. Cinderace usually puts in the most work, with scarf being insanely hard to switch into and being super good speed control. It revenges Ghosts with U-turn and hits a ton of defensive walls super hard, so I really like it here. Coverage is really solid and with Toxic Silvally doing its thing it works really well. Torn is standard defogger and more reliable rock and ice resist, with defog being quite important for Rhyperior support. Focus Blast helps a lot against things like Buzzwole and Slowbro, while the rest is just a standard supporting moveset. The team originally had something else > Toxapex but struggled hard with Snorlax, so I threw on Haze Toxic pex since ideally that with other mons to boost through it while sleeping it can be taken down. Originally was tspikes and maybe can be switched around but Toxic is more useful there on paper.

I'll probably be dropping more thoughts near the end of the ladder since there's still so much more to try out with me only getting in a few games mostly with this team above, but I've been having a lot of fun with it so far. I think there's a ton you have to watch out for when building and a lot of things that just naturally are hard to deal with like normals and ghosts, but there's still a lot to explore with the meta seeing as I think Silvally already is an UR mon that easily can prove itself to be a ton better.

Last edited:

OM

Stay safe everyone.
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)