iOS 5

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gonna throw it out there, and this seemed like an approriate place to do it.

How are you iPhone users finding it? Worth the hype? I've got it downloaded, don't know if it's worth the epic long time it'll inevitably take to sync it. Wouldnt mind hearing some opinions off you guys first and the like,

So, hit me with them!

i updated. works fine for me. definitely going to sell all my apple stock after the next keynote, however.

I'm annoyed since my iPod Touch is apparently too old to update >.>

Guess that's Apple for you, you don't update every year to the new model and you get left in the dust. Shame as that iMessenger thing was looking fun.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, I think I might be joing the pile of people caught up in the update problems. Might be as I'm trying to do it on a different laptop to the one I first used with my iPhone though, as I think two hours to "Back up" is a bit much by any stretch of the imagination

Which iTouch is it? Seems like a cruel apple trick that they've basically said "No longer supported, more monies please." But, what can you do eh?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You usually get 2 - 3 years from the release of the product to updates. It's better they don't let you upgrade than what they did to my iPhone 3G. They told us we could upgrade to iOS 4.0 and then we found out the upgrade made the phone unusable.

iOS 5 is tight but rly we're still missing turn-by-turn navigation, more multitasking APIs and some delectable widgets. maybe iOS 6.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I have a 2gen iTouch. If anyone else has one, I would like to know if the update even changes anything, because iOS 4 was all "trololo have nothing."

Also Firestorm, that shouldn't have happened. My mom has an iPhone 3G and it worked just fine with iOS 4 (albeit also going trololo have nothing)

i'm a bit disappointed in ios5. all the new features are nice but I believe it was very overhyped, and it wasn't that big of an upgrade. i've also had the betas before the full version was released, and even from the beta to the final version i didn't really see it as anything too big. i'm pretty sure next year will be big for apple. this year might have been successful but a lot of things that came out of it were disappointing to me. particularly final cut pro and what seems like (since i dont own one) the 4s.

pookar

Banned deucer.
lol i just updated my ipod touch with it... and its taking forever and keeps getting some errors where i have to restart the last step (and all the steps seemingly take for ev er)

and i dont even know whats in this damn update to be honest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)