Iron Blue Intention (peaked # 5)

NightFox

Banned deucer.

Iron Blue Intention

Introduccion: I've been plays UU tier for one month because OU I do not like much rain and sandstrom everywhere. I wanted to do a team around a bulky sweeper and finish by choosing one of my favorite sweepers of DPP OU: suicune

Team building process:

I started with this core: cobalion, suicune, and roserade. Cobalion defeats the snorlax and chansey, while roserade covers the bulky waters and grass that stop to suicune

I wanted something that could combat the powerful physical attackers of UU like snorlax, cobalion, heracross, escavalier, stouland and rhyperior, as well as immunity to Ground and stealth rock support, so I chose to gligar

Now I saw the team weak to special attackers like zapdos, alakazam and mismagius And I wanted another physical attacker to help cobalion so I decided for snorlax

Finally, it needed a revenge killer and a strong fire type so I decided for chandelure. I was thinking of darmanitan but I don't like the recoil of flare blitz also that chandelure can handle better deoxys D

Closer Look:

Suicune @ leftovers
EVs: 252 spa, 252 speed, 4 def
Nature: timid
Moveset: hydro pump, ice beam, Hidden power(electric), calm mind

My main sweeper with my favorite set, sometimes surprising things like bulky zapdos and roserade thinking that it is crocune. Hydro pump over surf for more power and hidden power electric over grass to hit empoleon which is much more common than quagsire

Roserade @ black sludge
EVs: 252 spa, 252 speed, 4 spd
nature: timid
Moveset: Leaf storm, sludge bomb, sleep powder, toxic spikes

I love this roserade, even without EVs at hp and spd takes special blows well, puts TS to ruin bulky waters and other things, has sleep power that can be lethal in middlegame and with sludge bomb makes great damage to the fire types that switch on her. Usually I lead with her

Cobalion @ life orb
EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 def
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Sword Dance, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Iron Head

I prefer to cobalion rather than other fighters such as heracross and hitmontop because it resists snorlax´s Return, is immune to toxic chansey and resists the double stab of roserade. Iron Head is an unusual choice but defeat nidoking and golurk with SD as well as being a safe STAB attack

Gligar @ Evoilite
EVs: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 speed
Nature: Impish
Moveset: Steathl rock, roost, toxic, earthquake

Thanks to evoilite, gligar resists very well powerful blows as stouland´s return and escalavier´s megahorn, helps me with SR and toxic to poison flying pokes and waters if roserade has not an opportunity to set up TS

Snorlax @ leftovers
EVs: 80 hp, 252 atk, 176 spd
Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Return, pursuit, crunch, superpower

Offensive Snorlax, It defend my team from special attackers and do much damage. Return over body slam for more power, pursuit to trap and kill mismagius, chandelure and alakzam and superpower to hit chansey harder

Chandelure @ choice scarf
EVs: 252 spa, 252 speed, 4 hp
Nature: timid
moveset: Fire blast, Energy ball, Hidden power( fighting), shadow ball

My revenge killer, fire blast and shadow ball for two STAB, energy ball to predict switchs of rhyperior or waters and hp fight to defeat trappers like houndoom and weaville

Conclusion:
So far this has been my more successful team in BW UU, it have several of my favorite pokes, do not have rapid spinner but roserade absorbing TS is enough. It reached # 5 of the ladder, post if you have any suggestions and thanks for reading my first XD RMT

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Solid team there.

I see raikou as a problem, because only snorlax can handle it, and with hazards support snorlax cannot really switch in, and since you don't have a spinner, enemy's roserade can easily set up on suicune, gligar or your own roserade.

I will rate your team a bit more when i have tested it a bit, but are working toxic spikes for you? I mean, because roserade is everywhere at this time, so toxic spikes are easily removed.

P.D: are you spanish right?

NightFox

Banned deucer.
Yes Raikou can be problematic with the subCM set so I always try to avoid spikes from enemy´s Roserade by predicting the switch and force it out but something I cannot stop are Deoxys D spikes D:
Toxic spikes are useful for me although my Roserade has a hard time putting them so I concentrate on killing the enemy´s Roserade or Nidoking/queen
and I'm not Spanish, I'm VenezuelanXD

coR.

Banned deucer.
oh! this is really a solid team!

at the first look i've alredy seen how a subzapdos is a big big problem... without snorlax :l
so, i have time without play this metagame but i'll test your team, and then i'll rate...

nice rmt anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)