Project Iron Chef: Overused | Episode 11 (Coming 2019!)

Creativity: 1 True Lycan - Reuniclus GOAT.

Essence: 1 Trick Phony - Ice types are few and far between in OU so using one of the tiers best was a good call.
Altervisi - See above reasoning.

Effectiveness: Wisdom dog & 1 Trick Phony - KokoLucha's busted and Kyurem B / Mega Latias are both big threats.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Hey I'll give these all a vote. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to vote for my own team, so here's my take on the 3 core principles. Also only gonna vote 1 for each cuz there aren't too many submissions.

Creativity:
Altervisi: I really like Koko dual screens, and I like to believe that I was the first person ever to get hype about band Kartana, so I love that use. So this has my vote. I think Zam is a bit misplaced here, otherwise I'd probably have the team in other categories as well. Also I really like fly-z gyara over the typical mega version that sedertz uses, fooled around with it myself a time or two.

Essence:
I'll give this to 1 true lycan because he actually has 0 shared types and went above and beyond (and not because he shares my name format LOL)

Effectiveness:
Haven't played with any of these teams yet so if I get the chance (super super busy week maybe not possible) I might fill this part out!

Creativity: wisdom dogs is the clearly the most creative but altervisi, band kart, 4 attacks zam and screens Koko is clean.

Essence: damn wisdom dog rlly captured this essence but I'll go 1 true lycan for not sharing a type as well.

Effectiveness: wisdom dog has a solid as fuck team but 1_trickphony also has a good one, all tried and true sets and nice synergy

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
...Time's Up!

Sorry everyone, had a really busy week with exams starting again. Community voting is now over; thanks to everyone who contributed! The esteemed Panel of Judges are finishing their critique of each contestant's dish to determine the Most Original, Most Essential, and Best-Tasting Dishes, alongside the Overall winner for this Episode.

Stay tuned for the next couple of days, when all the scores will be added up and the results will be announced!

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CHAIRMAN!

The final scores have (finally, I know) been calculated and one Chef has stood out from the rest. This Chef's dish contained no shared typings, but effectively managed to synergize defensively and handle a vast majority of metagame threats. Without further ado, I'm proud to announce the fourth ever winner of Iron Chef | Overused as...

Chef 1 True Lycan!
The participant size was a bit small this week, but we still saw teams of different playstyles, ranging from HO to BO. Chef 1 True Lycan's stood out to the Iron Chefs because it had no shared typing amongst the members and used neat strategies (Shed Shell Pex and Reuni) to patch up its weaknesses. Although this was the first time the winner of the Effectiveness category from the community did not end up being the overall winner, Chef 1 True Lycan was able to take his second consecutive title home with an overall cumulative weighted score of 71%. His dish will be added to the Hall of Fame Shortly!

The votes for community voting were also counted, and the winner of each dish is presented below:

Most Original Dish: Altervisi
Most Essential Dish: 1 True Lycan
Best-Tasting Dish: 1_TrickPhony

Thanks to everyone who participated and made the fourth Episode a great success! With exams coming up, the next week might be a bit rough, but it hopefully means we'll have more participants! The fifth secret ingredient will be revealed momentarily...

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
Please make sure you read the rules above in their entirety. Failure to comply with and/or follow the rules can disqualify you from participating for that episode. I will enforce this very strictly!

You do not have to post "in" to participate!

And now, for the fifth Secret Ingredient of the show...

Dark Horse

Teambuilding is a crucial element to Pokemon battling, and an uncommon Mega has the potential to catch any opponent off guard if used correctly. Some complain about the current state of OU being "stale". To spice up this show, participants will be required to build an OU team featuring any non-OU Mega of their choice. If you are unsure of what is/isn't OU, check the PS! teambuilder. Participants, now is the time to show the Panel of Judges your heat!

The teambuilding part of this Episode will go on until Saturday, April 14 @ 6 PM EST GMT -5. Participants must PM the team to me, the Chairman, otherwise they will not be accepted. The team must also include a description up to standard with the rules or else it will not be accepted. Do not post your team in the thread!

After the teambuilding phase, participants with approved teams will be mentioned in the thread and will be able to challenge the Iron Chefs.

Allez, cuisine!

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
...Time's up!

That wraps up the team building phase of this round. The contestants with their teams approved are shown below:

Altervisi
mudd_skip
vsomani
1 True Lycan
paoisd
1_TrickPhony
hmsa2012
Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)

Please keep in mind that most Iron Chefs have busy schedules and have willingly volunteered to help out by participating, so try your hardest to schedule around their availability. For reference, I have listed each of their time zones in the OP. You can only challenge each Iron Chef once per episode, and you don't have to challenge all of them if you don't feel the need to. I do realize we only have 4 Iron Chefs atm, so I will attempt to gather 1-2 more in the next couple of days!

The easiest way to schedule is usually by checking this thread, where the Iron Chefs will post that they are online, or contacting them on Discord!

The deadline for the challenging phase will be approximately Saturday, April 21 @ 12 AM EST GMT -5. Remember that every game, whether it's a win or loss, increases your overall score. Good luck to all!

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
In order to facilitate scheduling, I've made a discord server with the help of Team Pokepals per vsomani's suggestion. Feel free to join and chat, challenge the Iron Chefs or contestants, post future ingredients, etc! Hopefully this makes everything a bit easier :toast:

https://discord.gg/vDupVyV

Also extending the challenging deadline for 3-4 more days seeing as only a couple participants have fit battles in. Remember that if you don't play for the week, your team will not get judged!

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CHAIRMAN!
Due to irl business, HQuaze will be retiring his spot as an Iron Chef for the foreseeable future. We thank him for all his commitment to this project!

To replace his spot, it is with great pleasure that I introduce Lopunny Kicks as the new Iron Chef! Be sure to give him a warm welcome to the thread!

That being said, he will be accepting challenges for today; note that I will close the challenging phase in 12 hours as I will be absent for the next couple of days, so please fit in a game if you haven't already. Again tagging 1_TrickPhony, 1 True Lycan, and paoisd since you guys haven't played a match yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)