Project Iron Chef: Overused | Episode 11 (Coming 2019!)

lost v azogue, freeze on celes lost me the game but gg
def wasnt over, though you could have played it more agro as your team was extremely slow and you needed to make some doubles in order for me to not get the momentum by playing lineal (im talking before the freeze) oh and btw i was hp fire and u saw taunt, but a freeze always suck so yea gg out of respect hope to have a cleaner one next time

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
...Time's Up!

That concludes the challenging phase! Huge thanks to all the Iron Chefs for taking time out of their schedules to fit some battles in, and also to the participants for putting their battle skills to the test against them!

Up next is the Voting phase! Below, you'll find each contestant's team alongside the importable + description. Your task is to vote for the one or two teams that you think best fits these three categories, as found in the OP:

CREATIVITY: Is your finished dish a delight never before tasted by our judges, or is it the same standard fare? Your goal is not to merely reheat an existing team, but to break boundaries and challenge standards. A team that was copied from an RMT or tournament with a few minor changes should score poorly here, while a team full of new ideas could bring home as many as five points.

ESSENCE / ELEVATION: How well does your team use this round's theme? Is it merely tacked on to satisfy the tournament's requirements, or is it a fundamental part of how the team works? A team that barely uses the round's theme could end up with nothing here, while a team that not only uses the theme but redefines might win it all.

EFFECTIVENESS: And now we're down to the real meat of the dish. How good is the team? This category is worth twice as much as the other two, because in the end, it doesn't matter how original your dish is - if it doesn't taste good, then people won't eat it. A team that will struggle to succeed in the current metagame, even against mediocre teams, might receive a zero here. On the other hand, show the judges how great your team is, and you could take home a full ten points.

Remember that now, an explanation isn't necessary, but still highly encouraged. Please vote for the best team in each category. Anyone (Iron Chefs, community, and contestants) can vote; this phase will be up for 3-4 days!

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Surf

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Kabutops @ Rockium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Ferrothorn @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed

This team was a team that I built to make use of Sub SD Heracross' breaking potential against many prominent rain checks like Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, and Tapu Bulu and also beat Toxapex 1v1. Pelipper was an obvious pick because it set up rain, and because running Mega Heracross forces no Swampert, Damp Rock Pelipper is mandatory. Ash-Greninja is also extremely nice as Water Move in rain makes it extremely easy to clean and has Surf instead of Ice Beam or Spikes as you rarely ever click Spikes with Ash-Greninja on rain offene, with ways to pressure its switchins, and as this team has obvious ways to pressure its switchins and water move in Rain does a lot of damage, even if it is resisted, so Ice Beam is not necessary. Ferrothorn is mainly used to check Waters, Psychics, and Electrics and get hazards up. Kabutops is not something that you see every day, but was used as a second rain abuser, a second component of priority spam and an additional way to beat common water resists and is very nice when Swampert is not allowed. Zygarde is basically the finish to the team as it is another breaker and a Volt Immunity and also finishes off the PrioSpam aspect to this team to beat sweepers like Charizard Mega X at +2, Volcarona at +2, and Hawlucha. With that said, the team has ways to pressure offensively and defensively oriented teams with packing triple priority and Swift Swim combined with two solid breakers in Heracross and Zygarde, and pressures common rain checks. It is slightly weak to Tornadus-T, though, with Kabutops being the flying resist.

Please let me know if there are any issues, but I hope you enjoy:]

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 40 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

The dark horse I chose to build around was Mega Gallade, which is a phenomenal and underrated balance breaker with swords dance and access to knock off so that it can pressure psychic types like Mew and be a spammable move in general. Tapu Lele is an excellent partner because it provides psychic terrain support, boosting gallade's zen headbutt to monstrous levels, even able to 2hko clefable, and ohko it at +2 if not unaware, as well as protecting against priority. CM Lele helps out the team with the stall matchup which Gallade struggles against, destroying any non jirachi stall. Celesteela, Clefable, and Gastrodon is an excellent defensive core covering a large portion of the metagame. This core can take attacks from pokemon that threaten Gallade like Pinsir, Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Greninja, etc. Finally, scarf Landorus provides defog, speed control, an additional electric and ground immunity to take pressure off of Celesteela and Gastrodon, as well as Clefable with intimidate. This can revenge kill threats against Gallade and Lele as well. This team has worked well in testing on high ladder, while still weak to Jirachi stall and certain HO teams, however, Gallade+Lele is a monstrous core that has put in tons of work:].

Yo Indigo! Here's my team for Iron Chef, I tried to go for a few crazier things, like Mega-Ampharos or Mega-Absol, but I instead settled on a team I think is actually half decent.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog

Slowbro was my favourite Pokemon to use in the ORAS metagame when I really didn't know what I was doing, but torturing the low ladder using Calm Mind with my friends was great, so I decided to use Mega-Slowbro, now I am a total tryhard player and the base form is sitting in NU, I also didn't want to pick anything BL as that would be too easy. I added Tangrowth to form a Regenerator core which allows Slowbro to repeatedly act as a defensive pivot midgame as well as a setup sweeper late game, once Regenerator is not needed; Tangrowth also checks Ash-Greninja and Tapu Koko which are huge threats to Slowbro. I went with DD Zygarde as an extra Electric check and fast setup sweeper, seeing as Tangrowth can deal with most Hidden Power Ice, and Slowbro can take most Knock Offs (both non-STAB of course). Heatran was added as my Rocks setter to remove Toxapex and also because I hate Landorus-T, in general just a cool balance breaker that can remove numerous troublesome Pokemon and provide me with a hard check to Fire STAB and a mon able to handle Toxic, which Slowbro hates. Celesteela forms a pseudo Celepex core with Slowbro and Tangrowth, who appreciates Heatrans presence and also provides Leech Seed which every team member thus far absolutely loves. Lastly I added Tapu Koko as my speed control, again because I hate Landorus, but also it packs a strong Flying-type attack, Defog and the surprise factor is exactly what was needed to round the team off.

Koko is my only Defog option, it is hugely susceptible to all hazards, and Toxic Spikes really annoys Tangrowth and Slowbro so hazards in general are a weakness, especially as people are willing to sacrifice there Toxapex to Heatran once they realise I dont have anything to absorb or easily remove them. Adding to this Toxic in general just really annoys this team and switching into my Steel-types to avoid it quickly becomes predictable. Defensive setup sweepers, like Calm Mind or Curse 6-0 this team if they are not dealt with quickly, seeing as I chose Stealth Rocks over Toxic on Heatran.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Belly Drum
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Will-O-Wisp

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

built around this dumb unset zard y (which is in bl so not ou right) that's supposed to break through pex/chansey. it misses out on lots of defensive utility bc no roost so i added a more solid grass resist, defogger, and lucha counter in zapdos (which i chose because it could reliably keep momentum vs steela like sure you can go zard y but that gets worn down by leech and stuff). bulu is a blanket check for random waters like keldeo and ashgren. cb ttar bops latis and stuff. superpower hits chansey, ttar (this is the cb tar switchin btw) and the rare reflect type lati. heatran is the mandatory steel bc it handles sg gear well with chople. put gren because i wanted something fast. u turn is used over spikes because ttar + zard y really appreciate having free switchins.

the team is really weak to kyub, heatran is the only thing it has resembling a defensive answer but that gets 2hkod in terrain. zard y is the only offensive check if they're slammer (which kills ttar). hazard setters that beat zap like rockium z lando are also really annoying because they can prevent zard from breaking pex and allow mons like bug buzz volc to potentially win

This weeks team is wild! I'll get the description later. Non-OU Mega is Sharpedo

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

So for this team, I saw that pairing electric attackers together had really good success last round. I started with a triple electric core of Magnezone, KyuB, and Tapu Koko, the latter of which have incredibly strong electric attacking under terrain and ice moves to deal with ground mons like Lando.

Magnezone pairs with Sharpedo much like it does with Pinsir, in order to remove pesky steel types that would otherwise wall Sharpedo. Lando and Ash Gren set hazards which help with wearing down opponents for Sharpedo. Kyu-B and Greninja serve as physical/special wallbreakers to further aid in the shark's sweep.
While I think that this team is pretty well made for Sharpedo, and have type coverage to remove walls to it, I am mostly underwhelmed with Sharpedo's sweeping ability. It definitely suffers from not having a water type coverage move boosted by strong jaw, and it is honestly super easy to wall it. Its definitely the weakest link, and much of the games it sweeps I probably could have won without it. Otherwise, I am super happy with the 5 mons I selected otherwise.

Uxie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Magic Coat
- Memento
- Trick Room
- U-turn

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Hello Indigo, I decided to use Offense Trick Room for this weeks episode centered around my non-OU Mega, Mega-Camerupt. Before I start describing the team, I would like to tell you that I got this idae from the OU Bazaar forum, I believe by the user Ske Mask the Slump God. All I did was make a couple tweaks to his teams, and hopefully they pay off. Its his team that inspired me to create this.

The backbone of this team is what pretty much you will see in OTR. Standard Uxie and Cresselia provide ground immunities and TR support. I decided to give Uxie U-turn to allow it provide chip before pivoting into the beatsticks of the team. Cresselia will usually provide healing wish support to push the team's longevity. Magearna is standard OTR and one of the best at it. Flash Cannon > Focus Blast because I hate missing lol. Mega Camerupt is one of the best megas in Trick Room (next would be Mega Mawile but its OU), as it provides potential wallbreaking that the team needs against Fire and Ground weak teams (Celesteela, Toxapex, Ferrothorn). HP Ice is used to lure in the common Landorus-T and Stealth Rocks as the 4th moveslot to provide chip that OTR can take advantage of. Initally the team had sitrus berry Belly drum Azu, but I believed that Choice Banded was better because it doesn't need to waste a turn of TR setting up, and it can punch holes through teams right off the bat. I chose Liquidation over Waterfall for the small extra damage output that could be the difference between a possible kill or not. Lastly, instead of the common physical breaker that is Alolan Marowak, with inspiration from Ske, Ursaring fits the team nicely and is very menacing in TR. Guts with Flame Orb punches through teams, and Facade gives Ursaring the devastating punch without little setup. Fire Punch is used to break Steel types that can become a nuisance if Mega Camerupt is killed early. Swords Dances give Ursasing the ability to nuke teams if played correctly under the time TR is up. As for weakness, Magic Coat from Uxie is the only way to deal with hazard, so the purpose of OTR is to kill as much as possible in little time. Its important to preserve the heavy hitters prior to setting up TR. The two most annoying mons that I find against this team (and other OTR teams) are Ash- Greninja and Mega Venusaur. Azu is pretty much the only switch in to Ash Gren, and Mega Venusauar can eat up the majority of movesets on this team, so its important to keep Ursaring and Mega Camerupt as healthy as possible.
I had to disqualify these two teams because the participants couldn't fit in a battle, but I'll showcase them because some people were asking:

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

Beedrill is a cool pokemon which can gain momentum, but its stopped by most steel types and also landorus-t. For this reason, I have a magnezone to trap steels and also helmet hp ice lando-t to chip opposing landorus-t. I also have kyurem-b so I can get free switchins from beedrill's u turn and it also benefits from magnezone trapping steels. Magnezone, landorus-t, and magearna all help to keep the volt turn going. Magearna also forms a defensive core with landorus-t. Last is latios for defog and scarfer. Can struggle with hazards since the only removal is a choice locked latios. Little weak to heatran since no switchins, this is offset by putting surf on latios. Only defensive core is lando-t + av magearna so offensive cores which overwhelm these 2 such as ash gren + tapu lele can be troublesome.

https://pokepast.es/84928bdb876fba54
so basically i just wanted to build around shift gear magearna, and i thought camerupt would be a great partner as it could take advantage of a lot of magearna checks such as av magearna. I decided that nature power camerupt would be really good to break pretty much every wall, so i put a koko and bulu which help with a defensive backbone, pivots, and speed. Not only this, but it also kind of mitigates the ground weakness because of bulu and the shuca berry on koko. i decided i need some more speed and defog, so scarf lando automatically came to mind as it also helped with the ground weakness. celesteela gave me a defensive steel which every team needs, a scizor counter and overall a blanket check to a lot of things. ash gren is a definite weakness and water types in general are super hard to deal with. also something like skarm/celesteela/zapdos + gastrodon is not easy to deal with at all. it is also hard to deal with fast offenses that can pressure me

Last edited:
It's sad not to see Mega Aerodactyl in any of the teams, but let's get down on business!

CREATIVITY: In a first view, I thought that hmsa2012 was the best in this category, but then I saw that 1_TrickPhony core of Mega Shark + Alolan Golem and it fits really well. The ability to trap and kill Heatran is very valuable to the team, and Alolan Golem do this job with ease. Really cool core.

ESSENCE / ELEVATION: Altervisi did a good job using the Regen core with Slowbro and Tangrowth. Outside of Zygarde and Koko, that team is FAT, and I like its face. FWG core, Regen core and SDF core, all in one team. Good job, man!

EFFECTIVENESS: Again, Altervisi have the best team among the others. It can easilly deal with a good portion of the meta, while keeping its charm and na underrated Mega. The only thing I would change in the team is a better defogger, because that team really needs a reliable one, but outside of that, its a good one. Again, great job!

def wasnt over, though you could have played it more agro as your team was extremely slow and you needed to make some doubles in order for me to not get the momentum by playing lineal (im talking before the freeze) oh and btw i was hp fire and u saw taunt, but a freeze always suck so yea gg out of respect hope to have a cleaner one next time
Yeah I mean I didn't auto win if you didn't freeze but I def saw a way to win

Creativity: gotta go with 1 trick phony, my nigga using the goat alolem, nothing more to say. gurpreet 100%, bd zard y heatah lmao (sorry phony just found out you're not using alolem :[)
Essence: id say hmsa's is pretty good for this one, the team struggles with some steels outside of it so camels really good for the team. changed my mind actually, vsos team utilises mega hera pretty well; it exploits all the grass types that annoy the fuck out of rain by setting up all over them w sub and sd
Effectiveness: mudd_skip for sure, gastrocele balance is so good rn from having built one and played with it a lot (im writing an rmt on it soon watch out for that bois).
cool lookin teams all round this week :]

Last edited:

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Tagging mellowyellowhd and OldAmberPlays

I REALLY hate to do this to you all, but I sold out and switched off from Alolan Golem, Indigo forgot to update my team. The team you all saw actually lost me like 200 elo and fell short for several reasons that I can't remember anymore, and as a result, I used the standard but different steel trapper and added Ash gren to my team to shore the heatran matchup.

Idea of the core still remains the same, with zone handling cele/scizor/ferro better imo, beating non-scarf kartana as well which could 6-0 my old team. I lose the heatran trapping, but hopefully the team doesn't show as too weak to tran with 2 ground attackers and Ash Gren.

That being said, I'm sure there was a way to make Mega Shark and Alo-Golem work, but in my limited time tinkering, I didn't find it (maybe it will end up being the "next best thing" in the future, though).

Creativity: hmsa2012 The only team without Landorus, Heatran or Ash-Greninja, sure it has Magearna, but that is OTR and its off set with Urasing, sweet.
Essence: mudd_skip This team in my opinion is one that is the most clearly built around the Mega, rather than a good team that has had to make space.
Effectiveness: 1_TrickPhony Gotta say Magnezone and Sharpedo is a cool core and works as a decent cleaner alongside the rest of the team breaking and removing resists.

Last edited:
Creativity: Vsomani Haven't seen Kabutops since pre-Mega Swampert days and Mega Heracross looks spicy in rain.
Essence: mudd_skip Overall solid team, Mega Gallade fits well with the team as a nice check to many of its teammates' counters.
Effectiveness: mudd_skip Nice balanced team

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
...Time's Up!

Sorry everyone, went on a trip so I had to leave this open for a day longer than usual. Community voting is now over; thanks to everyone who contributed! The esteemed Panel of Judges are finishing their critique of each contestant's dish to determine the Most Original, Most Essential, and Best-Tasting Dishes, alongside the Overall winner for this Episode.

Stay tuned in the next couple of days, when all the scores will be added up and the results will be announced!

Also, I’m proud to announce Snowy and UltraBallz as our two newest reputable Iron Chefs! Welcome to the crew, hope to you have you both for as long as possible :toast:

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CHAIRMAN!

The final scores have been calculated and one Chef has stood out from the rest. This Chef was able to build around its dark horse effectively, creating a solid offensive and defensive backbone. Without further ado, I'm proud to announce the fifth ever winner of Iron Chef | Overused as...

Chef mudd_skip !
I accidently deleted this post lol but chef mudd_skip was able to capture his first title with a comfortable cumulative weighted score of 68%.

The votes for community voting were also counted, and the winner of each dish is presented below:

Most Original Dish: hmsa2012
Most Essential Dish: mudd_skip
Best-Tasting Dish: mudd_skip

Thanks to everyone who participated and made the fifth Episode a great success! The sixth secret ingredient will be revealed momentarily...

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
Please make sure you read the rules above in their entirety. Failure to comply with and/or follow the rules can disqualify you from participating for that episode. I will enforce this very strictly!

You do not have to post "in" to participate!

And now, for the sixth Secret Ingredient of the show...

Narcissism

Setup sweepers are crucial to take into account in both building and battling. In simply one turn, a well-timed boost can turn the tide of a battle in the opposite favor. For this round, participants will be required to build a team containing at least two setup sweepers. In order to be valid, the two qualifying Pokemon must contain moves that boost its own stats. Some commonly seen examples are Calm Mind and Dragon Dance, but any stat-boosting moves are valid.

The teambuilding part of this Episode will go on until Tuesday, May 15 @ 11:59 PM EST GMT EST. Participants must PM the team to me, the Chairman, otherwise they will not be accepted. The team must also include a description up to standard with the rules or else it will not be accepted. Do not post your team in the thread!

After the teambuilding phase, participants with approved teams will be mentioned in the thread and will be able to challenge the Iron Chefs.

Allez, cuisine!

Does this include Z-Moves with a boosting effect? Like Z-Celebrate, Z-Snatch or Clangorous Soulblaze?

Actually or even non-Z-Moves like Power Up Punch?

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
...Time's up!

Tagging the chefs with approved teams below:

1_TrickPhony
stuuful12
Ske Mask The Slump God
mudd_skip
vso

Please keep in mind that most Iron Chefs have busy schedules and have willingly volunteered to help out by participating, so try your hardest to schedule around their availability. For reference, I have listed each of their time zones in the OP. You can only challenge each Iron Chef once per episode, and you don't have to challenge all of them if you don't feel the need to.

The easiest way to schedule is usually by checking Discord, where the Iron Chefs will post that they are online!

The deadline for the challenging phase will be approximately Monday, May 21 @ 12 AM EST GMT -5. Remember that every game, whether it's a win or loss, increases your overall score. Good luck to all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)