Is it ok for men to shave their legs?

Same question as title.

• Yes! I consistently shave my legs.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • I do shave my legs but I don’t shave them completely I just trim it a bit.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Ewwww no.

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • I’m a girl but I like men who shave their legs.

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I’m a girl but I like men who trim their legs just a little bit.

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I’m a girl but I prefer my men to have hairy legs.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • I don’t shave my legs but I think that it’s ok for other men to do it.

Votes: 99 56.6%

• Total voters
I’ve done it like 2-3 times but I both like it and don’t. I do like some smooth legs in jeans and just the feeling of it but I always feel awkward around other kids in school like a sense of paranoia that everyone is looking at me. I do know that it’s completely natural for competitive bikers and swimmers to shave their legs to increase traction within the force of the wind or water while doing these sports. So for the average male, is it ok for them to shave their legs and if we want to go even further with this, any part of their body? I’d like some of your opinions on this matter along with votes in the poll.

why would it be bad other than cuz of gender stereotypes? do what ya want and be happy how YOU want. personally I don't shave my legs (the hair makes me feel confident) but I don't care at all if other guys do it

Raidx

Banned deucer.
There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to this; if you don't want leg hair then shave it. It's like asking if it's okay for men to have piercings the way i see it. A man can do whatever he pleases w his body, i see nothing wrong w it, it's literally just hair

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Ewwww a man shaving his legs? If you’re gonna shave your legs you may as well just go on HRT and be a girl already.

If there we're an option for apathy. I'd pick that. I don't care to shave my legs myself. I'm a bit of a lazy sod. I barely work up the nerve to shave my beard. Only if it gets scraggly and itchy.

I did it once, I liked it and it felt pretty good and smooth. The only thing is I gave myself these HUGE scars from shaving the wrong way and accidently cutting myself. Also it took like an hour and I was covered in shaving cream

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I have a lot of leg hair and one of my friends who have similar amounts of leg hair once got convinced by his girlfriend at the time to shave his. He said that the process of it then growing back out was awful, really prickly and his legs constantly chafed against each other while sleeping and making it even worse. That on top of the fact that I'm not bothered by it is why I haven't tried it myself.

I honestly think no one will notice if you do shave them, I know plenty of guys that have very little body hair in general in the first place so you wouldn't really be able to tell if they shaved or not. The poll is pretty poorly made as well, I'm fine with whoever doing what they want with their legs but I'm not one to shave my own.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I try not to shave unless my hair gets way to long, annoyingly itchy and generally all around really uncomfortable. Trouble is I then have short hair that pricks me so that sucks. You're better off waiting to find a girl who prefers their boys with shaved skin so that they can help you do it right. :)

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i dont even shave my chest, but i would judge hard at anyone that gave any person crap for wanting to shave their legs

Do what makes you happy bb

Guys do it all the time for swimming. TBH tho shaving = BIG waste when you could just Nair it off (usable in the bikini area too) and enjoy a week of extremely smooth, hair-free legs that stays smooth and doesn't grow back all irritated or ingrown lol.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is there not an option in the poll for "i don't but yes it's ok"? You're assuming that only men who shave their legs approve of it. I know it's basically required for male swimmers to shave most of their body hair, and ffs if you want smooth legs go ahead and shave em.

As long as you're not putting pineapple on pizza, you're good to go.

Call of Winter

Banned deucer.
I have never understood why the emasculation of men who shave their legs still persists even today. Let them do what they want with their body. They're not hurting themselves and they're not hurting you.
Also I agree with Water Bomb, there should be a poll option for "I don't do it but I don't see an issue."

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Having to shave part of my legs when I got surgery made me realize what a horrible pain it is for women to do that shit all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)