Gen 7 Is this team good? (It’s an RU team but I use it for ubers)

:sm/swellow:
Bellow (Swellow) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Air Slash

I use this dude for boomburst sweep but also a heat wave for steel counter, u turn for switch, and air slash for flinch. Choice specs is to maximise the already crazy damage of boomburst, u turn is also good against psychic, and air slash is a good fighting counter, and it’s just annoying overall.

:sm/sceptile-mega:
Sepia (Sceptile-Mega) (F) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grassy Terrain
- Energy Ball
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse

A grass mega with stab moves and a support move. Sceptile is actually my favourite grass starter final evolution, it’s a good special sweeper overall and if you max out it’s speed it can go up to around 417! If I’m up against a dragon type I don’t mega evolve and dragon pulse, it fears ice types as ice is 4X super effective.

:sm/machamp:
Big Mac (Machamp) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- Cross Chop
- Protect

Protect first turn to activate burn effect, boosts attack with guts, then facade, cross chop and fire punch are coverage for rock and steel. It can easily be countered if you use psychic and ghost as psychic is super effective against fighting, and ghost can’t be hurt by facade and cross chop.

:sm/salazzle:
Salazzle (F) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Another special sweeper, more of an annoyance to the enemy actually, and cannot be encored which is really good. I chose poisonium Z as fairy types could be a problem. I chose sludge bomb over sludge wave as sludge bomb has a higher chance to poison.

:sm/galvantula:
Gag (Galvantula) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

A set up for sticky web and also a good psychic counter. Thunder wave is to make enemies even slower. Volt switch is also for switching, nothing much to say about galvantula, it’s just a setup.

:sm/cloyster:
Clomp (Cloyster) @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast

The ultimate sweeper, great defense and a good shell smasher. It also already has amazing attack and with icicle spear and skill link, it is almost unbeatable. it’s got rock blast for coverage against other types. And rapid spin to get rid of stealth rock spikes etc. I also use white herb to get rid of the drastic defense drop from shell smash, only weakness to this strat is sticky web and stat lowering moves.

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
TBH This team is pretty interesting! Of course you picked Cloy, the only RU pokemon that is even used in OU, but I think you should have some answer to Pdon. Therefore I recommend switching Fire Punch for Earthquake on Machamp. Also I don't know which one (I don't do RU), but add a nice specially bulky steel type so you don't insta-die to GeoXern.

One thing though, Shadow Peashooter > Grimrose 100% :DDD

Thanks! My team is really struggling against steel and I need a good damaging move, thanks for the tip!
And I changed fire punch to Equake and salazzle for metagross with bullet punch, meteor mash, equake and zen headbutt, it also has a psychinium Z.
bombard-mint > shadow pea shooter

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)