Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 140 Def / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Superpower
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch

I’ve been bouncing around all over the lower half of the ladder with this extremely fun team. It’s not necessarily the best team, but I find it extremely fun to use. It’s like an intellectual exercise every time you load into a match, figuring out what you can probably beat each round.

Allqua (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
“Imagine using a worse mimikyu” -someone in the OU room
this team started as a meme with my friends and has developed into something I’ve been really enjoying using. Shedinja genuinely checks a lot of the tiers threats and popular physical megas ie Medicham, Lopunny, and Swampert, and can sit in front of and set up on most Toxapex, Magearna, Keldeo, Mew and Protean Greninja, and other bulky stall members lacking toxic which are less present in OU such as Slowbro and Quagsire. Shedinja can also easily revenge kill blacephalon and Gengar. It serves a very similar role to a traditional mimikyu as a late game sweeper but with very much more defined checks and counters.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
Diancie is actually such a good mon. So many teams aren’t prepared for Diancie and it just kind of shreds through a lot of teams. Diancie breaks walls like Zapdos/Chansey and also serves as a good Tornadus switch.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
Get in the zone. Magnezone.
Bulky steels are a huge problem for this team. Magnezone traps and kills Ferrothorn and Celesteela. I run specs for some good power. I find it’s more important than scarf because Shedinja can serve as a surprisingly good form of speed control between the fact that it can switch in on a lot of scarf mons and that’s priority it packs.

Zapdos @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Defog
Without Zapdos I get 6-0d by hawlucha.
This Zapdos set serves as a jack of all trades. I found that discharge was rarely the right play so I swapped it out for HP Ice. This is a good fit for the team. It gives me additional hazard control and good super effective coverage wherever I need it.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
These last two mons are the most recent additions to the team. Tentacruel used to be an excadrill. I found excadrill didn’t have the utility I needed, so I replaced it with another spinner that formed a better defensive core with Zapdos. Toxic spikes are cool too, and with Diancie I will sometimes be able to set my opponents rocks anyway. The hazard control on this team may seem excessive but it is absolutely necessary to keep the field clear for shedinja.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 140 Def / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Superpower
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch
So I’ll admit this is probably out of place on this team. I absolutely needed a physical attacker who could break Tyranitar and Chansey, and ice coverage for Landorus. It’s not the most ideal scenario, and I’m definitely looking for a different mon to put here. EV spread gives me a little bit of special bulk, and maximizes my physical bulk while still giving me attack rises.

This team does get bodied by sand. If buzzwole goes down then I pretty much lose.

Z-Fly Landorus theoretically does very well against this team. I say theoretically because I’ve yet to encounter it in a tournament or on ladder.

I believe M-Diancie would be annoying against this team. I don’t encounter it frequently enough to have a real opinion.

Please give me feedback. I want to keep shedinja on this team and I understand the team would probably be better if I replaced it with someone else, but the concept of this team is to build the most refined shedinja team the world has seen.

thank you for coming to my ted talk

Shedinja should minimize its Defense and Special Defense by running no EVs or IVs and using a hindering nature. This has no negative impact on Shedinja itself, and it makes the Ditto matchup better, so there's really no reason not to minimize the defenses.

I would also run an Attack boosting nature instead of a Speed boosting one, as Speed over Attack only lets you outrun four extra mons: uninvested neutral natured Magearna, who needs HP Fire to touch you; univested neutral natured Tapu Bulu, who needs a Rock move to touch you; uninvested neutral natured Mega Scizor, who needs Knock Off to touch you; and fully invested neutral natured Alolan Marowak. Outside of those four specific matchups, the extra speed is irrelevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)