SS LC @ita siete dei caramba

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello everyone!
as the rufflet suspect came out I tried to ladder a bit with standard teams, but I found some difficulties because of some rough matchups and my lazyness which doesn't let me focus on a match for more than 5 minutes. so I decided to build a fast team which could let me play my games a bit faster than usual, no matter if I could lose some games because it would've been easier to get reqs in 50 games if it only took 1/2 hours instead of playing less game but in more time.
so I copied a playstyle I found really funny in OU, screens HO. although there aren't any prankster mon with screens in LC, I found Natu incredibly useful in this playstyle. then I just went with some sweepers who had sinergy and other mons that could help the sweep.
TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

as I said, I started from Natu. I choosed it over some other mon because Magic Bounce and Teleport are really useful as they give Natu the capacity to setup screens and pivot out with freedom.

then I added the attacking core, which was composed by Vullaby+Scraggy+Zigzagoon as they shared some check/counters. after some testings on the ladder I found some problems dealing with fighting and water types, so I changed Zigzagoon with Croagunk and the team actually worked much better.

to finish the team I added Onix as a suicide lead and Diglett, which helped me to take off some weakened mon who could cause troubles to the team and it fits really well in the team.
THE TEAM
@ Light Clay - Magic Bounce
116 HP / 76 Def / 36 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe - Timid Nature
Light Screen - Reflect - Teleport - Dazzling Gleam
this guy is the most important member of the team. I usually don't send it too early on the game as I prefer to scout a bit how my opponent plays with his mons. full evs in speed let it reach 17 speed which is really important since this mean I can setup screens on almost every non scarfed mon in the tier. the rest were given to increase the bulk and the special attack. didn't run too much calcs so I don't know if this spread maximizes the bulk. Teleport is also really important and useful, with -6 priority gives natu the opportunity to get off the field and let one of vulla/scraggy/gunk to setup. the last move is Dazzling Gleam, which gives me a way to hit vullaby and fighting types. I also tried other moves such as U-Turn or Roost, but they weren't effective as dgleam. also remember that if someone tries to defog the screens with vullaby or timburr magic bounce avoids that the screens get removed.

@ Berry Juice - Dry Skin
52 HP / 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe - Timid Nature
Nasty Plot - Sludge Bomb - Focus Blast - Vacuum Wave​

nothing much to say on it as this is a standard set. gunk is the fight and water check of the team which is crucial since I would be destroyed otherwise. focus blast at +2 hits incredibly hard the likes of mudbray and trapinch, and it can take advantage of things like Iron Defense Mareanie (which hard counters scraggy) to setup with freedom. try to chip diglett before setting up because otherwise you just get rkilled. 15 speed is in order to outspeed the standard vullaby set I found.

@ Berry Juice - Weak Armor
116 HP / 236 SpA / 116 Spe - Modest Nature
Nasty Plot - Heat Wave - Dark Pulse - Air Slash​

standard NP vulla as well. full spa and 14 speed with screens make it a monster and it won me many games even without the screens, which is really nice. usually if the opponent has a spritzee I send it very soon so I can weaken it and sweep with scraggy later. pay always attention on how many priorities the opponent has, as usually with some good play between knock off and the priorities vulla can be taken out without breaking too much on the opposite team. also avoid to waste the juice without having the chance to setup, unless you really have to, because that can really change the game.

@ Eviolite - Moxie
36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe - Jolly Nature
Dragon Dance - High Jump Kick - Drain Punch - Knock Off​

underrated af mon. he's incredibly bulky on its own, the screens make it even better and moxie make it an incredible threat after 1 dd. some battles shed skin would've been more useful because of scalds burn, but if played well it's insane. as specified in the vulla part, try to weaken spritzee before setting up as it cant really hit hard fairy types unless you do some damage before and, if you can, remove the eviolite. also pay attention to oddish, try to weaken it as well before trying to sweep. usually knocking off the eviolite and trying to trap it with diglett can work, the only problem is the annoying sleep powder. zen headbutt can be used to hit mareanie and oddish, but I liked more drain punch. Poison Jab is also a choice if you want to catch fairy types.

@ Berry Juice - Sturdy
236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe - Jolly Nature
Taunt - Stealth Rock - Explosion - Earthquake​

standard sturdy juice onix. I dropped the rock stab for Taunt because I don't have hazard removal so having a way to prevent rocks/spikes is nice, and it also avoid to let the opponent setup with the likes of shellder/bu rufflet/dwebble and some other mons. explosion puts timburr in diglett's range, and I found myself many times in the situation where the opponent leads timburr, does knock off and then takes the explosion trying to defog. nothing much to add, trying to not sac onix if the opponent as a rufflet because the team doesn't really have a way to deal with it unless brave bird misses or having the screens up.

@ Life Orb - Arena Trap
36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe - Jolly Nature
Earthquake - Sucker Punch - Rock Slide - Substitute​

last but not least, diglett. he usually revenge kills the mon who took the onix's explosion, but it also tries to trap mareanie in order to let scraggy sweep with ease. if the opponent has a ponyta-galar try to keep him until you can take it out, otherwise you can get 6-0ed by it. memento can be run over substitute as a secondary way to setup, I had subsitute for pawn back when I had zigzagoon on the team and never changed, memento can definitely be an option.

CONCLUSION

this team is incredibly fun to use and somehow works incredibly well I went 29-1 in suspect with it. there are still some threats but can be played around, such as spritzee, timburr+diglett, wingull, rufflett is also incredibly problematic if you don't have screens up. vullaby also can create problems but they usually send it on natu so I just chip it with dgleam. that's all, that's all, I hope you appreciated!!

Natu @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 36 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Teleport
- Dazzling Gleam

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Vullaby (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 236 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Rock Slide

L'ho trovato un posto appizzato proprio prima che finisse il fiato e io non ho mai cantato e non canto sei tu che te la canti co quei stronzi degli agenti carogna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)