Itemized {Slate 10 Voting!! - Milotic, Snorlax, Skarmory Lines}

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Power Shell: When this item is held by Shellder or Cloyster, when the holder's stats are lowered, they are instead raised. This item is consumed after this effect occurs. (this would mean that Shell Smash would bestow +2 Atk, SpA, and Spe while also giving +1 in both defenses)

Flawless Scarf: When this item is held by Cincinno or Mincinno, the holder's speed and attack are boosted by 1.5 but the holder is locked into one move.

Iron Grips: When this item is held by Aipom or Ambipom, the holder's contact moves trap the opponent and deal 1.2x damage.

Room for comments:
Fancy Glove: If the holder is an Aipom or Ampibom, it's contact moves do 1.2x damage.
I don't think a slightly weaker Life Orb without recoil is going to make a Pokemon that sucks in NU into a usable OU pokemon

Grand Diamond Pearl: When this item is held by Shellder or Cloyster, the holder takes half damage from Fighting, Fire, Rock, and Steel type attacks and attacking Pokemon who make contact with the holder have their Attack lowered by 1 stage.

Luxurious Oil Boots: When this item is held by Minccino or Cinccino, the holder has 1.5x Speed and takes 0.5x damage from contact attacks.

Giga Gauntlets: When this item is held by Aipom or Ambipom, the holder's contact moves do 1.5x damage and have an added 50% chance to lower the target's Defense by 1 stage.

Caltrop Shell: Pokemon making physical contact with this pokemon loose 1/8 HP and are unable to switch out for 2 turns.

Natural Oil: Doubles defense and prevents this pokemon from being statused.

Tactical Nut: Moves that usually hit once hit 3 time at 1/3 the power.

Cloyster: Yung Dramps, Brodaha, leonard (from big bang theory)
Ampibom: Leonard (from big bang theory), Origin0, Speny
Cincinno: Yung Dramps, Brodaha, Origin0

Cloyster: Yung Dramps, leonard (from big bang theory), Speny
Cincinno: Brodaha, leonard (from big bang theory), Origin0
Ambipom: Yung Dramps, Origin0, leonard (from big bang theory)

Voting will close Thursday, so it would be great if we could get a couple more votes in before then. It would also be great if I could get some more input on the topic of non-Cover UBs so we don't have to go into a discussion phase after voting to try and make sure it isn't just council members that have input.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I'll try to get my votes asap tomorrow.

On the topic of UBs, I must say that I am perfectly fine with making items for them, even though I kinda think that making items for Phero ans Naganadel would be pretty counterproductive.

On the topic of UBs, I must say that I am perfectly fine with making items for them, even though I kinda think that making items for Phero ans Naganadel would be pretty counterproductive.
Should have been more clear about that. We would be making items for all OU and below Ultra Beasts, not the ones in Ubers - no point in making items for Ubers Pokemon when the Pet Mod is OU-based

Alright, I'd hoped we would get more votes, but since it has been a while, I am closing voting. Sorry Gravity Monkey for not waiting for your votes, but I think it is time to move on from this voting phase.
Here are my votes:

Cloyster: Yung Dramps, Speny, Origin0
Cincinno: Origin0, Brodaha, Yung Dramps
Ambipom: leonard (from big bang theory), Speny, Origin0

That means the winners for this slate are Yung Dramps for the Cloyster Line, Brodaha for the Cincinno Line, and leonard (from big bang theory) for the Ambipom Line.

The community and the council all agree that UBs (exculding the two in Ubers) should get items, so I figured we would do three of them now:
Worst Ultra Beasts
These three Ultra Beasts haven't been doing so well. Let's give them a boost.
Stakataka

Guzzlord

Nihilego

Some Notes:​
  • With your items, focus on fixing the aspects of these Ultra Beasts that are holding them back. For example, Stakataka's horrible typing and therefore defensive capabilities.
  • I will be releasing a spreadsheet of our current items in the coming days
  • It would be great if at least everyone who submits could vote. Thanks :)
Submissions will end Thursday July 26th at 10-11PM EST

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
image.jpg

Floating Bricks: This Pokemon levitates.

image.jpg

Void Dentures: All this Pokemon's attacks heal for 3/4 of damage dealt.

image.jpg

Earth's Eye: This Pokemon's strongest Non-STAB move is turned into a ground move and gets 1.5x BP.

Reassembly Blueprint: When held by Stakataka, the holder takes 25% less damage from super effective attacks and recovers 1/8th of its max hitpoints at the end of each turn it is out.

Glutton's Vambraces: When held by Guzzlord, the holder's contact moves deal 30% more damage and the opponent becomes trapped for the next turn if it makes contact with the holder.

Symbiotic Bud: When held by Nihilego, the holder's non-HP stats are all increased by 20%.

Ultra space minral-
Flavor:a strange and hard minral fond in Ultra space, that's very resisted to being broken and can be put back together very easly
Effect:if holder is stakataka:it's will make it take half the damge from ground and fighting type moves,Boost its Def by 30% and let's it restore 1/16 of it health every turn.
Ultra space fruit-
Flavor:A strange and massive fruit fond in ultra space, it can regrow itself while being eaten,
Effect:if the holder is guzzlord:it will Power up its contect moves by 40% and make it heal an 1/6 of the damge dealt.
Ultra space
Ultra space crystle-
Flavor: a strange and shiny crystle fond in ultra space,once it creates a reflaction on it the reflaction will not go a way for hours even if the thing it was reflacting is gone.
Effect:if holder is nihilego:its Speed,SpD and SpA are 30% stronger.
Edit:i buffed stakataka's and guzzlord's items.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Giga-Berry Stack: If this pokemon health is equal or below its 1/2, this pokemon is healed by 1/4th. This item can be consumed up to three times before disappearing.

image (1).jpg

Blueprints: If the holder is a Stakataka, regenerate 50% of health upon KOing an opponent.
image (2).jpg

Ethereal Fangs: If the holder is a Guzzlord, it's moves ignore opponents positive defensive boosts and this Pokemon's negative offensive drops. (Crit without 1.5x boost)
image (3).jpg

Umbrella: If the holder is a Nihilego, it is immune to water attacks at all times and takes 0.75x damage from all attacks under rain.

A recent pet mod, huh. I'ma dip my hand in this.

Foundation: All "Room" effects are extended from 5 turns to 8 turns.

Protective Shell: When this item is held, Defense and Sp. Def is multiplied by 1.5x but the holder cannot use stat-raising moves.

Fluid Container: When this item is held, Atk and Sp. Atk is switched.

Stakataka: Shoopz_Whisper, Brodaha, Origin0
Guzzlord: Yung Dramps, Gravity Monkey, Origin0
Nihilego: Brodaha, Shoopz_Whisper, Origin0

@below No worries :)

Last edited:
Stakataka: Brodaha, Origin0, Shoopz_Whisper
Guzzlord: Yung Dramps, Origin0, Shoopz_Whisper
Nihilego: Brodaha, Origin0, Shoopz_Whisper

Origin0, I swear I wasn't trying to praise you for voting for me or anything. Just had some of the better concepts.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stakataka: Yung Dramps, Shoopz_Whisper, Brodaha
Guzzlord: Shoopz_Whisper, Yung Dramps, Hason2003
Nihilego: Brodaha, Shoopz_Whisper, Yung Dramps

Oh noes is right

Sorry to everyone who's still interested in this that I allowed it to die, and thanks to Yung Dramps for reviving it. I'll make sure not to let that happen again. So, without further ado, here is our next slate:

Trapping
The final evolutions of these lines are powerful OU trappers
Scizor Line, Weavile Line, Magnezone Line

Remember to take the tier of the Pokemon into account! Also, Scizor would be forgoing its incredible mega evolution for this item, so it needs to be worth it!

Submissions will end Monday the 10th

Also, I finished the spreadsheet of all the items I said I would make a month ago (my bad) and am putting it in the "Resources" Post

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)

Technical Scythe: Boosts the power of the holder's moves with 60 BP or less by 50%. (stacks simultaneously with Technician)

Honed Claw: Boosts the holder's Speed, Attack, and Accuracy by 1.1x.

Electromagnet: When the holder switches in, the opponent's item is removed if it is a Steel-type. (sorry Shed Shell)

Last edited:

Electromagnet: When the holder switches in, the opponent's item is removed. (sorry Shed Shell)
I really like your other ideas, but I'm not so sure about this one. This item would have a dramatic effect on a Pet Mod that relies on items to alter the metagame. I feel like an item removal item could work, but one that activates on the switch could easily neutralize items even more than Knock Off already does and would make Magnezone almost irreplaceable on most teams

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
I really like your other ideas, but I'm not so sure about this one. This item would have a dramatic effect on a Pet Mod that relies on items to alter the metagame. I feel like an item removal item could work, but one that activates on the switch could easily neutralize items even more than Knock Off already does and would make Magnezone almost irreplaceable on most teams
Edited it to better fit Magnezone's role

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)