XY OU It's back.... (Wobboffense team)

So I feel that after using this team several times and having a bit of fair success with it, I feel like I should give it an RMT.

But what's back?

It's not Genesect....

It's not Great Sage....

It is.....

THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS Wobbuffet @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

The basis of this team, Wobbuffet provides useful team support by trapping stuff like Excadrill, Medicham, Conkeldurr (which would be annoying for this team if it were not for yours truly), and more, while providing safe set-up opportunities with Encore and Safeguard. Essentially, Wobbuffet is my equalizer against offensive teams, and brings some of the most threatening Pokemon to their knees.
Counter and Mirror Coat are there so Wobb can actually do it job in trapping, revenge killing, or weaknening things. The fact that people try to KO it with a Knock Off or Pursuit trap it when it is not at like, 20% health is also cool, since Counter usually KOs right back. Wobb has consistently proven to be a centerpiece of this team that pulls it together and prevents things like Excadrill and Conkeldurr from being pains in the neck for this team.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric is here to make sure my team is not steamrolled over by Thundurus and Pinsir, as well as providing a useful pivot into Gyarados. Volt Switch is a pivot move, and allows a Pokemon to come in safely, and Thunderbolt is a stronger STAB. Flamethrower allows me to roast Ferrothorn, and Hidden Power Ice allows Mega Man to hit Latios, Garchomp, and Thundurus, among other things. While it is a bit weak, it does to clean late game if Keldeo cannot, because it has really good speed and has really good coverage, but its ability to handle Thundurus and Pinsir is more important, despite how useful it is as a cleaner.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

We all know what Azumarill does. Do I really need to explain why I chose this, unfortunately I have to. Azumarill gives me a check to Zards, Greninja, and Keldeo, even if it is not a 100% safe check. It is also really annoying for most offensive teams to deal with, and the fact that Thundurus cannot KO it at full HP and gets nuked back just shows how good this thing is. Movepool is standard, STABs + Priority + Knock Off for removing Leftovers and Life Orbs because it can, which comes very handy. Azumarill is pretty much undisputed on almost every offensive team because of how well it handles Greninja and Keldeo, and this team is no different.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Ah, where would a team be without Stealth Rock. Terrakion is this team's Stealth Rock lead, though I usually try to preserve it once it has used up its Sash for later purposes, like to sac it in later parts of the match, or to use Healing Wish and bring this thing back up For some reasons, people play Mew as a lead a lot, and Terrakion usually stops it right in their tracks. Stone Edge + Close Combat are STABs, we all know that... but usually its STABs come in handy later in the game, when I can just Healing Wish if I need it to hit something with its STABs. But really, Terrakion is more of a Stealth Rock lead, but its access to Taunt is much more useful than Garchomp, who is complete Mew fodder, and loses to Zapdos, a rare but can be annoying for this team. Overall, Terrakion is mostly a lead, but it does come handy later in the game if it survives long enough.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Latias supports this team by giving it Defog + Healing Wish support while providing some sense of offensive presence, despite not having a lot of bite, though my team hardly has enThe EV spread in particular helps Latias survive a Knock Off from Landorus after Stealth Rock, since Landorus is annoying to switch into. Healing Wish also comes very handy for this team, as being able to revive a teammate has consistently saved me a lot of games. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are STABs, and Latias does come handy in forcing Venusaur out. The support Latias provides is more important than its offensive prowess, though. Healing Wish essentially is an undisputed necessity for this team because of how many times it has come through for me.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Ah yes, how could we forget Keldeo. It sets up over the bulky Water-types that normally check it (sans Slowbro), such as Suicune, Alomomola, (and lol Tentacruel but who uses that), all of which are complete fodder for Keldeo to to set up on. It also tends to sweep late game, though early game it will usually just Sub or Scald, or both. Sub Calm Mind Keldeo also gets a free Substitute on things like Mew and Bisharp, both of which find themselves in an uncomfortable position against Sub Calm Mind Keldeo. Scald's burn chance helps against some of the things that check Keldeo, such as Slowbro, Azumarill, Lati@s, etc. Secret Sword allows Keldeo to break past Suicune and Chansey (though Chansey will usually never stay in on it, it is usually Suicune that stays in on it), as well as being a secondary STAB. SubCM Keldeo consistently works for this team, and together with Wobbuffet, usually is very good at keeping pressure on the opponent throughout the match.

How successful have I been with this team?

I have laddered as high as 1600, though not as impressive if I went higher, which I aspire to.

Threatlist:

Clefable is a huge problem for this team, and Calm Mind sets just 6-0 it with little resistance. My team does not have the firepower or type advantage needed to break through it, and is essentially helpless against it. I ask that my issue with Clefable be the top priority when rating this team, because I do not want to have this thing consistently be a nuisance to this team.

While not as lethal as Clefable, Latios is still really annoying to play against, though I can play around it and wear it down

Venusaur can be played around, but it is still annoying to play against, especially since it walls half of my team. Handling Clefable is still top priority though, as being 6-0d by it is not something I want to consistently deal with.

Rotom-W just spreads burns all day while I cannot directly KO it, which is another big problem, even if it cannot 6-0 this team like Clefable can.

Overall, this team has been very consistent and fun to play with, shout-outs to Jukain, even if he left this team really Clefable weak by taking out Heatran without either of us noticing it. I ask that you guys give it a rate!

Changes currently pending:
Jirachi > Terrakion (suggested by The Bravest Bird)

Heatran > Terrakion (suggested by Eic00k)

Importable:
Wobbuffet @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
[/IMG]

Last edited:
You could give the Terrakion Iron Head to deal with Clefable. I'm not sure if it is a OHKO or not, but you have focus sash anyways to get a second hit in.

You could give the Terrakion Iron Head to deal with Clefable. I'm not sure if it is a OHKO or not, but you have focus sash anyways to get a second hit in.
Iron head is not really viable on lead terrakion. His moveset is fine. And no it is not an OHKO... It isn't even a 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 154-182 (39 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Spook Mane
Iron head is not really viable on lead terrakion. His moveset is fine. And no it is not an OHKO... It isn't even a 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 154-182 (39 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
There is also no space for Iron Head either.

True, it was just an idea since he needs a Clefable counter.
Maybe for a new Clefable counter, you should just get a Pseudo-Hazer? Maybe teach your Latias Roar, I would suggest getting rid of Defog for it since you don't want to get rid of your own Stealth Rock's. I think your Latias could survive a +1 or even +2 Calm Mind attack.

yo Alfalfa, nice team! it's pretty cool from the looks of it, and wobbuffet is a god

i think there's something you should try out, and that is this jirachi set over terrakion...

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Jolly | 252 HP / 32 Atk / 168 SpD / 56 Spe
Stealth Rock | Iron Head | U-turn | Zen Headbutt

this takes a different approach for your stealth rocker - instead of a lead you can go a more bulky setter that can pivot. this also beats clefable, latios, and mega venusaur, which is pretty nice. u-turn is also helpful to get wobbuffet in. overall something i think could work for this team :]

edit: zen headbutt is pretty cool for 2hkoing mhera, helps beat venu easier as well, and you can even try flinching rotom-w to death.

Hey there Alfalfa! Nice team, but I can see some changes being made, one change I can see is that you might should run something to counter clefable. Other than that, honestly nice team and I hope laddering goes well :)

True, it was just an idea since he needs a Clefable counter.
Maybe for a new Clefable counter, you should just get a Pseudo-Hazer? Maybe teach your Latias Roar, I would suggest getting rid of Defog for it since you don't want to get rid of your own Stealth Rock's. I think your Latias could survive a +1 or even +2 Calm Mind attack.
Defog is necessary to remove opponents hazards such as sr, spikes, toxic spikes, and sticky web

I would say to listen to TheBravestBird and switch that Terrakion for Jirachi. You will lose a rock-type attack but you will still have Stealth Rock to weaken the likes of Talonflame, and you still have Keldeo for a fighting-type attack.

Hello! Nice team you got there, Alfalfa. it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it.

I have a solution to your Clefable problem! Instead of lead Terrakion, run Air Balloon Heatran in its place.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp/Earth Power/Toxic/Flash Cannon

Originally I thought about fitting Choice Scarf Heatran somewhere on there, but I couldn't really find a mon to replace; this is the next best thing. 244 Speed EVs allows you to outspeed Adamant Excadrill, Jolly Heracross, and some variants of Mew (kinda copied this section from the Heatran Revamp). The rest is self explanatory, I guess. You can choose Fire Blast for power or Flamethrower for consistency; since you want to stop Clef, Fire Blast would probably be the better option. Taunt is to stop slower defoggers (if you even see them anymore), Mew, and a few other things. For the last slot, Will-O-Wisp is usually preferred to burn opposing (and common) SR leads; most would normally take a turn to break Tran's balloon so it would be a great opportunity to use it then. Then again you need CM Clef out of the way, so I suggest running Flash Cannon. It not only hits Fairies super effectively, but it allows you to hit most Dragon-types neutrally (an important one being Latios).

As for Rotom-W, it's countered by Latias. Physically defensive Rotom-W is 2HKO'd by Draco Meteor, even with the drop.

144 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 212-251 (69.7 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-2 144 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 107-126 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- 70.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Unless I've done my math wrong, you'll be 2HKOing it most of the time.

That's all I've got for now. Good luck with your team, Al!

yo Alfalfa, nice team! it's pretty cool from the looks of it, and wobbuffet is a god

i think there's something you should try out, and that is this jirachi set over terrakion...

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Jolly | 252 HP / 32 Atk / 168 SpD / 56 Spe
Stealth Rock | Iron Head | U-turn | Zen Headbutt

this takes a different approach for your stealth rocker - instead of a lead you can go a more bulky setter that can pivot. this also beats clefable, latios, and mega venusaur, which is pretty nice. u-turn is also helpful to get wobbuffet in. overall something i think could work for this team :]

edit: zen headbutt is pretty cool for 2hkoing mhera, helps beat venu easier as well, and you can even try flinching rotom-w to death.
That Jirachi set looks interesting, I will be sure to give it a try!

Hello! Nice team you got there, Alfalfa. it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it.

I have a solution to your Clefable problem! Instead of lead Terrakion, run Air Balloon Heatran in its place.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp/Earth Power/Toxic/Flash Cannon

Originally I thought about fitting Choice Scarf Heatran somewhere on there, but I couldn't really find a mon to replace; this is the next best thing. 244 Speed EVs allows you to outspeed Adamant Excadrill, Jolly Heracross, and some variants of Mew (kinda copied this section from the Heatran Revamp). The rest is self explanatory, I guess. You can choose Fire Blast for power or Flamethrower for consistency; since you want to stop Clef, Fire Blast would probably be the better option. Taunt is to stop slower defoggers (if you even see them anymore), Mew, and a few other things. For the last slot, Will-O-Wisp is usually preferred to burn opposing (and common) SR leads; most would normally take a turn to break Tran's balloon so it would be a great opportunity to use it then. Then again you need CM Clef out of the way, so I suggest running Flash Cannon. It not only hits Fairies super effectively, but it allows you to hit most Dragon-types neutrally (an important one being Latios).

As for Rotom-W, it's countered by Latias. Physically defensive Rotom-W is 2HKO'd by Draco Meteor, even with the drop.

144 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 212-251 (69.7 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-2 144 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 107-126 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- 70.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Unless I've done my math wrong, you'll be 2HKOing it most of the time.

That's all I've got for now. Good luck with your team, Al!
If Jirachi does not work, I will give Heatran a shot again. I originally had it, but someone told me to change it for a fast lead for quick momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)