Its GAMETIME 5th gen Standard Team

Hi my name is zapdos=god and i've been playing pokemon for about 3 years. I used to play 4th gen but until recently i decided to start playing 5th gen. I gotta admit this is a pretty fun generation with the metagame constantly changing

As you will see below i have included a standard team that i almost always use. Please rate and comment

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Levitate
252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
Moves:
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Hideen Power Ice
With great defensive typing and bulk, Bronzong is one of the best users of Stealth Rock in OU. With this set, it has the ability to wall some of the most prominent threats in OU, such as Landorus. Gyro Ball is Bronzong's STAB move of choice and, due to its abysmal Speed, will generally deal major damage to the opponent's Pokemon.
When using this set, a Sassy nature with the aforementioned defensive EVs allow Bronzong to be a sturdy mixed wall, while not reducing its offensive potential. The 84 Attack EVs allow Bronzong to hit a bit harder and a Sassy nature (and 2 Speed IVs) reduces its Speed, powering up Gyro Ball. Levitate is by far the best option, granting an immunity to Ground-type attacks that would otherwise prevent Bronzong from walling the Sandstorm teams like it's supposed to.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 204 SDef / 64 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Changed from the advice of Moo. This set is used mainly to take care of a mixed Tyranitar.It should also be noted that this variant of Breloom can set up on a multitude of common threats, such as Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Politoed, among others. Rotom-W, which usually causes most teams trouble, can't touch Breloom either, because its STABs are resisted and Will-O-Wisp won't have any effect if Toxic Orb has already activated.

Item:Life Orb

Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ntaure:Tmid
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
rapid spin

This guy is my spinner providing rapid spin to spin away rock. Thunderbolt for water types such as vapreon and skarmory. Ice Beam for dragons and breloom and finally hydro pump for powerfull stab. A timid nature is required to outspeed most threats such as lati twins. Generally speaking, Starmie can just bulldoze through most Ghost-types, with the possible exceptions of Jellicent and Eviolite Dusclops, but it is still threatened by Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Chandelure, who can be very troublesome if they predict a Rapid Spin and switch in, so you may want to include a Pursuit-user such as Tyranitar in order to deal with them. On the offensive side, Starmie is limited by the fact that it only has room for one coverage move, meaning that it will be left open to either bulky Grass- and Dragon-types, or bulky Water-types.
Item Choice Band

Victory Star
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
V create
Fusion Bolt
Zen Headbutt
U-turn
This guy is my main hit and run sweeper. U-turn for switch advantage and to get quick damage. A physically based Victini is built to be a hit-and-run Pokemon, making a Choice set ideal for it, doing a great deal of damage to the opposing team or revenge killing threatening Pokemon. Victini's main attack is V-create, a 180 Base Power STAB move, packing enough strength to KO nearly anything that does not resist it. In terms of type coverage, Victini has access to Fusion Bolt to cover the various bulky Water-types in UU, such as Slowbro and Milotic. U-turn is a very useful move for gaining momentum in a battle, as well as scouting for the opponent's main answer to Victini..

@ Air Ballon
Trait: Justified
Nature :Jolly
Evs :252 sped,252 atk, 4 hp
Moves
Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Rock Polish
Close Combat
As mentioned in the Overview, Terrakion has amazing offensive typing, and combined with its bulk, has the freedom to do what very few other Pokemon in the game are able to: run a double boosting set. This gives Terrakion the versatility to be a fantastic weapon against both offensive and defensive teams. Against offensive teams, Rock Polish allows Terrakion to use its great STABs and the boost from Life Orb to run through them. Against slower, defensive teams, Terrakion can amplify its raw power with a Swords Dance, since it is unlikely to require the Speed boost. Also, it isn't that uncommon to find yourself in a situation where you are able to boost both Speed and Attack.
Air Balloon versus Life Orb is the biggest question you have to ask yourself when using Double Boosting Terrakion. Air Balloon is extremely useful for setting up in those frequent situations where you need to avoid an Earthquake. The most obvious scenario is getting an extra boost against Gliscor. Life Orb, on the other hand, adds to Terrakion's raw power, allowing it to nail a number of KOs that it normally wouldn't get. It really comes down to personal preference and which item is best suited for your team.

@ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Fang
~ Taunt

Despite its defensively leaning stats, Gliscor functions superbly as a bulky sweeper. Swords Dance allows Gliscor to boost its Attack to sky-high levels in just one turn, and its great natural bulk makes it easy to shrug off hits as Gliscor is setting up. Even with such an offensive moveset, Gliscor is still one of the few Pokemon who is able to counter some menacing physical threats, namely Conkeldurr. As such, being able to function as both a stallbreaker and reliable wall at the same time is a unique quality that separates Gliscor from most other Pokemon.
Earthquake is Gliscor's STAB attack of choice, and it has some surprising power behind it after a Swords Dance. For example, after Stealth Rock damage it will always 2HKO Bold Jellicent, who is often considered one of the best Gliscor switch-ins. Ice Fang is used to hit Levitate users and Flying-types who are immune to Earthquake, and gives nice overall coverage alongside Earthquake. Facade is a solid alternative, since a neutral Facade is actually stronger than a super effective Ice Fang, and lets Gliscor hit problematic Pokemon such as Rotom-W harder. However, Ice Fang is almost necessary to allow Swords Dance Gliscor to muscle its way past other Gliscor variants who are unable to boost their Attack. Taunt is a standard support move for Gliscor to prevent Pokemon such as Swords Dance Scizor from setting up alongside him, and also to stop Skarmory and Hippowdon from phazing with Whirlwind and Roar, respectively. It's also incredibly helpful when Gliscor is duking it out against Ferrothorn, since Taunt prevents it from setting up the dreaded Spikes or healing itself with Leech Seed. Protect is an option to scout opponents, and works well with Poison Heal if Gliscor needs a bit more recovery to survive an oncoming attack. The EV spread is used to outpace max Speed Tyranitar and all Adamant Breloom, while still maintaining Gliscor's amazing physical bulk to counter Conkeldurr.

In conclusion as you can see this is a very standard team because i like using water, fire and grass cores. I usually always have a scout on my team followed by one support pokemon. this team fits my offensive style.

Enjoy and Plz rate al

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I've got a few suggestions to improve your team!

From looking over your team, it looks like you're a little weak to a few things. Mixed Tyranitar can hurt your team pretty bad, and you'll have to resort to bringing out your late game sweeper to OHKO it. Landorus can cause you some problems too if it can switch in safely, as nothing on your team can take a hit from it all that well (Apart from Ferrothorn, but CB will do hefty damage). Also, a combo of Scizor + Rotom-W can put your team under pressure if it gets going with entry hazards. The best fix to this is adding a Specially Defensive Bulk Up Breloom to your team:

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 204 SDef / 64 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

This Pokemon is the best check to a lot of things that can give your team trouble. In particular, it's great at handling Volt-turn cores, as Spore will instantly put a stop to your opponent's momentum. With the Specially Defensive EVs, Breloom can easily switch into Rotom-W, and if it Volt Switches to Scizor, you can outspeed and Spore it (You can just Spore it even if it stays in, too.). Breloom can also handle Tyranitar and Landorus with relative ease, too. The only question is where you'll fit it into your team. It's your team, so I'm not gonna tell you what to replace, but to me, Rhyperior seems like the weakest link. But try and fit it in somewhere, whatever you're comfortable with.

Hydreigon is a cool mon, and in some ways it's outclassed by Latios. U-turn is one of the main advantages it has over Latios, but there's another advantage that you really need to make use of. Focus Blast over Surf will mainly let you destroy Tyranitar, which usually switches into Hydreigon with its great Special Defense in sand. This is something that Latios can't do, and it usually loses to Tyranitar. It still hits Heatran hard, so you're not missing out on too much coverage from a loss of Surf.

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped!

choice band would really be using metagross to his full potential. 610 attack cmon. don't ruin that with a balloon. maybe try.
Iten:Choice band
Nature: adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Move set:
pursuit
Meteor Mash
hammer arm
ice punch

this would ruin your victini but victini is nothing special to be honest.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey,

For the Breloom set, the EV spread should be 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spe. 236 HP EVs means your HP will reach the maximum HP stat divisible by 8, which is 320 HP. That allows Breloom to maximize Poison Heal recovery. I'm noticing your team is very weak to CB Terrakion, whom no members on your current team can reliably switch into a STAB Close Combat or Stone Edge. To fix the problem, I'd recommend you use a Gliscor to solve the CB Terrakion problems. Here's the set.

@ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Fang
~ Taunt

This set allows you to take Fighting, Ground and Rock hits better, since your team seems to be weak to Ground type moves (Lucario, Victini, Metagross). Swords Dance lets you hit harder, using Earthquake and Ice Fang as coverage moves. Taunt ruins Skarmory and Ferrothorn, who would have an easy time against it otherwise. Anyways, Gliscor > Metagross is the change which would help your team. Metagross and Lucario have similar roles, whilst Lucario does it better. Metagross won't be helping too much, unfortunately. Well, I hope I helped. Good luck!

~ Expert Physics

That Agilygross moveset is horrible. It has not enough HP and it has too much Speed EV's.
It's not important being faster than a choice scarf landorus after an agility... especially not when you are not running ice punch.
Give him that much speed ev's that it reaches 396 speed after an agility being faster than base ini 130 threats such as jolteon.
I'Ve never tried Zen Headbutt on Agility Metagross but it looks solid. I always played it with Thunderpunch dealing with opposing Gyarados and Skarmory.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Ice punch over zen headbutt is better on Metagross in the long run giving it the ability to dominate Gliscor/Landorus- Meteor Mash already decimates whatever zen heabutt hits

Hey, solid team.
Now, i've made a list of all of the checks that can mess around with your team here: http://pastebin.com/mJ5ced7n

When you look at this list, you'll see a variety of Rain threats, and loads of Dragons. There's also Volcarona, which can completely sweep your team. Same thing is said with Choice Scarf Landorus, with some predictions can own your team.

You know why this happens? Your team lacks a defensive core, Gliscor alone, especially without Protect, can't do the walling job on its own. Your breloom isn't supposed to be a wall. You need another pokemon to complete the walling job, that could also have good synergy with your team, and beats the threats listed. I personally reccomend Bronzong, as it gets rocks up, plus walls dragons and Landorus, which are big threats to your team. I suggest that you replace it with Hydreigon, with does little to nothing to your team. On the mean time, I suggest changing Victini to a scarfed variant, since you don't have Hydreigon anymore.

Now, you still need an answer to Volcarona, Virizion and Toxicroak. To do this, I suggest this poke:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
252 HP; 4 Def; 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice/Heat Wave
-Substitute
-Roost

You can change this with whatever you want, but not Lucario or Gliscor.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)