Announcement It's time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It has been a while now since I've become Tier Leader and as such I think it is time for Rosa and I to finally enact our plan for endgame SS. First, we are removing the position of 1v1 Council and running this ship ourselves. Why you may ask? It's because we have decided to unban Dynamax and those cowards were too scared to agree with us. Dmax was never the problem and is basically the same thing as mega evolutions and Z moves which you all love so much so we don't see the problem. Hope you enjoy the changes and if you don't we do not care cope harder..

If it wasn't obvious enough April fools kek, this is only a 1 day thing don't worry. I'll leave the thread open for anyone who wants to discuss their findings on the ladder today try it out just for fun.

First, we are removing the position of 1v1 Council and running this ship ourselves. Why you may ask? It's because we have decided to unban Dynamax and those cowards were too scared to agree with us.
Those damn cowards. Finally, someone showing initiative within 1v1! First ladder game, and uh... I didn't use Dynamax. But I'll probably need to use it in the future!

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since April fools is almost over I just wanted to go over some of the stuff I found in my over 215 games of ladder

:ss/lapras-gmax:
Lapras-Gmax @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic / Filler
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
Once again Gmax Lapras was completely broken because Weakness Policy unfortunately remained legal. This beats pretty much everything from Zapdos, to Kartana, to even Magnezone all without any bulk at all. Not surprised one bit at how good it was and it just goes to show how busted Weakness Policy is in a dmax meta.

:ss/excadrill:
Excadrill @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Filler
Just like how Lapras was insanely good, its best partner excadrill was also super good as well. Having access to Sand Stream and Max Rockfall allows Excadrill to outspeed Zera in sand without any invest, allowing it to invest in defense which is needed in order to beat PZ. This speed change also allows it to gain the upper hand vs things like opposing Lapras and most water types. It also has access to both self boosting bulk moves in its STABs so like of course it's good.

:ss/porygon-z:
Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot / idk i didn't use it
I never ended up using PZ even though I really should have. This mon is stupid strong being able to throw of basically 3 hyper beams back to back to back, and thanks to Max Strike lowering speed it can afford to run bulk which was really annoying. Definitely one of the better new mons and I think it would have potential to be a real threat if dmax remained legal.

:ss/regidrago:
Regidrago @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Dragon's Maw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Energy
- Giga Impact
- Fire Fang / Filler idk
Regidrago pretty much does the exact same thing it does in normal 1v1, force people to run steels and fairies. Dragon's Maw works really well with dmax and dragon moves lowering the opponent's attack is incredibly useful. You could also probably try other sets like AV or special because Dragon energy is always 150bp in dmax which is absolutely insane. This is just what I mostly used

:ss/zapdos galar: :ss/milotic:
Zapdos-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Steel Wing
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick

Milotic @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Recover
- Blizzard
- Mirror Coat
Turns out Defiant and Competitive mons are really good. Both of these mons gave me some trouble to the point where I started running Toxic over Hyper Beam on my Lapras for Milotic specifically because I got tired of games relying on Thunder hitting. Being able to force your opponents to not use debuffing moves like Max Wyrmwind and Max Phantasm is such a powerful tool and really shouldn't be underestimated.

There's also some other mons like Crustle, Togekiss, Dragapult, Urshifus, Rillaboom, and Durant I tried but these were the main mons that stuck out to me. In case it wasn't obvious enough I absolutely adore dmax and legitimately would enjoy it being legal as long as Weakness Policy was banned because that item is absolutely busted. It definitely would have been interesting to see what would have happened if 1v1 had taken that route way back when but alas dmax being banned is probably for the best. Anyways hope you all enjoy the last bit of time with dmax and we'll (hopefully) be back to normal rules tomorrow (for Americans).

i would say kyurem in the mode as broken. the only counter really always wins are fini and primarina.
the set:
Kyurem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Blizzard
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
the reason is basically no check to it, as ones that mentioned could be beaten by others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)