ITT we poorly describe popular movie plots and other people try to guess them

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
title says it all, let's have a fun forum user game, let me start!::

my examples:

Vin Diesel crosses the border and finds they are not happy to see him and his friends. (solved- Saving Private Ryan)

A bloody man wakes up and finds two surprised guests. (solved- Saw)

The worst driver ever flips out with pretty girls in tow. (solved- Deathproof)

Some guy is a cop except hes really not a cop hes actually a bad guy but he becomes a cop anyway and there's one cop who becomes a bad guy but hes actually a cop and the guy who's actually a bad guy pretending to be a cop has to find the other guy before its too late. (solved- The Departed)

These dudes are fighting in the street but the one that loses actually wins because he wanted to lose so he could win later but he lost in the end anyways (edit- only one from this post still not solved)

A game of Jeopardy! determines the fate of a hotel chain (solved- Billy Madison)

Guess these, make some of your own, etc

edit- Try to at least make a guess at one that exists before you propose new ones so it doesnt get too cluttered

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the first one sounds like The Chronicles of Riddick.

this sounds like a fun game, here are two i always wanted to try:

wolverine and batman are a pair of super awesome fancy magicians. they have a falling out and try to fuck up each other's magic acts. then wolverine starts cloning himself before betraying batman only to get rebetrayed at the end.

july 15th over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

First one is Pitch Black or Chronicles of Riddick

Second one is Saw

Third is I don't know

Fourth is The Departed

Fifth is I don't know

Sixth is White Men Can't Jump

Zystral's first is The Prestige (probably shouldn't give the actors makes it too easy)

Second is One Day.

Mine:

1. A man takes his girlfriend to a bar. She breaks up with him. He then takes her to the same bar and they get back together and she moves into his place. His best friend moves out into the shed.

2. A retired man gets back into business to attempt to help his brother make a big delivery. He makes the delivery at the last second but the final package is damaged and so the guy receiving the shipment gets upset. The two men get into a fight that involves breaking lots of wooden chairs and such before the bad guy falls to his death on a wooden box. The movie ends with the retired man, his brother, and all their friends eating outside.

Star Wars IV

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First one is actually Fast Five I think, but I could be wrong.

Here's an attempt from me:

an angsty teenager begins monk training after his adoptive parents die, and is able to fly a complicated aircraft and save an entire army with his only prior experience being hunting bats in caves back home.

The worst driver ever flips out with pretty girls in tow.
Death Proof from Grindhouse.

Here's one:

Team of scientists have underwater lab not named Sealab.
Giving sharks the power to rip through metals as strong as Titanium is discovered to be a bad idea.
Samuel Jackson loses his ability to monologue.

EDIT @ Galladiator: Citizen Kane. Boom

let me try:

he was dead the whole time
Sixth Sense. Boom.

Here's one:

A man is dying, and his last word is extremely cryptic and makes no sense on its own, so investigators spend the entire movie trying to figure out what the word means, while at the same time learning about the man's life as a media mogul. Eventually they give up, but the audience learns what it means, and it's something nobody who hasn't seen the movie--or doesn't have internet--ever expected.

let me try:

he was dead the whole time
weekend at bernie's?

----------------------------------

Guy in Africa lives in solitude. Befriends a girl and her partner (work partner) and eventually makes his way to America. Returns to Africa at a later time to save his way of life.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
weekend at bernie's?

----------------------------------

Guy in Africa lives in solitude. Befriends a girl and her partner (work partner) and eventually makes his way to America. Returns to Africa at a later time to save his way of life.
George of the Jungle?

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
An innocent man goes to jail for a long long time until he escapes via a hole in the wall that he created.
Shawshank Redemption

Some guy is a cop except hes really not a cop hes actually a bad guy but he becomes a cop anyway and there's one cop who becomes a bad guy but hes actually a cop and the guy who's actually a bad guy pretending to be a cop has to find the other guy before its too late.

A game of Jeopardy! determines the fate of a hotel chain
The Departed

Billy Madison

A group of thieves pull a job, but everything goes wrong when one of them is thought to be a traitor.

A man inherits a huge sum of money, but as a condition of receiving it, he must spend a smaller but still large amount of money without telling anyone his intentions.

A prince travels to a far away land to escape an arranged marriage and find the future queen of his dreams.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
A group of thieves pull a job, but everything goes wrong when one of them is thought to be a traitor.
Reservoir Dogs

A man stays in a hotel room for an extended period of time, until he eventually meets a young chef who, despite their age difference, he discovers that they have quite a few things in common.

A serial killer with psychic powers rolls around the Californian desert blowing up peoples heads with intense vibrations while a group of spectators watch, because no reason.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A guy lives in an airport.

An amnesiac pursues his identity and meets an attractive woman while being followed by a corporation.

1. A man takes his girlfriend to a bar. She breaks up with him. He then takes her to the same bar and they get back together and she moves into his place. His best friend moves out into the shed.
Shaun of the Dead, easy, nice that you skipped over the zombies

group of friends get tricked onto an island, shit goes down and then some weird things cry.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No clue.

Dude dressed in black loses his girlfriend because of a lunatic, makes moral decision about another guy who just died.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First one is Pitch Black or Chronicles of Riddick
WRONG!! Nobodys gonna get the first one.

Second one is Saw
Right

Fourth is The Departed
Yep!

Sixth is White Men Can't Jump
Nope....not even close lol

First one is actually Fast Five I think, but I could be wrong.
Wrongo

Death Proof from Grindhouse.
Got it!

The Departed

Billy Madison
Correct! Good guess with Billy Madison

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some kids go to school, their dad shoots a dog and then he fails to stop a black guy from getting shot. One of the kids is then thought to have killed a drunk.

Some kids go to school, their dad shoots a dog and then he fails to stop a black guy from getting shot. One of the kids is then thought to have killed a drunk.
To Kill a Mockingbird :,(

Eraddd: The Dark Knight

Walrein: Inception

Here's another: Time's told backwards as some guy kills many people because he is mentally dysfunctional and a cop is sort of a dick.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Vin Diesel crosses the border and finds they are not happy to see him and his friends.
Saving Private Ryan?

A guy lives in an airport.
Terminal

A man puts someone to sleep and messes with his head while his ex-wife stalks him.
Inception.

A retired athlete gets recruited in a game that will decide the fate of a mystical land.

A group of guys walk somewhere and throw something stupid into a volcano.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
fuck i wanted to say the fifth in the op is fight club but then i reread it am now i'm like nah v_v

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
title says it all, let's have a fun forum user game, let me start!::

Vin Diesel crosses the border and finds they are not happy to see him and his friends.
the pacifier

a one man army leaves a trail of destruction in the ghettos when his brother jimmy is murdered by streetscum; he also does kung fu when he wants and has sex when he pleases.

a man suffering from a tepid marriage is in tokyo doing a commercial and meets a woman who is suffering the same and the movies is about ennui and stuff

a teenage boy is plagued with visions of a bunny and obsessions about time travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)