SM RU Jaded (1550 ELO, 88.7% GXE)

Introduction

It's been a good while since I lasted showcased a team. All my other builds are fun but still usually orthodox so I didn't deem them as worthy enough to be showcased here. But after losing to a CM Cress just because I missed a Leech Seed, I decided to build a team around it, though in testing, I ended up mostly using the other 5 mons instead. This team was built before the Stakataka test, but has been successful both then and recently.

Proof of peak

The team

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Spikes​

For the first member of my hazard stacking core, I decided to with Forretress. I was very hesitant to use Forretress when it first dropped to RU, though after facing it many times, I can see its merits. Something that is able to switch into Zygarde-10% twice is an invaluable asset right now for this kind of team. Donphan accomplishes the same thing, but a slow Volt Switch was the selling point, chipping away at removers along with Spikes stacking. Gyro Ball keeps it from being complete Taunt bait and deals respectable damage to Florges and the likes. Rapid Spin removes hazards on your side while keeping them on the opposing side, pretty self-explanatory. EVs maximize its defensive capability in combination with Wish support.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Megahorn / Rock Blast
- Toxic / Swords Dance​

Next up is Rhyperior, providing Rocks, a Ground-type and decent offensive pressure. It rounds out the hazard stacking core and pairs well with Forretress being a Fire-resist (against non-CC Arcanine and non-HP Grass Salazzle). Earthquake, even from 16 Adamant, still puts pressure on anything that's not immune such as Florges and Blastoise-Mega on the switch. For the 3rd move, I went with Megahorn, but Rock Blast is also a viable option although it leaves Rhyperior walled by Bronzong. Megahorn hits Grass-types on the switch while also denting Mandibuzz since you hit it after it Roosts. The last move I have is Toxic for wearing down bulky Waters. Swords Dance can also be used to blow away other rocks setter. EVs allow it to live a multitude of hits from max HP and OHKO or 2HKO most mons after rocks.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell​

Vaporeon is chosen as the last piece of the team's backbone thanks to its ability to Wish pass, cure statuses and check Blastoise-Mega. The moveset is pretty obvious: Scald to fish for burns, that Wish + Protect + Lefties combo to support Forretress, Rhyperior and Cress, and Heal Bell to support Cress and Machamp in case I need to switch it into Toxic. Protect also scouts for Trick or Switcheroo. Max Sp.Def investment allows it to check not only Blastoise, but also Swellow, Nidoqueen, Dragalge, Psychic Gardevoir and Yanmega.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Substitute​

Normally, I would never use CM Cresselia. When it works, it works, but most of the time it seems pretty underwhelming. Substitute allows it to set up on Registeel, Bronzong and Slowbro. Moonblast is used since it has no immunities, and works with the Speed EVs since it outspeeds common Fighting-types like Pangoro and Bewear. Moonlight + cleric support keep it healthy throughout the match. The rest of the EVs are dumped into bulk to make this duck as fat as possible. Common checks to this are Drapion and Metagross, among other things, so it's best to weaken these first before setting up. If setting up is impossible for the matchup, Cress can instead be used as part of the backbone, switching into Barbaracle, Roserade, Noivern and Zygarde-10%.

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch​

The Machamp fad is still going strong. Flame Orb + Guts allow Machamp to demolish defensive cores as well as pressuring offensive teams every time it comes in. It is also a Dark-resist to support Cresselia, though switching it into moves is not advisable unless you can keep Vaporeon from getting pressured too much. CC and Facade are strong, spammable moves, while Knock Off hits Ghost-types on the switch or get rid of Lefties on things like Florges. Access to Bullet Punch means it can pick off threats after hazards like Gardevoir.

Noivern @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost​

Finally, Z-Hurricane Noivern fits the team perfectly. It provides a fast Fire, Grass, Bug, Water and Fighting counter, hitting SD Drapion, Ninetales, Araquanid, Golisopod, Virizion, non-Sucker Punch Toxicroak, Salazzle and Sub-Mismagius. Flyinium Z gives it a one-time nuke to get rid of these threats for the rest of the team, though it requires a few rounds of hazards to do so. Flamethrower + Taunt annoys common Steels while preventing Sticky Web from Araquanid if you play right against Magic Coat. The EVs allow it to take on Golisopod and Araquanid while not lowering its damage output too much. Still, it's not recommended to switch Noivern straight into attacks without proper predictions or Wish support.

Threatlist

It's not impossible to play around, but these do give me the most trouble to deal with. Pretty easy to figure out how each one is threatening.

Replays

These are from before Stakataka test, since I haven't played mons much after that.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-856673089
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-854505586

Importable
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Spikes

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Toxic

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Substitute

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

Noivern @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)