Jersey Stall - 5th Gen OU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jersey Stall - 5th Gen OU RMT

Hello guys and gals Zapdos here with my first 5th Gen RMT.
Today's team is a balanced/Stall based team to try and compete with the standard OU Meta Game.

Team Building Process

First I was thinking of a lead that can take on most weather lead fairly decent.
This is where my firs Pokemon comes into play Swampert.
I thought he would be a good choice just because he can take on Hippowdon and Politoed with little to no problems. Nintales can be a pain do to it having Solar Beam

Next up I was thinking of what could help support My Swampert and the choice that seemed the most fitting was Chansey. Since Chansey is so broken with it's new evolution stone it can take both Special and Physical hit's with ease.

Next I needed a spin blocker and something that can stop those fighting hit's coming towards Chansey so I decided to add a Dusclops to the formula.
Seeing how Dusclops is also very broken with the evolution stone I though it would be a great addition to the team.

Next up on the team I needed something that could take on those annoying rain teams and whats a better rain counter than Nattorei?
He has great bulk and can leech seed, spikes and deal damage.

Next I though something that could handle some basic threats. I was having some troubles dealing with roobushin so I decided to add a Latios.
It's fast and it can hit various Pokes with it's amazing Special Attack.

Last but not least I wanted a good late game sweeper. After all of the Stealth Rock + Spike + any sort of Toxic/Burn Damage my opponent has taken it's pretty fun to bring in good old Infernape to get the job done.

Movesets

Ronnie (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

TheSituation (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor

Sammi (Dusclops) (F) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 144 HP / 236 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Night Shade
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Vinny (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Pauly D (Nattorei) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Snooki (Chansey) (F) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Wish

Yes all of my Pokemon are named after Jersey Shore cast xD
Hence the "Jersey Stall"
Well I think that's about it I'll edit more if I need to please rate my team.
I'm still a beginner.

The team looks okay but you do need a paragraph or so of description after each mons's set, else this'll be locked. From a glance it seems like you have 4 mons who would be easy setup fodder for a lot of things, which may prove problematic. Also, Blaziken>Infernape this gen for a late game sweeper, though you don't seem to be using him in that role and as more of a revenger (which may help with your mons being somewhat setup fodder).

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Take a look at the RMT archive to see what kind of descriptions we are looking for. PM me the fixed descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)