Battle Spot [Johto Classic] Burn, Baby, Burn

peak ( I've probably dropped by now, though )
I wish I had a well thoughout team building process to describe here but I don't and I can't be bothered to make one up, so lets just roll with it.

----------------------------------------------------

DropDemBombs (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Haze​

I kind of just needed a filler when I even considered using Weezing and I thought it'd be nice to have a solid counter to Clefable and an overall back-up answer to set up sweepers, pretty much a poor man's quagsire but one that can actually check Clef. Full Sp. Def investment so it can tank special hits better as Will-O-Wisp already punishes physical attackers and because of its higher Defense stat Weezing can afford to take a physical hit before crippling something back. 4 Ivs were dumped into speed so Weezing outspeeds uninvested Clefable and can Haze before it gets the chance to nuke it all out with Stored Power.

Sell That Soul (Tangela) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 60 SpD / 204 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed/Toxic
- Infestation/Synthesis
- Giga Drain/Synthesis
- Worry Seed​

I was being annoyed out of my mind by Sleep Talk Suicune and Snorlax so I came up with this extremely niche specific set. Tangela wants to switch into bulky Sleep Talkers that usually can't do anything back to it and trap them. 204 Spe EVs enables it to outspeed uninvested 'mons with 85 base speed, this way Tangela can Leech Seed or Trap the likes of Gyarados and Suicune before they can set up a substitute. Worry Seed is the center piece of this set as it not only removes pesky abilities such as Magic Guard, but it also prevends the use of Rest; effectively turning this thing into the existential bane of almost all revelevant CroWhatever builds. I considered using Synthesis & Toxic so Tangela can also keep up and effectively cripple Clefable, but I'm not sure.

Fare Thee Well (Primeape) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 204 HP / 60 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Final Gambit​

Allahu Akbar!... haha, now jokes aside; I just wanted to try a Final Gambit built out and Primeape can, thankfully, make a pretty decent use of it. Unless I see a Genger or too many bulky mons on teampreview, this is the pokemon I'm leading with. This moveset is capable of trading kills through the usage of Final Gambit or leaving a huge dent on things so another teammate can clean. 204 EVs in HP guarantees that Final Gambit will take out anything up to an uninvested 91 hp base & 244 Spe EVs + Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed Jolly Dragonite at +1. Everything else is dumped in Attack for higher damage output in case something goes wrong and Final Gambit is no longer worth using, so it isn't completely helpless without it.

Somebody (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Level:50
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Recover​

Set-up sweepers are a thing and they were giving me trouble. I was torn between Clefable and Quagsire, but I didn't want to have issues with Magneton and Scizor, plus the Electric immunity sounded far more appealing to me than Dragon. Quagsire is in charge of handling set-up physical attackers and wane their health with either Scald & a possible burn or Toxic. Protect should be used for scouting and to gain extra leftovers recovery; Recover is for longetivity and survivability so Quagsire can consistently keep on walling its intended targets.

Gotta (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Level:50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]​

Was in need of something capable of taking annoying water types down and a decent Gengar switch in; Raikou was fit for the job with an Assault Vest. Raikou is usually what I lead with if I spot ghost ( aka gengar ) or bulky water types on teampreview as it is perfectly capable of dealing with them. Volt Switch ensures that Raikou can switch out if it gets mismatched. Extrasensory and HP Grass are used to deal mostly with Gengar and Quagsire respectively, both of which can give this team a lot of trouble.

♪ Raise Hell ♪ (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
So I had this Entei on the back of my bank for AGES and I never had the chance to use it and this competition seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so as I wanted to use a strong physical fire type sweeper, so here he is. Entei's job is pretty straight forward: Get in and wreck stuff with a Choice Band-boosted Sacred Fire. Extreme Speed is there to pick off weakened foes, Stone Edge is what I use to deal with opposing fire types that don't really care about Entei's other moves but all in all, just selecting Sacred Fire is a no-brainer most of the time.

---------------------------------------------

That is all folks and I know it goes without saying, but constructive criticism is always welcomed!

*Walks off while buildings explode in the background*
*Puts shades on*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)