JTrainer's "Improved" Team

The last time I posted here I did not follow the rules very well. Sorry for that. Plus I accidentally posted my team in the OU category, when they are not OU. My team is actually a mix of UU and OU. However, as in my last post, I will NOT change the kind of pokemon I use on my team (I am very attatched to them). Suggestions on changing the nature, ability, held item, EVs, and moves, I will accept and test, but I absolutely will not change the kind of pokemon I use on my team (that doesn't mean I don't compose other teams though, this is just my main team).

Here they are:

Blaziken (male) nicknamed: Link
ability: Blaze
nature: Jolly
item: Salac Berry
EVs: 252 ATK / 4 DEF / 252 SPEED
Moves:
Blaze Kick
Endure
Reversal
Swords Dance

Blaziken is my favorite fire-type pokemon, and my starter. As such, we are inseperable. I have gone through many Blaziken sets. My current one is a endure/reversal combo. When I tried a Scarfed Blaziken, he worked pretty well, bit he was stuck at one move at a time. This "Reversal-kin" is weak to priority moves, but other than that is is a great late-game sweeper. I nicknamed him "Link" after my favorite video game character, and cause he uses Swords Dance.

Gardevoir (female) nicknamed: Starfire
ability: Trace
nature: Timid
item: Leftovers
EVs: 200 SP.ATK / 56 SP.DEF / 252 SPEED
Moves:
Psychic
Wish
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt

Back in my sapphire version, Ralts was the first pokemon I caught. Gardevoir is my favorite psychic-type pokemon, so please don't suggest I replace her. When I use her, I have her use wish first, then calm mind, both boosting her stats and healing her in one turn. Then she blasts the opponent with either psychic or thunderbolt. And her trace ability can have her copy good abilities such as intimidate or water/volt absorb. I nicknamed her "Starfire" after my favorite super-hero.

Salamence (male) nicknamed: Rorek
ability: Intimidate
nature: Jolly
item: Yache Berry
EVs: 252 ATK / 4 SP.DEF / 252 SPEED
Moves:
Outrage
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Salamence is my main sweeper. His Dragon Dance/Outrage combo usually KOs any opponent that doesn't resist it. Back in sapphire version, I was originally going to have a Flygon, but when I used Salamence I knew he had to be on my team. I nicknamed him "Rorek" after this dragon from my favorite show, Teen Titans.

Roserade (female) nicknamed: Raven
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Timid
item: Focus Sash
EVs: 200 SP.ATK / 56 SP.DEF / 252 SPEED
Moves:
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

Roserade is my lead (most of the time). She usually starts by using sleep powder to put the opponent to sleep, then follows up with one of her three attacks, and the focus sash is just in case my opponent goes first. I was going to have her know Hidden Power Fire, but in that case, her speed was always one point lower than her max, and that didn't suit me.
I nicknamed her "Raven", after my second favorite super-hero.

Milotic (female) nicknamed: Lanayru
ability: Marvele Scale
nature: Bold
item: Leftovers
EVs: 148 DEF / 108 SP.ATK / 252 SPEED
Moves:
Ice Beam
Recover
Hypnosis
Hydro Pump

The water type of my team. At first she used a moveset with Mirror Coat, but then I tried this movset and I decided to stick with it. I have her know Hydro Pump over Surf for two reasons. One: her special attack is too low to effectively use surf. Two: Surf hits your ally in double battles, and I don't want to risk that. I nicknamed her "Lanayru" after the Light Spirit from the Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess.

Metagross nicknamed: Cyborg
ability: Clear Body
nature: Adamant
item: Muscle Band
EVs:
252 ATK / 104 SP.DEF / 152 SPEED
Moves:
Meteor Mash
Agility
Explosion
Earthquake

Metagross is one of my strongest team members, and has won me many battles. Back in sapphire version, I wasn't sure what to have as my sixth pokemon, but then I raised Metagross, and knew he had to be on my team. First he uses agility to become faster than most of the competition, then slams the opponent with either Meteor Mash or Earthquake, and as a last resort, he uses explosion. I nicknamed him "Cyborg" after a super-hero from Teen Titans, and cause he is kind of techy.

I know I didn't have to list their genders, but I wanted to.

Also, I fixed their EVs since I last posted them.

I may drop their nicknames if someone suggests it.

Please rate.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What is the point of posting this in Rate My Team if you are not willing to even CONSIDER changing your pokemon around? Also, a team with UU and OU's is an OU team, that should be posted in the OU thread.

In any case, Roserade's moves jump out as pretty poor choices. Why Sludge Bomb/Energy Ball? Leaf Storm is better than Energy Ball, and Spikes are a far superior choice to Sludge Bomb. As for Shadow Ball, I have never seen a Roserade run Shadow Ball, ever. This is for a reason. HP Fire is vastly superior, and if that doesn't do it for you, run Toxic Spikes along with Spikes.

Muscle Band on Metagross sucks, run Life Orb over it for the standard Agiligross set. EV-wise, do not run Sp. D. EV's on Metagross, run HP EV's along with more speed.

Your second reason behind Milptoc's using Hydro Pump over Surf is nonsensical. Don't want to risk what? The game suddenly deciding the battle will become a Doubles battle? Unless this is a Doubles team? Surf is generally the accepted choice on Milotic, as it has more PP and accuracy, both of which Milotic needs to perform it's role as tank/status abosrber/bulky sleeper

For Salamence, I would recommend Life Orb over Yache berry, it needs the extra damage output.

For EV's, you seem to add a lot of unnecessary SPD EV's. ALWAYS add extra EV's to HP before SPD if you are just trying to make your pokemon more bulky.

Well, that is all. Hope you reconsider changing pokes so that you can get some real rates.

What is the point of posting this in Rate My Team if you are not willing to even CONSIDER changing your pokemon around? Also, a team with UU and OU's is an OU team, that should be posted in the OU thread.

In any case, Roserade's moves jump out as pretty poor choices. Why Sludge Bomb/Energy Ball? Leaf Storm is better than Energy Ball, and Spikes are a far superior choice to Sludge Bomb. As for Shadow Ball, I have never seen a Roserade run Shadow Ball, ever. This is for a reason. HP Fire is vastly superior, and if that doesn't do it for you, run Toxic Spikes along with Spikes.

Muscle Band on Metagross sucks, run Life Orb over it for the standard Agiligross set. EV-wise, do not run Sp. D. EV's on Metagross, run HP EV's along with more speed.

Your second reason behind Milptoc's using Hydro Pump over Surf is nonsensical. Don't want to risk what? The game suddenly deciding the battle will become a Doubles battle? Unless this is a Doubles team? Surf is generally the accepted choice on Milotic, as it has more PP and accuracy, both of which Milotic needs to perform it's role as tank/status abosrber/bulky sleeper

For Salamence, I would recommend Life Orb over Yache berry, it needs the extra damage output.

For EV's, you seem to add a lot of unnecessary SPD EV's. ALWAYS add extra EV's to HP before SPD if you are just trying to make your pokemon more bulky.

Well, that is all. Hope you reconsider changing pokes so that you can get some real rates.

Unless I go for a Choice Specs Roserade, I won't have her run Leaf Storm. Then again, trying it out couldn't hurt, so I guess I'll give it a try. Also, there are a lot of pokemon that outspeed Roserade anyway, so I'll give HP Fire a try. Toxic Spikes too, or Spikes, whichever comes first.

I put a Yache Berry on Salamence to protect him from Ice Shards and other Ice attacks while he sets up his Dragon Dance (except for the Ice Shard, then it wouldn't matter).

Milotic is pretty bulky, so I guess I could give Surf a try. I guess I really just think Hydro Pump looks cooler in PBR than Surf, but I guess I shouldn't let that concern me.

I only took off my Metagross' Life Orb because someone else suggested it, but I could put it back on.

I'll also change the EVs to put the leftover ones in HP, like you suggested, and see how they fare.

And the only reason I won't change the kind of pokemon I use is because I treat my team pokemon like my friends (I know, I'm wierd), and you don't abandon your friends.

Ok, i just saw your team on serebii, and unfortunately nothing's going to change for you here. This team is just not that good, plain and simple. First off, this is in the wrong thread, this should be in the OU teams section because Salamence, Roserade and Metagross are all OU pokemon, in other words they aren't allowed in UU. Blaziken makes a horrible lead, especially in OU (The only tier this team can be played in because you have OU pokemon). Azelf's psychic kills it, along with swampert's eq, aerodactyl's eq, is easy set-up bait for lead Roserade because it outspeeds you and will put you to sleep. The MAJOR thing, however, is no one wants to help you when you are so stubborn about changing the pokemon on your team. I bet this thread will be closed soon as well because; it's in the wrong section (Should be in the OU section), but also because you will not take ANY advice on changes to your team (Rule #8). You might say "But I'm still open for changes on my ev spreads or movesets or natures." But you need to realize changing pokemon is the most important part of team building, and until you are open to changing the pokemon on your team, it will not get any better.

But you need to realize changing pokemon is the most important part of team building, and until you are open to changing the pokemon on your team, it will not get any better.
Important to you maybe. But this means that you don't even like your pokemon, you just view them as tools for battling. Haven't you ever been so attatched to a pokemon that you never wanted to replace it?

I've won at least 80 out of 100 battles on Wi-fi in PBR, and my opponents were not just noobs. So I think my lineup of pokemon is a good lineup.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to ask, why does pokemon A have B EVs in Stat C? Can you explain so we have a better idea?

Also, if this is for PBR, you're going to have to rebreed Roserade into a Budew until you get the IVs and Nature you want. -.- Tough luck unless you abuse RNG, but still, HP Fire is superior.

Looking back at the OP, you say something about Milotic using Hydro Pump over Surf to not hit your ally... Can you give us your two leads so we know what troubles you might have? Posting a threat list could help, too...

Okay, listen to me you little piece of poop, I've played pokemon longer than you've been alive (You sound like a ten year old so that's what I'm going off of). I wouldn't have been playing this long if I didn't like pokemon, so don't say random shit like that. PBR is a major noob center, everyone knows that, and I've experienced it (I have it and have played online on it). I counted, I won 30 straight battles, not because I'm a good battler, but because they sucked. And this was before I started even playing competitively (Learning about ev's and natures, stuff like that). One way to look at your "friends" comment is that maybe you are the one not being a good friend because you are letting the shit get beat out of them by forcing them to play against much better opponents. You like that one? Lol. But seriously, don't post a team that you aren't willing to change the pokemon on.

Dude. Listen to people or stick to PBR and stop quoting people and putting "fat" in front of their igns. That just shows your immaturity and incapability to accept the truth.
actually that's a default quote setting.

On to the team: you want to keep the same pokemon so I'll suggest improvements as if you didn't want your team to change at all, even though these are frequently suboptimal choices :P

Blaziken is a decent mixed wallbreaker, and is horrible in the lead position. Since you don't want to change pokemon in this team, I'd at least advise putting roserade in the lead position with the following set:

Roserade @ Focus Sash
4 HP/252 Spe/252 Spatk
Timid Nature (+spe, -Atk)
HP Fire (use another option like toxic spikes or sludge bomb i guess if you don't want to IV breed for this hidden power)
Spikes
Leaf Storm
Sleep Powder

This team is quite offensive and has a lot of mixed attackers so I don't really thing toxic spikes will do you as much good as the regular kind, plus this gives you a chance versus other standard leads (you can 2hko lead Azelf and most ttar with leaf storm as well as ohko swampert). Since you hate leaf storm, i guess grass knot is an option, but keep in mind this means azelf will pretty much have its way with you completely, which is a BAD thing.

Gardevoir can...I guess stay the way it is, but I'd recommend giving it will-o-wisp over wish so that it isn't completely helpless vs. ttar and scizor switch-ins. EVs you can tune as you like, although you probably won't change much of anything at all.

Your mence is fine, but I think the EVs should be changed to 232 atk/24 spatk/252 spe. Yache berry is situational though and I'd suggest life orb instead, even though you probably don't like using standard items and movesets.

Blaziken can have some holes opened up for it through running a more offensive moveset. It can come in on various threats and scare them off...and the main thing holding it back is its speed. So, for a bit of fun, try running an Agility Blaziken, whose objective is to weaken walls so that your agiligross and ddmence can sweep in the lategame.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
192 Atk/252 Spatk/64 Spe
Rash nature (+Spatk, -Spdef)

Agility
Fire Blast
Superpower
HP Electric

This team has gyarados problems, so running HP electric will help you to deal with any gyarados who expects to switch in, scare you off, and DD. He resists bullet punch and will generally scare off scizor which will let you set up (he has a field day with most of this team as well). Coverage moves will help you to weaken a lot of walls that come in and also deal with Blissey...give it a try and see if you like it.

Milotic is ok, but he's definitely going to want a more defensive spread. Try 148 HP/252 Def/108 Spatk. Also, consider surf over hydro pump, though both options are fine to work with.

And finally...your metagross is a decent sweeper as it is, but his spdef doesn't do that much good. You want life orb for more power (despite the recoil, you'll really need the extra power). Considering that you want this guy to be more of an unconventional sweeper, I'd advise running enough speed to outpace scarfed +nature base 90s like roserade (also letting you outpace things like neutral natured 100s like adamant flygon) and putting the remainder in HP for better general defense. Also, to be unique, running Zen Headbutt over Explosion could help his late-game sweep and offer additional stab coverage, in particular it'll help to deal with weakened rotom-formes who you otherwise would be unable to hit effectively (doing roughly 52-62% to a standard bulky spinblock rotom). The set will wind up looking like this:

Metagross @ Life Orb
40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spe
Adamant nature (+atk, -Spatk)

Agility
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt/Explosion
Earthquake

hope this helped a bit. I kinda understand the situation of wanting to keep certain pokemon on a team even though they might not be the best choices, and I wish more raters would try to keep in mind what the ratee is asking for. If they want a full rate, they ask for it. If they want minor changes/suggestions/improvements but to keep the same pokemon...well it shouldn't generally be posted on sites like this but the least we can do is not just shout him down and tell him to use the best pokemon for the situation.

Change your Gardevoirs Nature its annoying me, you have no speed evs so what is the point of timid. Very pointless so change it to Bold(Defense) or Calm(SpDef). Personally i have a special wall Gardevoir,
G[EMAIL="Gardevoir@Leftovers/LightCLay/LumBerry"]ardevoir@Leftovers[/EMAIL]
Calm 176SpDef/252Hp/80SpAtk
Thunder Wave
Psychic
Wish
Will-o-Wisp

Oh and you definetly need a priority move, so bullet punch on metagross should do.
There
Reflect
Psychic
Wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)