Judge-a-Pokémon Turbo Drive

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Applin, it's an apple, but it looks just enough not like an apple that it feels like something's wrong. If I'm buying apples and I see an applin among them, I would stop for at least 2 minutes to try and figure out why this apple has a tail and a brown bottom.

Flapple, it's design seems to imply that the apple from Applin was actually an egg, that hatched and gave rise to a flying apple dragon thing. Personally I would never use a Flapple to fight. It just hatched from an egg and hasn't even left the shell yet, that's too close to a child soldier for me.

Appletun, definitely gives a stuffed animal/teddy bear kinda vibe, since it's so chonky and has a calm expression. Would 100% punch anyone who tries to eat it just because the top looks like an apple pie, you wouldn't eat a Lilipup if it had a burger growing out of it's back would you? Monsters.

Last edited:

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
appletun is the most delicious-looking pokemon they've ever made, bar none. every time i see it, i feel hungry. it sits before me, crust swelling gently with the wonders that lie beneath, coyly avoiding eye contact. it's taunting, mocking, maddening - why, game freak? why must you torment me in this way?

flapple has a good name and applin is cool too ig.

Applin: I love this design. Anyone else notice that the brown spot forms an underbite pattern? That's nice. Plus it's just a novel concept of something growing inside an apple. And I gotta give points to those eyes - how they're crammed at the top is fun and charming. And Applin's apple looks delicious, too. It's that lovely shade of red and the plumpness of it.

Flapple: I like the goofy charm of flying on apple rinds, but it kinda looks off. The bulbous green parts remind me of mold or slime, and the yellow eyes, while a nice splash of color, give off a similar impression. But props to the designers, I still like this Bakugan-lookin' guy.

Appletun: I keep forgetting that the those yellow things on its back aren't gummy worms. If it was incorporated into the skin or if the back looked more like a pie, I think that'd be the only thing I'd fix. Appletun is happy to be here and that's a real good design trope. I wonder if Big Yoshi was an influence.

Applin : In My Oppinion its Pretty Cute and Has Cute And Cool design, I like It

Flapple : It has Cool Design and Looks Kinda Cute, I Like It

Appletun : it has anApple In Its Head Making It cant see looks really Cute IMO and I really Like The patterns In Its Back, I Like it

Applin: It is a scary apple with a worm coming out of it, but it has a cute look at the same time.

Appletun: An apple pie Pokemon? Yes please No way that's gross!

Flapple: The worm ate parts of the apple, and that gives it the ability to fly? That sux Actually, I think it's the best Pokemon ever!
Help me the Flapple is keeping me hostage and I can't get out I am really scared help

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
beedrill is just... a bee. it doesn't even feel like a pokemon

vespiquen is kind of cool but nothing really too special. it just gets the classic 'we don't care about bug types' treatment from game freak. i do think attack order and defend order are very cool, but graphically there's not too much that interests me. also, it kind of looks intimidating - which is rare for bug types - but at the same time it also looks a bit silly

combee is a GOAT pokemon. it always looks so happy, and the fact that only female combees evolve is one of gamefreak's greatest ever trolls in the pokemon franchise. fooling both people who play for the first time and shiny hunters alike. also shoutout Ivy

Navzyx-kun

Banned deucer.
beedrill thoughts: just a normal bee that sucks in competitive with a common typing. however badass and good mega tho. the anime made him look like a UU mon at best lol

combee thoughts: i'm happy, and that's it

vespiquen thoughts: just no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)