Jumpluff Sucks

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi, I’m Nails. With the tour coming up and my UU team being horribly out of date, I decided I needed a new team. I looked around for inspiration for a team, and while playing on the CAP server it hit me.

Fidgit is incredibly good in the CAP metagame because (aside from having tons of entry hazards to spam) it’s fast, it has immunities and bulk, and most importantly, the move encore. Because of this move, it is by itself stall’s answer to stat raising pokemon, and the reason Revenankh isn’t as broken as it might be (read into the CAP website if you want to find out more).

With that in mind, I decided I wanted an encore abuser. The choices were essentially Alakazam, Jumpluff, and Raichu. Alakazam can’t take a hit, Raichu has bad defensive typing, and everything else was eliminated because it is too slow (which really hurts encore’s usefulness). Jumpluff was the choice, and I didn’t look back.

Next, I wanted some powerful hitters that can take advantage of free turns generated by Jumpluff. If possible they should have resistances or immunities to jumpluff’s weaknesses, as there are a lot of them (rock, fire, ice, flying, poison), and they’re all fairly common in UU (with the possible exception of poison, which is carried by a pokemon Jumpluff likes to switch into). I decided on Rhyperior, as it has huge defense and the ability to crush mountains (it even hits them Super Effectively!) and resists fire, rock, and flying… as well as poison, but all of the poison attack users threaten it. With a huge ice weakness showing I picked an Ice and water resisting SubPuncher (was originally a Poliwrath, but Azu was moved in soon after the team was built during testing).

Now that I had an offensive core, I desperately needed Stealth Rock. I also had a big weakness to both toxic and hidden power Milotic variants, so Registeel was added, with Toxic to kill Milotic.

Now, looking at my team, I had a lot of threats covered. However, things like Venusaur and Fighting types still threaten my team. RestTalk Weezing covers both very well.

The team functioned pretty well, but it was still weak to a few threats. Moltres/Houndoom/Arcanine were huge threats at this point, as Azumarill can’t take more than one or two attacks, everything else is ohkoed (moltres was the main issue, it frequently carries hp grass), and I have no spin blocker. I needed something with bulk that could take hits, and was resisted/was immune to fire. The choices were basically Arcanine and Milotic, and Arcanine was my choice because it has offensive power.

Jumpluff (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn

Jumpluff is the focus point of this team. I wanted to test it out, and it fully lives up to my expectations (75% of the time, damn sleep powder). Encore is a broken move, and the rest of the moveset is there to generate free turns/cripple the other team. The best momentum pokemon in UU, it beats all subpunchers, calm minders, bulk uppers, cursers… need I go on? Basically, what it does is switch in, encore something, sleep/para something, and switch to a counter. There’s absolutely nothing that needs changing with this set. It’s my lead because nothing else on the team makes a good lead.

Lead Matchups:

Ambipom – Switch to Rhyperior on the fake out. If I see life orb recoil then I stone edge, if not, I rock blast, because sash ambi scares me. Admittedly uncommon, but I don’t’ like taking risks.

Uxie – Switch to Rhyperior because a scarf cripples Jumpluff. The team doesn’t really mind rocks.

Mesprit – See Uxie, except with risk of Grass Knot =/

Omastar – While the team may not mind Stealth Rock, it HATES spikes. Sleep Powder.

Qwilfish – See Omastar.

Spiritomb – Slept or a free switch for Rhyperior.

Alakazam – U-Turn as Jumpluff tanks a psychic and hopefully gets taunted, switch to Arcanine, as that makes them send in Milotic and I can switch to Registeel and set up rocks. Works surprisingly consistently.

Scyther – Switch to Rhyperior to Rock Blast, but these leads scare me. The threat of scarf AA means I can’t U-Turn to break their sash.

Kabutops – Slept… but missing sucks, as they then ohko with stone edge. Actually causes my teams some issues.

Moltres – Switch to Arcanine, Espeed so I don’t reveal my moveset and it wouldn’t ohko anyways, and if they stay in, HP Rock.

Rhyperior (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk/200 Spd/56 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Blast
- Aqua Tail

This is the team’s firepower. If it gets a switch in, something WILL die if I predict right. EQ and Stone Edge are for coverage, Aqua Tail is for basically Donphan… who takes 20% more damage from it than EQ… so it’s kind of, umm, un needed. Rock Blast is there because it beats submons when Jumpluff is dead/scared off. If you think I should run Megahorn over something, tell me why. Know that I’d rather be locked into Stone Edge against an Uxsprit than Megahorn. Evs are there to outspeed Weezings that throw like 20 extra evs into the standard set… I’m taking no chances. Rest are dumped in SpD, though I might just run max speed. Thoughts apprieciated here.

Oh yeah, he’s also my trick absorber.

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Azumarill is here to take advantage of free turns from Jumpluff/be bulky. It’s a standard subpunch set. I chose to forgo Ice Punch because Venusaur and Altaria don’t threaten the team. There isn’t a whole lot to say about it. I kind of think it’s a weak link on the team, replacement mons would be helpful. It’s the only thing on my team that can beat rest talk Milotic, but that’s the extent of its usefulness imo. I’d replace it with a Poliwrath, except I’d be way weaker to Alakazam than I already am, and Aqua Jet is nice I guess.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 HP/124 Atk/176 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Registeel is essentially my rocks and utility check to a ton of stuff. It basically switches in 4-5 times, sets rocks, toxics their bulky water and ideally something else, and dies. Hp evs hit the highest lefties number +1. The SpD evs hit a bonus number, and the rest are dumped into attack. A fairly standard Registeel, but I needed toxic on the team and it had the only open moveslot.

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/160 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-o-wisp - Fire Blast for Heracross
- Sludge Bomb

As mentioned in my team building section, I was weak to Venusaur (you need at least two checks, Registeel isn’t a counter) and horribly weak to fighters (Jumpluff was the one thing that scarfmonlee DIDN’T ohko with close combat; it is a 2hko). Weezing counters both things extraordinarily well. It’s basically dead weight outside of switching into random crap and absorbing sleep powders. If anyone has a replacement idea that counters both fighting types and Venu let me know, but I’m not sure there’s anything better. As for the EVs, max out hp, 96 Def evs for a bonus point, a random speed number, and the rest in SpD.

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Morning Sun
- Extremespeed
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz

Arcanine is fairly standard. It’s my fire pokemon counter, and after it does that, it dies. Toxic is my method of dealing damage to tres, and then I morning sun stall it out. Jolly and 252 speed for the tie with other Arcanines and Houndooms. Max attack because it’s useful, and the other 4 in HP because it’s the only good place to put them. Moveset is pretty self explanatory, Flare Blitz for STAB, Espeed because priority is cool stuff, Toxic because it’s really useful, and Morning sun for Pseudo-Bulk.

So that’s my team, I feel like it’s pretty well built but still has a few issues. Thanks for reading/rating, here’s my threat list.

Top 40 Usage

Milotic – Registeel switches in and toxics/stealth rocks, if it isn’t already poisoned from Arcanine. If it’s dead, I have issues, as if it switches into a Will o Wisp. Rest talk variants are beaten by Azumarill, as with 32 pp, Focus Punch will crit eventually. The lack of electric and grass attacks and reliance on toxic to kill Milo is actually a large issue.

Venusaur – Weezing beats all versions. Registeel beats most versions if sleep clause is activated. Arcanine checks, Jumpluff can switch into leaf storm/leech seed and encore.

Spiritomb – How’d this thing get #3 usage? Registeel toxics, Rhyperior switches in on tricks, Arcanine absorbs wisps. Crotomb is destroyed by encore… and Rhyperior.

Mismagius – Jumpluff outspeeds and can sleep it/encore the sub. If it’s dead, Registeel breaks its subs with Ice Punch, but both are taken down.

Registeel – Free switch for Rhyperior. Azu sets up a sub on it, Arcanine Flare Blitzes, ect.

Arcanine – My Arc can toxic it, and switches in on all of its moveset. If it suicides while eliminating the opponent’s, that’s a success. Without Arc living, Azu can set up a sub or waterfall for an easy ko.

Uxie – Switch to Rhyperior until I know its item. If it has lefties, Registeel because getting a toxic on it cripples it, and it can’t do anything to steel.

Clefable – Rhyperior gogogo. It ohkoes and +1 Ice Beam doesn’t. Outside of him, Jumpluff can encore a support move and then Azu sets up a sub. Flare Blitz as a last resort.

Alakazam – Big threat to the team. A well played one can dissect my team, as it ohkoes nothing besides weezing, but it 2hkoes and outspeeds everything. I can play around it, but it’s a big threat.

Rhyperior – Depends on what I have in. It’s incredibly devastating when it predicts (which is why I use it), and so that’s my only weapon against it. Imo, it can destroy pretty much any team in the metagame, mine is no different. As far as revenging goes, my Rhyperior ohkoes with Aqua Tail (which any that carry sub/rock polish won’t have).

Rotom – Registeel walls it, breaks its subs, toxics it, ect. Rhyp gets a free switch in on Choiced Tbolts and gets a free attack, Arcanine outspeeds and

Ambipom – Rhyperior switches into leads. Apparently non-leads have 2% metagame usage, I’m assuming they’re baton passers/standard lead set but not a lead. Registeel beats both.

Hitmontop – Weezing go! Not that weezing ever dies, but IF it were to happen, I’d use Arcanine to Flare Blitz… I guess? Oh, and I frequently catch them on the switch into Regi with Toxic.

Houndoom – Arcanine basically beats it, and goes down with it. Azumarill can revenge.

Donphan – Azumarill can tank a couple hits and scare it away, Weezing wisps it. Another pokemon that I try to catch on the switch with a toxic.

Sceptile – Very versaTILE (lolpun). Weezing handles pretty much all variants, and Registeel/Arcanine can handle purely special sets (no, Focus Blast doesn’t kill Regi). Specstile spamming leaf storm on Weezing followed by a switch to a counter could potentially beat me I guess, as I wouldn’t have time to rest.

Blaziken – Arcanine or Weezing are my first switch in, depending on what I have in until I learn its set. Life orb are stalled out by Arcanine, choice have to be predicted around. Azumarill revenges and can even set up a sub on it.

Moltres – The reason I run Arcanine, toxic it and then stall it out… Second check is Azu, but it beats my team handily outside of Arcanine.

Kabutops – Generally in the rain, and the one rain poke that significantly threatens my team. It actually ohkoes my team in the rain, outside of weezing, who can burn it. I think it lives anyways… a threat.

Azumarill – Jumpluff used Encore. It’s Super Effective! Outside of pluff, Weezing can beat it I think. Toxic on Arc makes it unable to switch in on any of my pokemons.

Mesprit – See lead section. Non leads are… umm… probably a pivot with rocks and bolt/beam/psychic/grass knot/trick. If I see lefties I switch in Regi and toxic.

Scyther – Damn Brick Break. Rhyperior lives a BB and ohkoes/gets a free shot on whatever switches in. Arcanine scares it out, Azu does like 30% with Aqua jet, Jumpluff outspeeds and encores/statuses, Weezing basically walls it and wisps it. Idk, with spin support it can do some damage, with hit+run tactics.

Swellow – I have the two best counters in the metagame. If Registeel and Rhyperior both happen to be dead, I have priority spam along with weezing to fall back on. A non-threat.

Toxicroak – It is generally running some stat up move or subs, so I switch in Jumpluff first. This allows me to scout its set and respond accordingly. Arcanine ohkoes with Flare Blitz and can dodge Sucker Punch with Extremespeed.

Torterra – Weezing beats it. Outside of weezing, rock polish + 3 attacks variants sweep me, although Life orb recoil eventually wears it down.

Omastar – If it’s a lead it’s slept. If it’s not a lead, it can come in on 4/6 members and start spiking, though it’s setup bait for Azumarill. The team hates spikes, making it a significant threat.

Feraligatr – Weezing can live a +2 (maybe +3, idk) waterfall and burn it. Azumarill can set up a sub on DD variants and then focus punch, allowing Arcanine to revenge with Espeed. If DD + Aqua Jet were legal it might be a bit more difficult, but they aren’t. The fact that it sets up on 2/3 of my team is concerning (Assuming sleep clause is active. That said, it probably won’t be setting up on Jumpluff any time soon). I can handle any versions though.

Altaria – Jumpluff outspeeds +1 bulky Altaria and Encores it into DD. Registeel lives a +2 EQ from offensive dancer (lol) and ice punches.

Weezing – Arcanine is my only decent switch into a simple sludge bomb + wisp set, due to a lack of special attackers. It’s immune to toxic which is my main method of wall eliminating. However, it can’t switch into Rhyperior as Stone Edge 2hkoes and I have enough speed to outrun every practical variant.

Dugtrio – Generally switches into Registeel as I stealth rock. I Ice punch for the freeze chance, nothing else to do. Ice Punch ohkoes with 2 turns of LO recoil (does >80%). Would have issues killing anything else.

Claydol – Registeel can toxic and then spam rocks if they’re spinning/Ice Punch if they don’t. Azumarill beats it, Pluff encores it into rocks/spin/earth power. Weezing beats it too but stall wars suck.

Leafeon – Take your pick of Jumpluff, Registeel, Arcanine, Weezing. Literally a non-threat to the team.

Qwilfish – Leads are slept because spikes scares this team. Non-leads are probably on a rain dance team I’m guessing, but a non-lead spiker would cause issues.

Hariyama – Weezing handles it. Arcanine handles it (assuming guts > thick fat). Could potentially cause issues, but lacks the needed power to muscle through Weezing mainly.

Blastoise – Registeel walls and toxics it, and can set up rocks while it spins.

Drapion – Rhyperior earthquakes it and doesn’t care about taking a hit or two. Weezing walls + wisps it.

Hitmonlee – Weezing. Banded hitmonlee could be an issue (life orb less so because of the recoil) but still would have trouble killing weezing. Outside of weezing, scarfmonlee destroys my team.

Slowbro – Registeel used toxic. Jumpluff encored calm mind. GG slowbro. Or Rhyperior EQ’ed for like 70%. All of these are usable options.

Absol – Arcanine beats it… Jumpluff could status it I guess… Rhyperior can tank an unboosted hit probably, but could be a threat lategame.

Lanturn – Registeel used earthquake. Registeel used toxic. Registeel used earthquake again. Oh, um… uhh… subcharge is encored by Jumpluff and destroyed by Rhyperior.

Aggron (not top 40 but a huge threat that should be higher usage) – Does this thing have a reliable switch-in in uu? Hell, even in OU? Thought so. Registeel is as good as it gets, but low kick sucks. Banded Aggron is a beast… if only its typing wasn’t awful. Should easily be top 30 usage, except it’s fighting for a team slot with Rhyperior.

So yeah, there’s my threat list. Rate Please!

Hi Nails,
Solid looking team, as an NU player I know how great Jumpluff is, and I'm sure you do too!
Anyway lets get into the rate!

The biggest problem that I think you have is Registeel...I dont think it's needed. If you were to change Arcanine to a Specially defensive variant you have the special threats checked...and in Rhyperior you have that awesome Normal / Flying resistance. Try a spread on Arcanine of 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Speed Careful with your same set. With this change you lose your Stealth Rocker, but that can easily be transfered to Rhyperior, would can run a set of SR / EQ / Rock Blast / Megahorn and still be a monstrous attacking threat while being a great defensive pivot as well.

By making these specific changes you still have a bit of a weakness to Rhyperior and Kabutops on your threat list...as Arcanine fills a lot of those gaps (like Alakazam and Houndoom as long as he's healthy). This weakness could easily be covered by a defensive Grass type such as Tangrowth or Leafeon, but I worry about a potential weakness to Rain teams, which is why a Bulky Milotic is probably the better fit. This way, you can use Azumarill and Rhyperior to blow holes when it is absolutely needed, and you have the core of Milotic / Weezing / Arcanine to fall back on. I think the standard Surf / HP Grass / Haze / Recover set would work well, but if you are confident in your ability to stop set up attackers with Jumpluff perhaps you could use Ice Beam or Toxic.

Which brings me to my last point: You have SO much status going on with this team: Sleep / Para / Burn / Poision. I dont mind Burn and Poison together as their uses are largely the same, and sleep makes sense because its the lead and whatnot. Paralysis is what I dont think you will get a lot of mileage out of, as if you paralyze something you wanted Toxic'd or Burned you will be kicking yourself. Useful replacements for that slot would be Reflect or Leech Seed in my opinion.

Overall, you have a very cool team, good luck going forward!

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey, thanks a lot for the rate. #1, Registeel checks so much crap for me, and Rhyperior + status IS my offense, so both the band on rhyp and registeel are needed. Having multiple toxic users allows me to beat stall, and with simply rhyperior and switching + rocks I can wear down offense. Similarily, while I have two toxic users to beat up on stall, I have stun spore and wisp simply to beat offensive teams. That said, I'm really cautious spreading para and burns, as they aren't as powerful a status as sleep or toxic. Also, I was considering dropping stun spore for synthesis on jumpluff. If I switch in and encore a sub, then I'm not going to be able to leech seed. Jumpluff is easily worn down, and synthesis would allow it to last longer. Thoughts on this would be nice.

Also, an important thing you didn't note: Registeel is immune to toxic. While weezing is too, it can't do much except sit there and wall fighting types, Registeel has actual support options and isn't complete setup bait for everything. Registeel walls so much in uu and is such a fantastic toxic spreader that no, I'm not getting rid of it.
Removing registeel would eliminate my only good switch into Milotic too.

As far as the specially defensive Arcanine, I really have doubts he'd do the job as well. I may be underestimating his bulk, but being able to outspeed moltres is really needed. Additionally, I wouldn't be able to 2hko Houndoom without rocks if I had a defensive spread. I'll try it, but I don't think it'll serve it's role as well.

Nails

Double Threat
Oh yeah. I had hp rock to kill moltres before, but toxic fits better, so I changed it. On the team it's changed, but I'd already written up the rmt before switching to toxic.

Side note, hp rock doesn't kill full hp min/min moltres with 252 SpA and hasty.

Hi Nails its ELMO.
Pretty solid team you got there. (I should know cause you beat two of my three UU teams) The only problem I see is that you may have difficulties taking down a rest-talker especially Milotic due to it's Marvel Scale ability. You could encore a rest-talker but it will be hard to switch in against a Milotic that could possibly have Ice Beam.
A team that relies this highly on status moves such as toxic and burn could really use some kind of protect staller. You could possibly give protect to Registeel, doing so would help stall out strong attackers and give you an extra turn of leftover recovery. What move you replace for Protect is up to you though.

It's good to see a flash fire Arcanine once in a while too. Other than those suggestions, this is a very solid team.

I remember this team from R3 of the Friday tour. I think my win was largely down to Sleep Powder missing first turn, and my Alakazam.

Two huge threats to this team are Alakazam and MixTile. Alone, you can juggle between walls, then revenge them with priority. Together, they can systematically demolish your team.

To counter them, run either Spiritomb or Chansey over Registeel (who is 2HKO'd by Focus Blast anyway.) Spiritomb is simply the best Alakazam counter ever. It can remove all variants thanks to pursuit and Shadow Sneak. Alternatively, you can use Chansey. It can take all the special attacks aimed at Weezing with ease. She can utilise Wish, Stealth Rock and Aromatherapy, all of which benefit a team like yours.

I know it wasn't an issue at the time, but now Heracross is UU, I wouldn't run so many status moves. If Weezing runs Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Rest/Sleep Talk, it can check Heracross well.

Nitpick: Arcanine needs Jolly over Hasty. Hope this helped.

Nails

Double Threat
Yay, more comments!

The only problem I see is that you may have difficulties taking down a rest-talker especially Milotic due to it's Marvel Scale ability.
Azumarill's focus punch 3hkoes Milotic through marvel scale. Assuming a moveset of rest/talk/surf/beam, it can stall out milo, due to the likeliness of a crit over 32 focus punches. Milotic can't 2hko azu's subs with beam or surf, especially since most are running tons of bulk. Worst case scenario, encore them into surf and toxic to kill them while they can't heal.

Two huge threats to this team are Alakazam and MixTile. Alone, you can juggle between walls, then revenge them with priority. Together, they can systematically demolish your team.
Alakazam is a HUGE threat to this team, only arcanine and Azu can beat it, and both are crippled in the process. As for sceptile, weezing beats it, with sludge bomb 2hkoing at worst.

As far as the heracross comment, I've been running Fire Blast over Wisp since the switch, and it's been working fine. Might give flamethrower a try, but imo, every bit of damage helps.

To counter them, run either Spiritomb or Chansey over Registeel (who is 2HKO'd by Focus Blast anyway.) Spiritomb is simply the best Alakazam counter ever. It can remove all variants thanks to pursuit and Shadow Sneak. Alternatively, you can use Chansey. It can take all the special attacks aimed at Weezing with ease. She can utilise Wish, Stealth Rock and Aromatherapy, all of which benefit a team like yours.
I've been meaning to test chansey over steel. I originally didn't like the fact that it couldn't really check sub rotoms, but yeah, I'm gonna try it. It may be worse overall because of hera. Tomb can't check special attackers, which is a huge part of Regi's job (also can't lay rocks, and it only really checks fighters + psychics, who are already covered... ect)

Oh, and arcanine has jolly. See above comment

I *should* have used my RD team against this team in R1 of last Friday's tour.

It's a great team; I can't really spot many weaknesses (other than to RD); I suggest Milotic over Azumarill, but as you pointed out, Milotic wouldn't be as able to abuse Jumpluff's sleep as well as Azumarill can.

Hi there Nails solid team you got yourself bro. I have one small nitpick regarding Jumpluff. Stun spore is a great move but you have to think about the Pokemon that would actually switch into Jumpluff. Most of them don't possess too much speed and I thinki the lack of grass knot doesn't help. You can hit pokemon like Milotic right of the bat if nesscary after you sleep powder without having to switch. It also pairs well with Arcanine seeing as Rhyperior's would love to switch into him you can switch out to Jumpluff(prediciting earthquake) and grass knot for the OHKO(mos tplayers don't expect grass knot on Jumpluff) and also you 2HKO Aggron a pain in the ass.

108HP/150Sp.att/252Spped EV. Naive/Hasty.

Good luck!!
ANyhow excellent and GL.

Nails

Double Threat
Hi there Nails solid team you got yourself bro. I have one small nitpick regarding Jumpluff. Stun spore is a great move but you have to think about the Pokemon that would actually switch into Jumpluff. Most of them don't possess too much speed and I thinki the lack of grass knot doesn't help. You can hit pokemon like Milotic right of the bat if nesscary after you sleep powder without having to switch. It also pairs well with Arcanine seeing as Rhyperior's would love to switch into him you can switch out to Jumpluff(prediciting earthquake) and grass knot for the OHKO(mos tplayers don't expect grass knot on Jumpluff) and also you 2HKO Aggron a pain in the ass.

108HP/150Sp.att/252Spped EV. Naive/Hasty.

Good luck!!
ANyhow excellent and GL.
Jumpluff has absolutely no need for an attack. Literally. It loves having bulk and if it would be grass knotting, it'd be better off u-turning out to something. Stun Spore IS mostly filler, but it's still useful, and it has won games before (VERY useful endgame, when it's 2-2 and I have Jumpluff and Rhyp left. Sleep one, stun spore the other, I win). Synthesis is the only thing I might replace stun spore with.

Also, for the record, your situations are flawed. Against Rhyperior, I'd encore the EQ and spread status. Against Milotic I'd use Registeel and... spread status.

Thanks very much for the kind/thought out comments though.

I don't understand how you deal with Lum Berry or Primeape leads - I'm making them more common lul

But you have no Rapid Spinner, meaning if SR were to be layed Jumpluff can only create momentum for at least twice per game. Or aren't they a problem for you?

Another suggestion would be replacing Stun Spore with Aromatherapy. Since you don't have a cleric It could be beneficial. Since Jumpluff is the momentum starter of the team, this means it'll be switching in quite a lot, having the ability to Sleep a foe and safely heal off any burns or toxic inflicted on your sweepers will be very beneficial.

Nails

Double Threat
Hey wynought, thanks for the comments.

Lum leads are generally predictable, and easy to deal with by switching out. Primeapes are generally scarfed, and I switch out to weezing as they ice punch or uturn.

As far as aromatherapy goes, I would LOVE to have aromatherapy over stun spore... but I can't. Damn egg moves. Healing toxics off arcanine is about the only use it'd see (burns off rhyp I guess) but it would be very much appreciated. Oh, and healing status off pluff itself.

The lack of a spinner hasn't been much of an issue. Arcanine, like pluff, are used solely to check really specific threats (fires/3rd venu check, submons/earthquakes respectively) and both have lefties (arc has recovery too) so the team doesn't really mind rocks. Spikes suck, and tox spikes wreck the team (they kill half by team upon switching in), but neither are that common. Also, the best spinner I can see (blastoise over azu) doesn't really help the team outside spin, and I lose a ton of offense. It does check alakazam I think, but that's not worth losing the closest thing I have to a free kill per game.

Azumarill could hypothetically be replaced with Crawdaunt (a Water/Dark Poke, thereby rendering it a potential Alakazam counter?).

Crawdaunt @ Salac Berry/Life Orb [Your pick; I'd recommend Salac so you can have survivability]
Ability: Hyper Cutter [Oh those Intimidate-rs.]
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:
1. Dragon Dance [Dragon]
2. Crunch [Dark]
3. Waterfall [Water]
4. X-Scissor [Bug]

Reasons behind Movepool:

1. Dragon Dance increases its Attack and Speed, and gives it more leverage than other physical Waters in UU.

2. Crunch is for STAB and lowering the Special Defense of other Pokemon.

3. Waterfall is for STAB (and flinching?).

4. X-Scissor allows you to counter Grass-types and have an alternate way of killing Alakazam.

Nails

Double Threat
Alakazam frequently carries focus blast and/or signal beam. Crawdaunt does not counter alakazam, kazam ohkoes it.

What about a Spirtomb? That could surely fix your Alakazam problem, and maybe even patch up your Houndoom weakness. But there's not really a slot for it :c

What about a Spirtomb? That could surely fix your Alakazam problem, and maybe even patch up your Houndoom weakness. But there's not really a slot for it :c
Thats they issue. I helped nails build some of this team (specifically the weezing and arcanine) and we just cant figure who we would take out for tomb. I long ago suggested chansey as a possible replacement for registeel, but nails is a chansey hater, lol. I hope he does get around to testing it.

Not sure how much more i could rate since i helped build some of it >_> This was really more of a "sup Nails" post than a full rate.

Also, sup nails. : )

Nails

Double Threat
What about a Spirtomb?
Idk. I'm going to test SpD milo first, it takes ~47% MAX from modest specszam (with max/max+ hp/spdef), so it counters pretty much every set (28.4% max from timid zam, 37% if said zam has a life orb). With a slightly more conventional spread (reaching 330 SpD instead of blissey level 383 SpD), it takes 42% from lo zam's psychic, never a 2hko after rocks (not to mention lefties). However, the team falls apart against rest talk milo though who literally walls the team (i have no electric or grass attacks), which is why I'm hesitant to do it, along with the fact that azu HAS single handedly won me games before (sub is so useful). I'll get around to testing eventually (playing other tiers, school, ect).

Also, sup doom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)