Jumpluff: Whimsicott PRIME! (No, still 0.5)

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!

HP: 75
Atk: 55
Def: 70
SpA: 55
SpD: 85
Spe: 110

Abilities:
Chlorophyll: It's speed doubles during sunlight
Leaf Guard: Status effects are healed immeadiately during sun
Slip Through: This pokemon's attacks ignore the effects of Light Screen, Reflect, and Safegaurd

Important moves:

By level up:
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
U Turn
Bounce
Momento

By TM:
Substitute

By Breeding:
Encore
Cotton Gaurd
Aromatherapy

Pros:
---
-During the sun, this pokemon hit 700 speed with a positive nature and max IVs and Evs, making it the fastest subseeder in the game...before Gen V anyway.
-It's speed and typing allow it to handle other subseeders not named Venusuar, Sceptile, or Shaymin-S with ease.
-It's somewhat cute
-Gamefreak forgot to give Erufuun Sleep Powder

Cons:
---
-The existence of Erufuun
-Although base 110 speed, every single pokemon that outspeeds jumpluff will can and will kill it. In OU, Starmie and Weaville are examples. In UU, Rain dance electrodes with HP Ice.
-Weakness to stealth rock
-Generally bad attacking stats at base 55 in both areas.
In any case Jumpluff has recieved very little this generation. He was one of the few who recieved the Slip Through ability through Dreamworld. That allows him to use Sleep Powder through safeguard.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Its biggest gain this generation that I can see is Rage Powder. It also gained Cotton Guard, which raises its Defense 3 levels, helping it make better use of Rage Powder.

alphatron

While Puff can take a few hitws here and there, I don't see Cotton Gaurd working out too well. And is it confirmed to be a +3 bonus?

Really, I just see him attempting to do what he has always done in the lower tiers. Using sleep powder and subseeding, while maybe using his last move slot for Encore, Momento, or an attack to fend off other subseeders. In the upper tiers, he isn't good at all, but at least he can take satisfaction is smacking Erufuun with a STAB HP Flying.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
i think it will be best at putting poemon to sleep and using leechseed. if i'm right isn't jumpluff the fastest sleep powder pokemon.

While Puff can take a few hitws here and there, I don't see Cotton Gaurd working out too well. And is it confirmed to be a +3 bonus?
Yes, it's been confirmed. I can't see much of a use for it. 'Pluff doesn't even get Baton Pass.

Jumpluff is pretty much completely outclassed by Erufuun when it comes to SubSeeding, and, well... apart from that, the only thing it can do is spread status, which is admittedly pretty nice. (And Slip Through as a DW ability? That's completely useless. Bleh.)

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Yes, with Erufuun getting Mischievous Heart and higher base speed, poor Jumpluff is completely outclassed; nearly every single thing Pluff can do, Erufuun can do better.

In fact, the only reason I can see to use Jumpluff over Erufuun right now is Sleep Powder.

Jumpluff was already rarely used, now people wont see any reason to use him, except for the fact that he has one of the fastes, but non-accuarate sleep moves among Sub-Seeders.

As far as the Cotton Gaurd+Rage Power set goes, which is obviously for multi battles, I dont think Pluff is meant to stay and take hits. It also deosnt get BP, so it cant even pass any boosts.

Porr thing is stuck in NU-UU, Erufuun completely outclassed it.

I can't see Rage Powder being all that useful on Jumpluff. Everyone already gang attacks it in fear of the annoying options it has (or at least I do) and since it sucks for Trick Room, and the weathers are all capable of being set up by Drought, etc, it's not going to accomplish much.

Though, fast Rage Powder is worth considering, since Fake Out has equal Follow Me priority now.

I'd like to suggest a set that would only be most effective in a doubles/triples team, preferably on a Sunny Day team, though not necessary.

Jumpuff @ Leftovers / Brightpowder
Ability: Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard / Slip Through
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Sp. Atk)
EVs: 252 Spe, not sure about the rest yet, maybe in HP and either the defenses.
- Rage Powder
- Cotton Guard / Reflect
- Bounce
- Synthesis / Leech Seed / Sleep Powder / Filler

Analysis: This is very gimmicky but I think it could work. Leftovers is preferred for constant HP recovery unless you feel like gambling with Brightpowder. Ability won't matter if it's not on a Sunny Day team, but Chlorophyll over Leaf Guard if you want it to out speed with guarantee bar priority moves. Leaf Guard over Chlorophyll if you're concerned about it getting a status. Slip Through is almost useless. Max speed and increased HP and defenses, though the high speed I would consider both good and bad. Cotton Guard/Reflect first and then maybe use Rage Powder, and start using Bounce to score some free misses and wasted turns, also makes it not Taunt bait and it will at least have something to do if Rage Powder is active. Last move slot is your choice, Synthesis in Sun will restore 66% HP, very good. Leech Seed to score some free heals in between, Sleep Powder for the obvious sleep, this is basically a filler slot, heck, you can put Protect if you want to!

Still, Jumpluff is a very frail Pokemon and won't last long, maybe you can pair it up with an offensive-defensive Pokemon with acceptable attacking options and Healing Beam.

You know I just realized, Jumpluff obviously has that "cheer leading" thing happening, and it doesn't even learn Cheer Up, which it would have liked, for supporting teammates in doubles/triples of course.

Sadly theres absolutely nothing Jumpluff has over Erufuun besides Sleep Powder and safe fighting switch ins and even thats minor at best. There is honestly little to discuss besides how badly Gamefreak have screwed it over.

What Foreset said :/

Still useful in the lower tiers, but I'd probably opt for Momen in the lower tiers too c:

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hm well. With all the Sunny Day running around, Jumpluff can still find a niche with a Sleep move, Chlorophyll, and GASP Bounce. That's pretty much Jumpluff in a snap.

alphatron

Outspeeding everything except for the ridiculous idea of Choice Scarf deoxys sounds nice. But Stealth rock and a 4x weakness to Ice Shard keep me from having high hopes even then.

It's more like Erufuun is Jumpluff v10, due to the fact that it was released later and gained Mischievious Heart.
Since it is outclassed completely by Erefuun (asides from sleep), it seems fair enough to guess that Jumpluff would be placed in a lower tier. However, I don't know how much UU or NU have changed, considering the prime topic of discussion is OU.

aww... Poor Jumpluff... It still gets a fast sleep powder at least, However now it's not as good at setting up sun with drought ninetales and of course it's outclassed by eruffun. At least he gets sleep powder and rage powder.

It's more like Erufuun is Jumpluff v10, due to the fact that it was released later and gained Mischievious Heart.
Since it is outclassed completely by Erefuun (asides from sleep), it seems fair enough to guess that Jumpluff would be placed in a lower tier. However, I don't know how much UU or NU have changed, considering the prime topic of discussion is OU.
Can't there be a Pluff that can do a niche role instead of Erufuun's role?

Jumpluff @ Focus Sash
*Unlimited Pluff Works*
Ability: Slip Through
Jolly or Timid / 252 Spd / 252 Atk or Satk
- Sleep Powder
- Aerial Ace or Hidden Power [Flying]
- U-Turn
- Aromatherapy

Wont give Erufuun an inch of comfort if the 37.5% chance of turn 1 stun spore hax isn't involved.

SE STAB devastates Eru. The STAB also gives Lum Berry Machamp a harder time, while Pluff resists Dynamicpunch with 75/70 Defenses. Moreso, Slip Through completely ignores Eru's Subs and Screens so that it'll always take a heavy hit unless it switches out. U-Turn lets Pluff predict said switch and still hit Eru's weak spot if it predicts wrong.

Since Eru always moves first using Seeds and Stun and is faster than Pluff to begin with, the pokemon you switch in shouldn't ever have a status issue. Eru may be behind a sub, but having an extra U-turn/Volt Change user handy will break that sub and allow Pluff back in to troll and heal with AT. And since Eru is faster than most things, if it uses U-turn it'll switch first.

Somewhat specialized and forfeits the Chlorophyll ability, but does it's job well enough. Still has Sleep capacity, U-Turn lets it escape a bad matchup, Focus Sash lets it survive a good matchup, max speed lets it tie other base 110s and possibly get a midgame KO on weakened things with STAB, Aromatherapy provides a sacrifice so that things recover from burns or para.

Perhaps this pokemon's just destined for NU/UU regardless.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Can't there be a Pluff that can do a niche role instead of Erufuun's role?

Jumpluff @ Focus Sash
*Unlimited Pluff Works*
Ability: Slip Through
Jolly / 252 Spd / 252 Atk or Satk
- Sleep Powder
- Aerial Ace or Hidden Power [Flying]
- U-Turn
- Aromatherapy

Wont give Erufuun an inch of comfort if the 37.5% chance of turn 1 stun spore hax isn't involved.

SE STAB devastates Eru. The STAB also gives Lum Berry Machamp a harder time, while Pluff resists Dynamicpunch with 75/70 Defenses. Moreso, Slip Through completely ignores Eru's Subs and Screens so that it'll always take a heavy hit unless it switches out. U-Turn lets Pluff predict said switch and still hit Eru's weak spot if it predicts wrong.

Since Eru always moves first using Seeds and Stun and is faster than Pluff to begin with, the pokemon you switch in shouldn't ever have a status issue. Eru may be behind a sub, but having an extra U-turn/Volt Change user handy will break that sub and allow Pluff back in to troll and heal with AT. And since Eru is faster than most things, if it uses U-turn it'll switch first.

Somewhat specialized and forfeits the Chlorophyll ability, but does it's job well enough. Still has Sleep capacity, U-Turn lets it escape a bad matchup, Focus Sash lets it survive a good matchup, max speed lets it tie other base 110s and possibly get a midgame KO on weakened things with STAB, Aromatherapy provides a sacrifice so that things recover from burns or para.

Perhaps this pokemon's just destined for NU/UU regardless.
Why would you compare him to Erufuun when Jumpluff is definitely not in the same tier? Also, Aerial Ace and HP Flying aren't doing you that much with 55 Attacking stats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)