Jungian Personality Test

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i was pretty surprised because before ive always got INTP but this time i got BAMF

Took it again to back up my result:
INTJ (prev: INTJ)
Introvert: 33% (prev: 22%)
Intuition: 75% (prev: 25%)
Thinking: 62% (prev: 62%)
Judging: 22% (prev: 1%)

Someone please explain how my intuition jumped so much.

Results I agree/disagree with:
Introvert: I agree with both as they are relatively close.
Intuition: I agree with the lower number as I also rely on my senses to gather information about my surroundings.
Thinking: agree strongly with both results
Judging: agree more with the higher number as I rely more on rational judgement than irrational perception.

Sorry for long post but I do recommend taking this test again for a back-up.

I take it every now and again to see if it changes, but I always get INFP. So I'd say it's pretty accurate no matter what. ^^

i have gotten ESTJ the last two times i've taken this test (last time was probably a year ago), changed from ESTP

guys i took the test and i'm the same introvert just like all of u pls accept me

relevant

ISTJ
56% Introverted, 12% Sensing, 62% Thinking, 1% Judging
Doesn't seem too far off, though 1% seems like a negligible result...

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Your Type is:
ESTJ

The whole shebang:

Extraverted 1
Sensing 1
Thinking 12
Judging 33

You are:
slightly expressed extravert
slightly expressed sensing personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Supervisors are highly social and community-minded, with many rising to positions of responsibility in their school, church, industry, or civic groups. Supervisors are generous with their time and energy, and very often belong to a variety of service clubs, lodges, and associations, supporting them through steady attendance, but also taking an outspoken leadership role. Supervisors like to take charge of groups and are comfortable issuing orders. They are cooperative with their own superiors, and they would like cooperation from the people working under them. Rank, they believe, has its obligations, but it also has its privileges.

Comprising at least ten percent of the population, Supervisors enjoy and are good at making schedules, agendas, inventories, and so on, and they much prefer tried and true ways of doing things over speculation and experimentation. Supervisors keep their feet firmly on the ground and would like those under their supervision to do the same, whether employee, subordinate, spouse, or offspring. Supervisors have no problem evaluating others and tend to judge how a person is doing in terms of his or her compliance with, and respect for, schedules and procedures.

Supervisors are unbelievably hard-working. Even as children they are industrious, and they usually respect their parents as authority figures. In school Supervisors are often model students, dutifully following directions, doing all their homework, doing it thoroughly, and on time. Above all else, they wish to do what they are supposed to do, and they rarely question the teacher's assignments, method of instruction, standards, or authority. And their industry and perseverance only become more important to them as they grow into adulthood and take on the responsibilities of job and family.

Supervisors approach human relations along traditional lines. Marriage and parenthood are sacred to them, and they tend to have a large circle of friends, with many friendships faithfully maintained over the years. Social gatherings and ceremonies have great meaning for them, and they look forward to holiday parties, club dances, weddings, class reunions, awards banquets, and the like. In social situations, Supervisors are friendly and talk easily with others. Though they can seem a bit formal in their manners, Supervisors are pretty easy to get to know. At ease in polite company, they tend not to confuse people by sending double messages or putting on airs-what they seem to be, they are.

---------

ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority.

ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.

Tradition is important to the ESTJ. Holidays, birthdays and other annual celebrations are remembered and observed often religiously by this type. The ESTJ is inclined to seek out his roots, to trace the family heritage back to honored ancestors both for a sense of family respectability and for a sense of security and belonging.

Service, the tangible expression of responsibility, is another key focus for ESTJs. They love to provide and to receive good service. The ESTJ merchant who provides dependable service has done much to enhance her self image.

ESTJs have an acute sense for orthodoxy. Much of their evaluation of persons and activities reflects their strong sense of what is "normal" and what isn't. ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.

ESTJs promote the work ethic. Power, position and prestige should be worked for and earned. Laziness is rarely viewed with ambivalence nor benevolence by this type.

The ESTJ is outspoken, a person of principles, which are readily expressed. The ESTJ is not afraid to stand up for what she believes is right even in the face of overwhelming odds. ESTJs are able to make the tough calls.

Occupations attracting ESTJs include teaching, coaching, banking, political office, and management at all levels.

Functional Analysis:
Extraverted Thinking
ESTJs are very good at making impersonal decisions quickly, and standing by those decisions. They live in their Extraverted Thinking functioning, thus, their prime directive is in discovering that which is true and logical in the events of the real world. Circumstances calling for product invite the ESTJ to supervise or direct other individuals toward production and productivity. Extraverts are attracted to the "object," the external things and people in observable reality. This bent translates into a natural interest in goods and material objects. >
Introverted Sensing
The secondary Introverted Sensing is like that of the ISTJ, but not as strong. Si provides practical form and concept data to the Te head, however, form is not the overriding principle, especially if Thinking has already decided. In times of need, ESTJs are tempted to overlook even necessary information if its absence impedes closure. Secondary sensing sometimes translates into interest in sports. The persistence of primary Thinking gives many ESTJs a desire for discipline and regimen which can be beneficial in skills development in the arena. >
Extraverted iNtuition
As the ESTJ matures, and as situations arise which call for suspension of criticism, Extraverted iNtuition is allowed to play. Under the leadership of the Te function, iNtuition gravitates toward the discovery of broad categories which at worst amount to stereotypes. Those ESTJs who hone their Ne abilities may find success in academia. (I've encountered ESTJs whose Ne overshadows the auxiliary Si function--for whatever reason--to the extent that there is an appearance of NT radical geekism.)
Introverted Feeling
This function may rarely be expressed. ESTJs who have cultivated, or have been blessed with, a "natural indirect expression of good will by inference," have great prospects of developing genuine friendships (as opposed to ESTJs who merely act out the behavior of Extraverted Feeling). Such a weak, introverted function is best observed in facial expression, eye contact, body language, and verbally only by implication.

Famous ESTJs:

Simon Peter (Christ's disciple)
John Heywood (c.1497-c.1580, collector of English colloquialisms)
U.S. Presidents:
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
William Henry "Tippecanoe" Harrison
Franklin Pierce
Grover Cleveland
Harry S. Truman
Lyndon B. Johnson
George W. Bush
Carrie Nation
Elliot Ness
John D. Rockefeller
Bette Davis
Robert A. Taft (U.S. senator, son of Pres. Wm. H. Taft)
Sam Walton, owner and founder of WalMart stores
Barbara Stanwyck
Rev. Billy Graham
Dale Bumpers (U.S. Senator, D-Arkansas)
Phil Fulmer, head football coach of the U. Tenn Vols
Pat Head Summit, head basketball coach of the Lady Vols
Bill Frist, M.D. (U.S. Senate Majority Leader)

Fictional:

Lucy (Charles Schultz's Peanuts character)
Mrs. Harbottle (Herriott, All Creatures Great and Small)
Mrs. Rachel Lynde (Anne of Green Gables)
The Mayor (The Music Man)

i agree and disagree.

while i prefer structure rules and deadlines i dont always follow them
i am very introverted given the opportunity but if i am put into a crowd situation i dont feel uncomfortable being the center of the party, i quite enjoy it, and i like socializing with strangers

i have no interest becoming a manager in anything

also ive gotten pretty much everything you can get on this test, including INTP/J, so who knows

The thing I've never liked about this test is that a lot of the questions are ambiguous to me. I took it once and got INTP, but I also actually read up on what this is supposed to mean and I seem to fit everything except the "not offended when people disagree with you" part. But actually even that's ambiguous because I know I'm not easily offended by the actual fact of disagreement (far less than most others on Smogon, it seems), but I've run into far too much of what I see as emotional disagreement and emotional manipulation, rather than logical discourse.

I'm also very, very skeptical on the accuracy of the INTx claims of the people itt. I can acknowledge that I have a very rare personality regardless of whether someone's categorized it. This isn't to be condescending or conceited, because INTP isn't really an indicator of higher intelligence. I mean, sure, this is the internet, but this is also a social forum on a Pokemon website... seriously...

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've taken this test 3-4 times, and I always come out an ENTP. However, I barely qualify for EACH of those characteristics. I might as well be XXXX, heh. It kind of sucks every time I read anything related to what all an ENTP is suited for. It feels like it's probably not something for me, because I'm not really that type! So yeah, screw this test.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
[SIZE=+2] ENTJ

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Strength of preferences:
E =11%
N = 100%
T = 62%
J = 33%

To be honest, that sounds almost bang on for me. Intuition is one of my key traits, and the test obviously reflects that!

I've never taken this test before, but I'll be sure to redo it again in the future to see if my results change around a little!
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Results: (Note: I did this in college and I'm fairly certain I got INTJ there as well.)

INTJ
Introverted 33%
Intuitive 38%
Thinking 38%
Judging 67%

http://typelogic.com/intj.html
Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
by Marina Margaret Heiss

Profile: INTJ
Revision: 3.1
Date of Revision: 17 Oct 2009

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

http://keirsey.com/4temps/mastermind.asp
All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency -- any waste of human and material resources -- they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

For emphasis:

Jungian Analysis said:
INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.
Surreal.

Not to mention being on the same list as:

Susan B. Anthony
Lance Armstrong
Calvin Coolidge
John F. Kennedy
William F. Buckley, Jr.
C. S. Lewis
Rudy Guiliani
Katie Couric
Donald Rumsfeld
Michelle Obama
Charles Rangel
Hillary Clinton
Michael Dukakis
Arnold Schwartzeneggar

Now there's a pretty broad collection, lol.

ive taken this like 6 times and always score enfp. scored enfp again this time. any other enfp's, holla at ya boy

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Your Type is
INFP
Introverted 33
Intuitive 38
Feeling 25
Perceiving 22

When I took this in high school i got INFJ, but im pretty sure that im intp, so dgaf about this test.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
took it 4 times today

2 ENTP
1 INTP
1 ENTJ

I used to be a very strong INTP around 18 months ago, but I suppose that's changed. The NT is very expressed still, but the E/I often flip-flops and the P is rarely above 20.

i dont remember what i got and theres no way im wasting time on this again

but i think i got the same as dak or something so wait for him to post i guess
yep, we both got INFP, apparently the rarest of all 16 types

have been taking this test roughly bi-monthly over the past 4 years and i have consistently been getting this result, which i think fairly accurately mirrors most of my personality

of course not every aspect fits, but i'd say there are only very few traits that conflict with me. this test is pretty fun!

ive taken this like 6 times and always score enfp. scored enfp again this time. any other enfp's, holla at ya boy
eyyyyy

i also scored an ENFP with 11E, 31N, 88F and 22P.

i'm flattered by the keirsey description of our type, and i'd like to believe that some of those generalizations are true though i'd never interpret these results as hard and fast. i've been studying higher consciousness a lot over the summer and i've been trying to practice what i've learned in reading... i do feel like i've grown at least a little bit because of it. if anything else the results of this test sort of reflect that -- iirc previous times i've taken the test i've leaned more towards introvert, though i forget what else for the rest.

ESFJ
67% Extroverted
12% Sensing
38% Feeling
11% Judging

Last year when I took this I was INTJ, I think I was answering based on more of how I wanted to perceive myself than how I actually acted (which is how I feel a lot of people are answering this). I've become a lot more outgoing the past year, however, and I've made a lot of effort to extend my friendships to broader circles and I think I've accomplished making myself a more friendly, engaging person. Not sure how accurate this really is (a lot of the questions really depend on circumstances imo) but I'm still pleased with the result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)