kangamom giveaway itt [48hrs finished]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey, here's the backstory for this giveaway. i was breeding for a 6 iv kangaskhan for use in the battle maison, and i ended up with fourteen 5 iv spitback kangaskhans that are just taking up space in my pc. the christmas season is upon us, so i'm giving them away here rather than releasing / wonder trading them. my only stipulation is that you post your favorite song (or album, if you would rather do that) here and explain why you like it. i'm not forcing you to write tl;dr essays here (but you can, if you're inclined to do so), but please have at least two sentences describing why you like your selected song / album. include your friend code and in-game name(s) in your post, and know that you cannot request a certain iv spread.

for your efforts, you will receive this:

|

ot: Scarlett | trainer id: 58508
level: 1 | nature: jolly
ability: scrappy
ivs: see list below
evs: 0 hp / 0 atk / 0 def / 0 spa / 0 spd / 0 spe
comet punch | leer | double-edge | -----

31 / xx / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 (x1)
31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31 / 31 (x2)
31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31 (x0)
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 (x3)
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / xx (x3)

my in-game info (add my fc before you post in here!):

fc: 0173-1523-3949
in-game name: Scarlett (Omega Ruby)

Last edited:
Nice giveaway! My favorite song is Wedding Dress by Taeyang. I like the piano melody (and learned to play it) and the meaning behind the lyrics. Especially when you watch the music video, the story it tells gives me the feels every time... And there's dancing in it haha. IGN: Hikari, FC is in my signature. I have you added! :D

My favorite song is Shake it Off by Taylor Swift because it's just so catchy and infectious. I really cannot stand her music normally, but the song just completely won me over. It sounds like something Avril Lavigne would do. My in game name is Miss Penny and my Friend code is 5456 0814 0443.

If I can I am going to list my favorite Christmas song,Father Christmas by the the kinks. Old song but still relevant. Don't hear it much-my not be politically correct. I suggest you search it out and give it a listen. FC:2981-6610-5462 name:I8tokyo

My favorite song... wow... It's a little obscure but right now I am in LOVE with the song Secret of Mana: Dueling Consoles by Shnabubula. It's a remix between the dueling banjos song from Deliverance and Danger from the old SNES game Secret of Mana. The chiptune sounds from the NES and the Sega Genesis serve as the two dueling banjo parts. It's a really playful song and a bit busy at some points, but about two minutes in it becomes one of the most gorgeous songs I've ever heard and it goes into 13/4 time or something crazy like that. Yet it works. Thematically, the tune is enjoyable because Secret of Mana was a really fun game, and the Console Wars between Sega and Nintendo was a great time of competition in the video game market.

Anyway kind of a rant, but I wanted to really go into why I like the song so much right now. Oh, yeah, and the song is free online!

FC: 2380-3330-0279
IGN: Kati

*edited because it's an NES, not SNES. Whoops.

jetslover1

Banned deucer.
My favorite song is back in black by Acdc because I grew up listening to it and I can't stand the stufo from today's age.

My favourite song recently is probably
, in a break-up mood atm and getting over someone. Added your FC too.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice giveaway! My favorite song is Wedding Dress by Taeyang. I like the piano melody (and learned to play it) and the meaning behind the lyrics. Especially when you watch the music video, the story it tells gives me the feels every time... And there's dancing in it haha. IGN: Hikari, FC is in my signature. I have you added! :D
piano melodies are always a big plus in my book, so that's neato! i'll give wedding dress a listen soon :]

i also have added you and am ready to trade.
My favorite song is Shake it Off by Taylor Swift because it's just so catchy and infectious. I really cannot stand her music normally, but the song just completely won me over. It sounds like something Avril Lavigne would do. My in game name is Miss Penny and my Friend code is 5456 0814 0443.
t-swift isn't my personal cup of tea, but i can understand why people like listening to her! after all, i have quite a few irl friends who love her stuff. also, added.
If I can I am going to list my favorite Christmas song,Father Christmas by the the kinks. Old song but still relevant. Don't hear it much-my not be politically correct. I suggest you search it out and give it a listen. FC:2981-6610-5462 name:I8tokyo
mm, i'll search it out soon. sounds like an interesting christmas track. i also have added your fc.
My favorite song... wow... It's a little obscure but right now I am in LOVE with the song Secret of Mana: Dueling Consoles by Shnabubula. It's a remix between the dueling banjos song from Deliverance and Danger from the old SNES game Secret of Mana. The chiptune sounds from the NES and the Sega Genesis serve as the two dueling banjo parts. It's a really playful song and a bit busy at some points, but about two minutes in it becomes one of the most gorgeous songs I've ever heard and it goes into 13/4 time or something crazy like that. Yet it works. Thematically, the tune is enjoyable because Secret of Mana was a really fun game, and the Console Wars between Sega and Nintendo was a great time of competition in the video game market.

Anyway kind of a rant, but I wanted to really go into why I like the song so much right now. Oh, yeah, and the song is free online!

FC: 2380-3330-0279
IGN: Kati

*edited because it's an NES, not SNES. Whoops.
wow. this is the kind of answer i'd have given! big ups to you, and thanks for the recommendation. i'll definitely give this a listen soon.

i also have added your fc.
My favorite song is back in black by Acdc because I grew up listening to it and I can't stand the stufo from today's age.
yo music defener, i need your fc and in-game name if you want a kangamom.

on the topic of music, don't use nostalgia for the music you grew up with as a reason to hate on today's music. that just makes you sound like an ignorant ass. there is much more out there than what's commonly played on the radio, so you should be able to find something that you like if you look hard enough. this image should be a decent starting point for you. /endrant
My favourite song recently is probably
, in a break-up mood atm and getting over someone. Added your FC too.
this is the kind of music my cousins would like! thanks for the recommendation, and i hope you get better soon. added!

Space jam was bes movie
mega man was an alright guy
1865 - 0156 - 4272 / IGN Zom
dude, i never knew i wanted this. thank you for posting this video.

oh yea, i added your fc.

i forgot to do this in the op, but here's my favorite track:
i'm a big dnb fan, and i love the deep liquid sound that etherwood has in all of his tracks and remixes. you can play this at a club setting and get the crowd going, and at the same time, you can just lay down and space out while listening to this. beautiful dnb, and it definitely proves that there's more to dnb than just heavy, aggressive beats.

also, if you're online, i can trade with you now.

e: i got to z0mOG, .Zayne, MagnusArcanum, leathal6, and Cipher Admin Lovrina. i'll update the op soon to note which kangamoms were taken.

Last edited:
Wow, dude, just saying that the Etherwood track is so damn amazing. I remember when the album was released, that's more than a year ago now, around the time I started uni. I had to travel 1 hour there and then back again, but chilling in the train listening to this song and watching autumn trees go by... felt really relaxing and while it's just a small thing, it's something I'll not forget that quickly. It was just so fitting. =D

This year, as well, has been quite good with regards to dnb releases although I probably missed a bunch of good stuff... yeah, just wanted to say that the Etherwood LP was pretty damn amazing, not interested in the giveaway right now, I'll let the other user get some kangamoms :'D

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ah, music. One of my favorite styles of music is rich, energetic (but not generically 'epic') soundtracks with prominent violins. My favorite composers, therefore, include Yoko Shimomura, Hans Zimmer, Austin Wintory, E.S. Posthumus, TAMusic, The Synthetic Orchestra, and Yanni (What?). If I had to choose one piece, I'd choose the original rendition of The 13th Reflection from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix soundtrack.

Yoko Shimomura does a fantastic job at making multilayered music--I use that term to refer to music that is not just a leitmotif over harmonies. The piece alternates the melody between string instruments, trombones, piano, and harp depending on the section, yet all of the parts stay with the active tempo and give the piece a sense of direction. I wish I knew more about the musical intervals used in the piece, since, to me, they give the piece the depth I find lacking in many other pieces of music. In addition, I like how the piece is used as a boss theme but doesn't resort to standard orchestral instruments and dramatic rises and falls to invoke intensity.

I'm not sure if this is the sort of response you're looking for. :P I enjoyed writing this description because I enjoy this sort of music a lot.

My Friend Code is 0946-3474-1095, and my in-game name is Quanyails. I'll be sleeping in a short moment, so I'll try to trade tomorrow or later--unless you happen to be on right this moment. :)

Last edited:
3609 1348 9692
IGN: Lucy
I have two favorite songs, Black Widow by Iggy Azalea and Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheetan. The former because it's really dramatic and stuff. That and it's by Iggy. The latter because it's so romantic and the lyrics... and the music vid.

One of my favorites song is from an anime lol, called Gintama. The name of the song is Let's Go Out by AMOYAMO

I just feel happy and gives me energy while listening to it :3

I would love one of these, especially for breeding a perfect one with the friend ball. So my fave song is this -

Ive noticed that whenever this is played it makes people happy, and it does the same for me. Theres something about the cheesy 80s synth and the euphoric chorus that means I cant listen to it without smiling and wanting to dance. Ive actually started singing this on a train once and the whole train carriage started singing along with me.

FC is 0490 5935 2418 and ign Harry

Ilikebugs

WGO 3rd Place
My favorite song is this is my wish by Kevin Ross. It's about the holidays which is quite appropriate at this time,and it is quite catchy. I actually first heard this on a commercial so I decided to look up the lyrics. I somehow did not have an idea for my media project, but I learned it to do my project, and it stuck with me ever since!

FC:4141-4770-0671
IGN:Dawnash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)