Let's Play! Kanto Turn Back! (A Pokémon Red Nuzlocke Challenge)

Episode #31: Slumber Party
What? This is still a thing?! Well, sure - why not? It's not like I have anything else going on in my life. So we resume the PokeMadness, as Tybalt heads down south towards Fuchsia City. Incidentally, Fuchsia is a terrible word to try and spell. You know what else is terrible? Sleep-inducing shenanigans! Aaargh!!

Episode #32: Odds & Ends
Now the proud owner of a big, smelly Snorlax, Tybalt struts his stuff further south down Route 12. He's sporting the most impressive roster he has had since beginning this miserable journey, but danger lurks around every corner, and within every patch of grass. Beware...!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Episode #36: The Gym of False Advertising
Leaving the Safari Zone with little more than a dirty old Parasect, Tybalt heads to the Fuchsia City gym to take his anger out on all of the poison-type trainers there. At least, that was his plan, except there appears to be absolutely no poison-type trainers in this particular gym whatosever.
Check out the highlights here!
27AA3833-C1EE-45F7-A4D9-47B7D7AFA07D.jpeg

I give you credit as I see how much effort you have put into this.

From 2 years ago, till now, I am so happy for you!

You do have an audience, and you put the videos together very well.

Off to the Seafoam Islands.

P.S. A little tip that saves... so much time.

If you Surf downwards from Pallet Town, you will end up at Cinnabar Island, and you can skip the Seafoam Islands (or at least work backwards for Articuno), once you surf from Cinnabar Island to Seafoam.

It saved me so much time!

View attachment 166836

I give you credit as I see how much effort you have put into this.

From 2 years ago, till now, I am so happy for you!

You do have an audience, and you put the videos together very well.

Off to the Seafoam Islands.

P.S. A little tip that saves... so much time.

If you Surf downwards from Pallet Town, you will end up at Cinnabar Island, and you can skip the Seafoam Islands (or at least work backwards for Articuno), once you surf from Cinnabar Island to Seafoam.

It saved me so much time!
Thank you so much, dude. It has always felt a little bit like shouting into the void, so I am so incredibly appreciative of hearing something back every now and then. I just may take you up on the Cinnabar shortcut! If nothing else, it gives me an opportunity to nab some extra 'mons and XP early before hunting for Articuno. :D

Episode #37: Cycling With Seaking
The Cycling Road is a fun and healthy way to move quickly across the Kanto plains. Most people attest to how enjoyable it is to whiz down its steep slope at a fantastic pace, though far fewer seem to boast about going uphill. There's a reason. Here is the reason.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Thank you so much, dude. It has always felt a little bit like shouting into the void, so I am so incredibly appreciative of hearing something back every now and then. I just may take you up on the Cinnabar shortcut! If nothing else, it gives me an opportunity to nab some extra 'mons and XP early before hunting for Articuno. :D

Episode #37: Cycling With Seaking
The Cycling Road is a fun and healthy way to move quickly across the Kanto plains. Most people attest to how enjoyable it is to whiz down its steep slope at a fantastic pace, though far fewer seem to boast about going uphill. There's a reason. Here is the reason.
If you ever trade to Gen 2, trade your Seaking with Waterfall. I used that trick so I wouldn’t need the HM Waterfall, and it was a great shortcut for that as well.
;)

Episode #39: Crime Time
After what feels like years but is canonically probably only a week, Tybalt arrives at Kanto's mecca, Saffron City. He'd sure like to take in all of the wonderful sights and sounds, however there's trouble afoot - Team Rocket have invaded Silph Co!! They're all about drug, crimes and slime, but they're about to meet their match!

Last edited:
Episode #47: Don't Mansion It
Are we to believe that Tybalt has been squatting in a burnt out mansion for the past two months? It's not that hard to believe, really, but it's finally time for him to be evicted as he searches for the missing key to the Cinnabar Island Gym. We've been slowed by technical difficulties, but fear not! We'll get by on technicality, ohohoho...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)