Quality Control Keldeo (CM + Taunt) (Fighting) QC:[0/3]

[OVERVIEW]

Fighting
========
* Keldeo can use Taunt and Calm Mind to become a Stallbreaker and take advantage of passive Pokemon to become a dangerous setup sweeper.

[SET]
name: Stallbreaker (Fighting)
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Hydro Pump
move 4: Secret Sword
item: Waterium Z / Leftovers
ability: Justified
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========
* Taunt allows Keldeo to stop opposing walls like Mantine and Mandibuzz from Defogging or using recovery moves.
* Calm Mind boosts Keldeo’s attacking power and allows it to be able to take on walls like Celesteela. This also allows you to take some hits better from special attacking revenge killers like Gengar.
* Hydro Pump is used to wallbreak defensive walls like Mega Sableye and Zapdos.
* Secret Sword is used as Keldeo’s secondary STAB attack that hits specially defensive Pokemon harder thanks to it scaling damage to the physical defense stat rather than the special attack stat.

Set Details
========
* Maximum investment in Speed and Special Attack with a Timid nature allow Keldeo to hit as hard and fast as possible.
* Waterium Z allows Keldeo to use a powerful 185 BP Hydro Vortex.
* Leftovers can be used over Waterium Z on Keldeo in the event that Kommo-o is on the same team as it. This allows you to have passive recovery while still being a dangerous wallbreaker.

Usage Tips
========
* Keldeo should ideally be used to poke holes through the enemy team so that its teammates can clean up, so taking out key walls like Mega Sableye and Zapdos is very important.
* Keldeo can force out opposing Pokemon by bluffing a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf, allowing you to get a free turn to set up Calm Mind.
* This set excels at punishing common Defog users like Mandibuzz and Mantine from using Defog to remove your rocks, prevent them from recovering health, and stop them from using status moves to hinder Keldeo’s usefulness.
* Be sure to use Taunt on an incoming Defogger or wall so that you can either force them out or KO them easier. Doing this allows you to deal with Pokemon like Celesteela and Toxapex easier as you prevent them from using status moves on you, allowing you to get more Calm Mind boosts.
* Try to preserve your Z-move on a wall that your team struggles to beat, as you don't want to waste it on a Pokemon that could have been KO'd from one of your assisting Pokemon.
* Avoid getting any form of status ailment, as they wear down your effectiveness throughout the match and can limit the amount of times Keldeo can come in.

Team Options
========
* The entire team appreciates Keldeo's ability to stallbreak Pokemon like Toxapex and prevent them from passing around status ailments.
* Terrakion works very well with Keldeo as it can revenge kill threats to Keldeo like Tornadus-T, Mega Pidgeot, and Tapu Koko with a Choice Scarf set. Keldeo in return gets rid of walls like Celesteela and Mega-Sableye so that Terrakion can have an easier time sweeping.
* Kommo-o is an amazing sweeper that appreciates Keldeo's ability to act as a stallbreaker so that it can run more moves like Dragon Dance or a seperate coverage move to further sweep opposing teams.
* Cobalion supports Keldeo with Stealth Rocks and slowing down threats like Greninja with Thunder Wave. It also uses its Steel-typing and decent defenses to help take hits for Keldeo.
* Breloom provides support in its ability to put opposing Pokemon to sleep, allowing Keldeo to find more opportunities to set up Calm Mind.
* Buzzwole and Heracross both help revenge kill Psychic-Types with their Bug-type STAB moves. Buzzwole in particular has good coverage moves in Earthquake and Ice Punch as it helps get rid of checks to Keldeo like Tapu Koko after Stealth Rock damage and always forces out Landorus-T. Heracross on the other hand, helps Pursuit trap choice locked Pokemon like Latios and Choice Scarf Victini, who would both serve as threats to Keldeo.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Fighting
--------
* Keldeo can run Scald with Leftovers if one is worried about both Hydro Pump's shaky accuracy and not using a Z-move on Kommo-o.

Checks and Counters
===================

Fighting
--------
* No additional checks or counters

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Namranan, 353292]]
- Water analysis by: [[Namranan, 353292]]
- Quality checked by: [[x, ******], [x, ****** ], [x, ******]]
- Grammar checked by: [[x, ******], [x, ******]]

Last edited:

Decemm

sweet sixteen
is a Tiering Contributor
am check implement whatever you agree with

[Set]
- im sure this is just a mistake from accidentally clicking sacred sword in the teambuilder but throw the 4 attack into spdef
- mention that hydro pump is keldeos stab. porygon2 is also a poor example of what hydro pump can hit over secret sword considering secret sword hits porygon2 harder and hydro pump can miss
* Taunt allows Keldeo to stop opposing walls like Mantine and Mandibuzz from Defogging or using recovery moves.
- fix the typo

Usage Tips
----------------
* Be sure to use Taunt before using your Z-move on a wall, as you don't want to waste it on a Pokemon that can take the attack.
- im iffy on this. like say i have my zapdos out vs a set up keldeo. id want to use discharge / volt switch on it over roosting to deal some damage and fish for a para and the keldeo may want to attack me to try to knock me out before i can get an attack off especially if they have their z move intact or if zapdos is chipped
- therefore, id probably separate this into 2 bullets: one talking about when to use taunt and one talking about when to successfully launch z hydro pump
- in the taunt bullet, i think you should mention how using taunt stops haze users such as mantine from wiping its boosts away and pokemon such as celesteela from clicking status moves to cripple keldeo especially since you talk about keldeo hating being inflicted with status earlier on in the analysis

Team Options
----------------
- keldeo doesnt really struggle with staraptor at all. hydro pump pretty much knocks staraptor out after rocks chip / a calm mind boost while choice scarf staraptor sees negative usage
- talk about choice scarf terrakion in particular as a partner to keldeo as it can revenge kill stuff that keldeo hates dealing with such as tapu koko mega diancie and tornadus t while serving as speed control for the rest of the team, considering terrakion and keldeo are fightings primary scarfers. you already imply that the terrakion is choice scarfed seeing as you mention it revenge killing tornadus t either way

Other Options
----------------
- i think scald with leftovers deserves a mention here

maroon

Snow in California
is a Tiering Contributor
am check implement whatever you agree with

[Set]
- im sure this is just a mistake from accidentally clicking sacred sword in the teambuilder but throw the 4 attack into spdef
- mention that hydro pump is keldeos stab. porygon2 is also a poor example of what hydro pump can hit over secret sword considering secret sword hits porygon2 harder and hydro pump can miss
- fix the typo

Usage Tips
----------------
* Be sure to use Taunt before using your Z-move on a wall, as you don't want to waste it on a Pokemon that can take the attack.
- im iffy on this. like say i have my zapdos out vs a set up keldeo. id want to use discharge / volt switch on it over roosting to deal some damage and fish for a para and the keldeo may want to attack me to try to knock me out before i can get an attack off especially if they have their z move intact or if zapdos is chipped
- therefore, id probably separate this into 2 bullets: one talking about when to use taunt and one talking about when to successfully launch z hydro pump
- in the taunt bullet, i think you should mention how using taunt stops haze users such as mantine from wiping its boosts away and pokemon such as celesteela from clicking status moves to cripple keldeo especially since you talk about keldeo hating being inflicted with status earlier on in the analysis

Team Options
----------------
- keldeo doesnt really struggle with staraptor at all. hydro pump pretty much knocks staraptor out after rocks chip / a calm mind boost while choice scarf staraptor sees negative usage
- talk about choice scarf terrakion in particular as a partner to keldeo as it can revenge kill stuff that keldeo hates dealing with such as tapu koko mega diancie and tornadus t while serving as speed control for the rest of the team, considering terrakion and keldeo are fightings primary scarfers. you already imply that the terrakion is choice scarfed seeing as you mention it revenge killing tornadus t either way

Other Options
----------------
- i think scald with leftovers deserves a mention here
Namranan please fully implement Decem's amcheck then tag me and ill drop a check!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)