Kevin's Crew [Oklahoma City Thunder!]

A typical OU team I made while playing some PO. I created this based off of teams that I saw and teams that I have already created.
It'll most likely need a lot of tweaking but it's been working well ever since it's creation. And I present to you my first ever RMT.

At A Glance

--------------------

Beyblade @ Life Orb

Adamant
Technician
252 Hp 252 Atk 4 Def
- Fake-out
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

Hitmontop is an interesting Pokemon. I wanted to start with a good anti-lead which wasn't Lucario, Gengar, or Dragonite. He fills a good niche on the team with two priority moves, both boosted by a god given ability which just makes him pack that much more of a punch. Close combat is for bulkier targets such as Machamp where mach punch wouldn't do the job. Sucker punch is there to hit Gengar, Chandelure, and other pesky ghosts that are switched in to rain on my parade. Overall, top hits hard and does his job well.

Kevin @ Life Orb

Jolly
Hustle
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 Hp
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

I started with Durant just because of the fact that it's awesome. A fast steel type that learns hustle? Count me in. Durant does well, only considering the fact that he receives one Hone Claw boost. Hustle along with a life orb creates a hard hitting bug which covers majority of the new OU tier. Although hustle sacrifices accuracy for attack damage, Gamefreak decided to bless this tank with an accuracy increase move, to counter the now horrid accuracy of stone edge without a boost. After one hone claw, Durant receives 712 attack which can plow through unprepared teams.

Blue Bird @ Expert Belt

Timid
Levitate
252 SpA 252 Spd 4 Hp
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire

Latios serves the purpose of being a strong special sweeper, although it can also work as a revenge killer. Latios runs expert belt, with this, it hopefully tricks my opponent into believing it is choice.
Thunderbolt is there to hit bulky waters and to dominate Gyarados. Draco Meteor is a strong stab move, as it hits Hydreigon, Dragonite, Salamence, Etc. and it ALWAYS kills.
Surf hits fire types like the ever-so-common Heatran and a Chandelure hoping to get in a shadow ball. Hidden Power Fire is used in order to kill common walls and threats such as Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn.

Cleric @ Eviolite

Bold
Natural Cure
252 Hp 252 Def 4 Spe
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

Blissey's little sister, a lot to say here..... not. Typical wall and wish support, used to heal the recoil damage of Life Orb on the rest of the team. Toxic is there to outstall other opponents while protect scouts out my opponent's pokemon. Seismic Toss is used for some flat damage on top of Toxic. Chansey holds the eviolite in order to boost it's pitiful defense, this allows it to take the punishment of a fighting move and live, where Blissey would not.

Swagshire @ Leftover

Relaxed
Unaware
252 Hp 252 Def 4 SpD
- Recover
- Scald
- Curse
- Earthquake

Quagsire, what a beast. With the introduction of unaware into this little guy's life I immediately fell in love with it. Able to tank Pokemon which are set-up is a niche which not a lot of Pokemon can fill. Quag runs Recover to shed off unwanted damage and to help Chansey with some stall power. Scald is used over surf for the occasional burn, which can be very helpful against those set-up sweepers. Yawn is used to stop strong sweepers in their tracks while I switch and set up in their faces, or it could force a switch :P Earthquake is there for some damage, as I couldn't find anything else to put there due to a strong STAB move.

Buggy @ Choice Scarf

Adamant
Levitate
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 Hp
- U-Turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Flygon is one of my favorite Pokemon, its also a beast. People say Chompy outclasses it in every way possible, but I beg to differ. Flygon has the ability to dodge ground type moves, which can be a great asset to the team. It runs the only set it can run with it's mediocre stats, as it out-speeds majority of dragons and one hits them with a STAB outrage. U-turn is available for scouting enemy teams for possible counters while earthquake is used for strong STAB. Fire Punch is used to counter everything that Latios doesn't.

Because this is dream world, Latios is able to hold soul dew as its item. If you are unfamiliar with it, it gives Latios a free calm mind boost, increasing both its SpA and SpD by one stage. This is so much better than expert belt, so you should definitely switch them.

On Latios, I would recommend changing surf to dragon pulse. It is very risky to run draco meteor as your only dragon move, as it gives your opponent a free set up turn if they play right. Shandera is OHKO'ed by dragon pulse after the soul dew boost, so surf doesn't help. Heatran walls you without surf, but the rest of your team deals with Heatran really well (Heatran can't touch Chansey, and Flygon, Quagisre, and Hitmontop all threaten with super-effective attacks.)

Is thunder fang serving a specific purpose for Durant? It is really weak, and it doesn't seem to be contributing much. I know that Durant's movepool is very limited, but iron head provides a reliable STAB attack.

This is a pretty good team, so good luck with it.

On Quagsire, maybe Earth Power can be used over Earthquake.

Iron Head>Thunder Fang on Durant, its STAB, and that's about it.

Because this is dream world, Latios is able to hold soul dew as its item. If you are unfamiliar with it, it gives Latios a free calm mind boost, increasing both its SpA and SpD by one stage. This is so much better than expert belt, so you should definitely switch them.
Soul Dew is completely unavailable in B/W, even the dream world. It just doesn't exist, so therefore it's illegal.

You bitch! You totally stole my Kevin Durant joke!

How about trying Curse on Quagsire instead of Yawn so you can set up without switching?

I might have more to suggest later.

Soul Dew is completely unavailable in B/W, even the dream world. It just doesn't exist, so therefore it's illegal.
Next time you speak, make sure you understand what you are talking about:
1) Soul Dew is in BW's game code, it just hasn't been released
2) Dream World is for everything that does not exist in game, but is able to.

Changes in red.

I tried out some of the changes and they worked well. With PBC's recent ban of Latios I've been trying to find a new special sweeper, I tried out a Specs Raikou which worked out until i started running into fast ground types, any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)