XY UU Khan's UU Team (I need some help)

Is this team good or bad?

• Total voters
I have been playing OU, UU, and some NU/RU since X and Y came out. Just looking for some advice on my team and looking for ideas on the last poke I should add to my team. (this is my first RMT)

Darmanitan@Choice Scarf (6iv)
252 atk 252 spe 6 hp
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Jolly
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Flare Blitz

This is pretty common for darmanitan. Jolly Choice Scarf outspeeds most UU pokemon and does the job. All of darmanitans moves on this set other than U-turn utilize Sheer Force. Flare Blitz gets STAB and superpower and rock slide provide great coverage. If your opponent sends out a threat (Hippowdon, Aqua Jetters, Etc.) you can easily U-turn out into Milotic, Roserade, or Forretress.

Forretress@Rocky Helmet (5iv - sp.atk)
252 def 252 hp 6 sp.def
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

This guy is pretty much just to take physical hits and set up hazards (also clear out hazards). I dont have a 0 speed iv which makes gyro ball do a lot less ): Any Suggestions on what to run instead?

Honchkrow@Life Orb (6iv - sp.atk)
252 spe 252 atk 6hp
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Adamant
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Roost

Honchkrow has brought me from 2:6 to 2:2 in battles before as it is very powerful once it gets the +1 from moxie. Brave Bird and Sucker Punch are great STAB moves (sucker punch taking care of choice scarf users) and roost is good for people who try to predict sucker punch as well as healing back recoil from brave bird and life orb (which racks up very quickly). Pursuit I don't find myself using much on honchkrow. Should I keep it? Any suggestions?

Milotic@Sitrus Berry (6iv)
252 sp.def 252hp 6 def
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Bold
- Dragon Tail
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

My goal for this milotic was to be a good special wall while also having good defense while asleep. Dragon Tail is good to get threats out or sweepers, scald can burn (its scald xD), Sleep Talk and rest are self explanatory. Some say that the rest milotic set sucks because you never know what you get out of sleep talk, but I still use and and it works fine. If you can give reason to use any other set please do tell.

Roserade@Life Orb (5iv - atk)
252 sp.atk 252 spe 6 hp
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Rest
- Toxic Spikes

I just recently got this roserade and it has been decent in battle. Rest combined with natural cure makes this a decent lead since you can rest then switch into either forretress or milotic. Giga Drain is good STAB with absorbing power, Sleep Power is good for reeking havoc, rest is self explanatory, and toxic spikes rake up toxic damage late game. I hear that some thing that Technician Roserade is better but I have never used it so idk. Opinion on this guy?

That is it for this team. I am looking for another poke to add to this team, I have many BR UU pokes accessible to me so i'd like some recommendations on that as well as what my team needs for improvement/ anything you might think would do better. Thanks:mad:

Hiya! Just want to let you know that you need to post a full team or your thread might be locked =/ check out the RMT Rules here for more information
Now... onto the rate! Here's some suggestions that might help:
  • As a quick note, you don't need 6 EVs in any stat. EVs raise a stat in increments of 4, so have 4 EVs in a stat is the same as having 7. Also, make sure that all your specially-based Pokemon have 0 IVs in Attack, to lower damage from confusion and moves like Foul Play.
  • On Forretress, I would suggest going for Volt Switch over Gyro Ball. Volt Switch allows you to gain momentum over a battle, and can let you safely switch out of certain threats while letting a teammate switch in safely.
  • I would suggest replacing Milotic with Suicune if you're looking for a viable RestTalker:
    Suicune @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    As the bread-and-butter CroCune set, this set leaves little to explain. The EVs are invested in HP for bulk and Defense only because, after several Calm Minds, Suicune is up to par as a mixed wall. Scald is Suicune's best STAB, allowing it to punish physical attackers with the burn chance. Finally, RestTalk closes off the set to allow Suicune to absorb hits and statuses with ease.
  • I believe your team would need a good special attacker to close it off, so I'm going to suggest using either Alakazam or Raikou
    Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power Fire/Energy Ball
    This set serves to capitalize on Alakazam's immense offensive presence as a special sweeper. Life Orb + Magic Guard is a terrifying combination that means no recoil, and Timid is used to outspeed certain threats. Psychic is Alakazam's most powerful STAB that rams through most Pokemon, although it can be substituted with Psyshock (however, the purpose of this set is to act as a special sweeper, so Psyshock may not be the ultimate choice). Focus Blast is a great coverage move to hit Steel and Dark Types, and Shadow Ball and HP Fire cover the rest of Alakazam's weaknesses while inundating its array of coverage. You can possibly opt to use Energy Ball over HP Fire to hit Rock Types that your team is somewhat weak to, but HP Fire is probably the best choice. Alakazam can potentially switch into Psychic Pokemon that threaten Roserade, and Forretress can allow it to switch in safely to any Pokemon to allow Alakazam to sweep.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
    EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Extrasensory
    This set acts as a special sponge that can dish out damage at a more grand scale. Assault Vest is a great item that allows Raikou to take special hits better, and Timid is run to outspeed threats. Thunderbolt is the best, spammable STAB of Raikou, and Volt Switch is added to form a larger VoltTurn core with Darmanitan and Forretress. HP Ice is a great coverage move against Ground types, and Extrasensory finishes the set to hit Poison types like the Nidos hard. Raikou can absorb any Electric move towards Milotic with ease, as well as checking Flying types that threaten Roserade.
That's about it for now from me, but keep in mind that you don't have to follow through with all of these suggestions.
Good luck on your team! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)