SM NU Kicks

Introduction
Now I'm mostly known for building random teams (with mostly random mons), I decided I wanted to build an actual team for once. I've been basically ''maining'' NU for the better part of a year, and you'd think it wouldnt be hard, but hell, this was much harder than expected.

Overview
I've always been a big fan of fatter teams, and I saw lax mention vapo+diancie as a cool defensive core. Always been a big fan of vapo, even with its obvious holes, and just went along with the team. I know enough to say that a team without at least one ice and one freezedry resist sucks (and if u have one of those, delete it right now.) and I picked an underrated (insane) wallbreaker in magmortar as the third piece of the puzzle. Next, an obvious choice in the meta, venusaur. you will hardly ever find a situation in which you can't fit some sort of venusaur onto the team. Because i was set on running fight z magmortar the only real question was, as if to make this spdef or some choiced variant, and after seeing specs venu do some mad stuff, I decided to roll with that. Magmortar definetly requires solid removal, and I feel like steelvally is almost unrivaled in that regard, especially with good wish support. to finish off i wanted some speed control and rotom is imo one of the best ones to do that job.

Zoomed-in

SHANEGOAT (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]/ Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

I'm aware this might be a weird first pick for the team, but as I said, the idea was to build something w the defensive core of vaporeon+this in mind. Diancie does all the basic stuff. Gets rocks up against xatu, switches into sneasel, acts as the houndoom/delphox/fire type answer if I'm not feeling like going into vapo. in general this things bulk is quite amazing, being able to take on stuff like stoutland on sand (as long as its not some unset.) and sponge special hits like its nobodys job. Stabs are self explanatory, diamond storm gives you a good way of killing xatu, and ohkos cyrogonal if thats worth a mention, and moonblast is just a great move to click, even from a defensive mon (because its power even then, isn't to be understimated). It was initially earthpower, to catch steels on the switchin, and weakening then for venusaur, but after Shaneghoul faced 2 ferros in his NUL series, we both thought that hp fire on either venu or this might be a better pick, just to weaken it easier.
oh and its also named after the coolest person on this site.

zfish (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

second part of the defensive backbone of this team. man I love this thing. the bulk it has is so crazy good, wishes are massive, the only real problem is obviously that it chews momentum like nothing else. gives croak and every grass type a free switchin, and being a mon that's hard to fit onto any build really unless you really wanna build around it specifically, which I did. scald to catch some sweet burns on stuff like klinklang and such and toxic was picked over healbell, because i really didnt feel the need to have a cleric on the team. w toxic it becomes much less passive, and in turn, much more annoying.
this name was inspired by someone I've grown to like soo much thanks to lucian. ty zben for being a cool dude.

durzaontopic (Magmortar) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Substitute/ Taunt

don't even get me started on this thing. I love this thing so much in the current meta, even with stuff like gigalith and diancie running around (which there will be a way to handle in a minute). the first 3 moves on this thing are pretty set. stab, way to handle waters and way to handle rock types. fightinium Z was picked as the item of choice to not miss against gigaliths and houndooms pivoting in, and also getting a safe (37.1 - 43.7%) off on diancie in times of need. the interesting pick here is definetly sub, in the many games I've played with this about a million ppl tried to pivot in with their slowbro, then act accordingly, if you catch the bro w a tbolt, you are essentially always subbing for p much free, and you really don't wanna face a magmortar behind a sub, if you have to pivot into your bro in the first place. taunt easens stuff like type:null or audino matchups, but I felt like both of those were becoming lesser picks in the meta, and I've honestly not faced many of them, and usually you'll have a way to handle them in the end anyway.
I can't tag your because smogon sucks but this one goes to you durza.

ted (Venusaur) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain/ Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

thx to this, i can throw this team out in about a week, but still, let's get this thing done. incredible wallbreaker in the right matchups and even in the wrong ones tbh. Energy Ball is / because it has a really good chance to ohko stoutland in overgrow, which came in handy in a replay you'll see at the end. stabs, hp psychic for the moderatly therating toxicroak, and catching opposing venusaurs and golbats. this is p much it for this monster.
credits to the name go to you teddeh (f smogon for not letting me tag still.)

eternadog (Silvally-Steel) @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
- Multi-Attack

defogger, whims switchin, secondary ice cream answer, diancie switch in, gains momentum for my 2 breakers, dents ferroseed, another klinklang answer (because you can't underestimate that thing, ever.). interesting pick here is multi-attack>toxic, basically, the idea is: dent diancies that brainlessly stay in, or just switch in. diancie blocks parting shot, which is why I've seen a decent amount of ppl just go hard into it, and if you do that, you get your diancie weakend to the point of mag just going crazy, with (probably) not many ways of stopping it. same goes for gigalith, which you can chip really well.
this is your spot good tl eternalol

yogiswears (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick/ Defog

last piece of the puzzle. this thing, again, gets momentum for my breakers, acts as the speed control, cleaner/revenge killer, and even stops the occasional blastoise from spinning which is nice.
ruby matoi finds himself as the last user deserving of a nick

Threats

as I stated, vapo gives this thing infite free switches, and there is no concrete plan to handle it once it comes in, this might be a good reason to run ep diancie probably, but u gotta pick your poison, usually you try to revenge the (good set) adamant croaks with venu or like weaken it with rotom if its the (good set) bullet punch.

no electric immunity is an obvious flaw but helio is kinda bad, and even then u handle it just fine in most cases.

quite the troublesome trio, sandslash runs over the team. I'll have a replay in the end, w that exact matchup, which I did outplay w some rather idiotic and insane plays but even then, this is annoying.

SHANEGOAT (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
zfish (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

durzaontopic (Magmortar) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

ted (Venusaur) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

eternadog (Silvally-Steel) @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
- Multi-Attack

yogiswears (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

I can't tag y'all but who really cares:
nu mans: shaneghoul, kay, eternally, poh, yogi, z+v, abejas, wertzu (unname),adaire, (silent shoutout to dead user: lucianvega), starblim, doctor waters, carcy, AND THE OLD MAN OFC
team austria: za, mael, beds, mj, astoria, george, dnb, etc. lfgi
hc gods: scheff, ar, zben, ed, mysterious m, melle numbers, akiko, and etc dude i cba rofl
mdl mans: slap, scheff again cuz he'll be mad if i dont mention him 7 times, fille, PLASGOATBY
the rhydons: you are some of the coolest ppl I've been around, I'm truly thankful
oh and grenwarrior for being the greatest disciple of mine, ever.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-742811131 NUL vs pohjis, really enjoyed that one and shows why you need steel stab vally
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-740902572 This is the one w the horrible mu I only won that's because i literally won like 7 mindgames and made 5 venu doubles shit was hella stressful
Shane also used it nul, I'll ask im for the replay later

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)