Knights of Cydonia

You do NOT know how long I've put this off for.

Introduction
Hello Smogon! I built this team during the Christmas Holidays, and it’s based on the Keldeo/Tyranitar core, a core that I’ve always wanted to try, but because I thought it would be so well-known at that point, I thought that it had lost a bit of its viability, I was always hesitant on making it. It actually wasn’t until I saw TNT’s post in the “OU cores in the BW2 Metagame” thread I was finally inspired to get over my little bout of doubt, (no rhyme intended) and just do it. Overall, while I haven’t laddered much with this team, it feels really solid, where I never really felt like I was stuck in the games I’ve won, and I felt like my opponent had to really fight for his/her win in the games where I’ve lost. While this team was pretty fun to play with, it wasn’t initially like that, and it’s starting to become a bit boring playing with this team, so I think I’m going to slowly not use this team anymore, and dabble a bit more in other tiers before Gen VI starts.

This team is based on the Muse song “Knights of Cydonia” (and some of their other songs) since it was actually this exact song that made me initially want me to try the Keldeo/Tyranitar core (trust me, once you become addicted to that song, anything that involves cowboys, or ponies/horses, especially in sand *cough*Keldeo*cough*Tyranitar*cough*, you instantly think of it.) Also, before I close the introduction, the nicknames of my Pokémon are links to Youtube.

Without a further ado, here’s the team!

First of all, I started with the core that TNT posted. The reason that the Keldeo/Tyranitar is so good is that Keldeo only has two hard counters, Celebi and Latias, both of which are trapped and KOed by Banded Ttar. Latios is there to soften up the opposing team for Keldeo, and deals with opposing Keldeo, and Amoongus, who can wall Keldeo, and isn’t Pursuit-trap-able.

The next three members of my team entered at the same time. Heatran was to deal with Volcarona, who could setup on Latios or Keldeo locked on a wrong move, and proceed to destroy my team. Breloom was there for the parallel sweeper strategy, as Breloom’s checks/counters are similar to Keldeo’s, so backed up by Ttar’s Pursuit trapping, the idea was that Keldeo and Breloom could soften up each other’s checks and counters. Finally, Landorus was added to revenge kill stuff that Keldeo couldn’t revenge kill, such as Dragons and Volcarona if it got a boost under its belt. Also, its scouting, and gaining momentum from turn one with U-Turn proved to be invaluable.

I swapped out Latios for Latias because I’m a terrible predictor, and having four choiced Pokémon really killed my momentum. Latias was also a better counter to sun teams and rain teams, and generally, made my team much more solid.

Breloom wasn’t pulling its weight, and having two scarfers was a bit redundant (though I do miss that momentum from the get-go), so I changed Breloom to Rotom-W and my scarf Lando to the RP Sheer Force variant, keeping the idea of having parallel sweepers. While changing Lando’s set has given me a much better set-up sweeper, swapping out Breloom for Rotom has arguably impacted this team the most. It was the glue I just needed. Rotom has made playing against SubDD Gyara so much easier, and helped against Toxicroak. Also, by having the ChestoResto combo, it acted as a one-time status absorber, and it can even spread status itself with Will-O-Wisp, and unlike Breloom, it can take powerful Water-Type attacks for the team, lessening the pressure on Latias.

The Team In Depth

This is the last time I'll abandon you
And this is
The last time
I'll forget you
I wish I could

Stockholm Syndrome (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
Why this Pokemon?: Traps and KOes any problematic Pokémon that neither Keldeo nor Landorus can break through, and while none of my Pokémons benefit directly from sand, it eliminates the opponents sun and rain, potentially crippling their team and the passive damage is always nice.
Moveset and Item: I chose to run the Banded set, because this team is a very offensive, and the Sp. Def Ttar could hurt my offensive pressure. Crunch is there for reliable STAB, and gives me the option to KO Psychics and Ghosts if they are daring enough to stay in. For those who aren't as brave, I can Pursuit them, and when the opponent decides to switch out, Pursuit's power increases to the same power as Crunch, which is enough to kill all except the most physically defensive Celebi. Stone Edge is there to lay the hurt on a lot of things (if it hits, that is) and helps to soften up the opposing team, and Superpower is to hit incoming Terrakion, Keldeo and Breloom.
EVs and Nature: The spread I run is a bit weird, but I didn’t like the onsite CB spread because I found it to be too frail, so I made my own spread. First of all, 104 Speed is to speed creep opposing Ttars who run 100 speed. The 96 HP EVs and 252 Sp. Def EVs is the most efficient spread to avoid the 2HKO from Specs Latios’ Draco Meteor, even after rocks. The rest of the EVs are dumped into attack, and with an Adamant nature, Tyranitar still hits fairly hard, and I honestly don't feel I need all that extra power from running 252 Atk EVs, especillay since Ttar still nets the same OHKOs and 2HKOs on key targets.
Possible changes: None

No one's gonna take me alive
The time has come to make things right
You and I must fight for our rights
You and I must fight to survive

Knights Of Cydonia (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Icy Wind
Why this Pokemon?: Keldeo is arguably one of the best Scarfers in the metagame. Being able to revenge-kill a plethora of threats such as Dragons, and even most scarfers is a huge boon, and can even sweep teams late game, once all its counters or checks have been removed (probably by Ttar). Plus, it's a pony, what more could you ask for?
Moveset and Item: Hydro Pump is literally the only move you need, and dents anything that doesn't resist it, or whose name is Blissey or Chansey. Furthermore, if it's raining, Keldeo gets a pseudo Choice Specs/+1 Sp. Atk Boost/extra STAB (however you want to look at it) ON TOP OF the Choice Scarf, and even Pokémon who resists water fall to Hydro Pump. Secret Sword muscles past Ferrothorn, and the two blobs, Hidden Power Electric is this team's only way of beating SubDD Gyarados, and Icy Wind is to snipe weakened Dragons. Finally, Scarfing Keldeo turns it into a formidable revenge-killer and late-game sweeper.
EVs and Nature: Pretty self-explanatory, but 252 EVs in both Sp. Atk and Speed with a Timid nature maximizes Keldeo’s speed and damage output.
Possible changes: Running HP Ice over HP electric, because Icy Wind isn’t doing enough damage to dragons, but this forces me to run Thunderbolt over Volt Switch on Rotom to beat SubDD Gyarados.

Love is our resistance
They'll keep us apart and they won't stop breaking us down
Hold me
Our lips must always be sealed

Resistance (Latias) (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
Why this Pokemon?: Latias is such a great Pokémon, I'm surprised she hasn't gotten much usage. She does well against any weather, especially sun and rain, as she resists both Fire-type and Water-type attacks, both of which are boosted by the sun and rain, respectively, and in sun's case, I can toss around generally unresisted Draco Meteors. Latias also does fairly well against sand, resisting the common Fighting and Ground-type moves on said team, though you have to watch out for Ttar! She is also the only one of two counters to both Keldeo and RPSF Lando (the other being Celebi).
Moveset and Item: I chose Expert Belt over the suggested Life Orb because Sandstorm, Stealth Rocks and potential Scald burns already wear down Latias a lot, but having a Life Orb just takes too much out of Latias, and decreases her survivability, (though this is less of an issue now that I have Rotom to help take some hits) and with an Expert Belt, I still get the necessary KOs on threats such as Keldeo and Terrakion with Psyshock. Draco Meteor still hits fairly hard, even off a base 110 Sp. Atk, and is generally the move I'll go for to dent the switchin. Psyshock is to hit fighting and poison-types (such as Tentacruel and Amoongus) for SE damage, and I opted to run it over Psychic to hit Terrakion's weaker defense in sand, and +1 Keldeo. Hidden Power Fire hits Ferrothorn, Forretress and most importantly, Scizor for lots of damage, if not outright OHKOing them. I chose HP Fire over Surf because the only real reason why you'd want to use Surf is to beat Heatran and Ttar, but Keldeo, Rotom, and sometimes my own Heatran can deal with the former, and Latias loses no matter what if Ttar gets a free switchin, even with Surf. Last, but certainly not least is Roost, which increases Latias survivability, and is arguably the most important move on the set. I suppose I could run Draco Plate to increase Draco's power, but getting that extra damage with Psyshock on Terrakion and Keldeo is far more valuable.
EVs and Nature: 252 Speed with a Timid nature is maximize speed, and even though HP Fire forces you to lose one speed IV, you can still outspeed positive-natured base 108s. 72 HP EVs are to give Latias a decent amount of bulk while maintaining a Life Orb number (though this is kind of irrelevant, seeing as I’m running Expert Belt), and the rest is dumped into Sp. Atk to increase damage output.
Possible changes: Life Orb over Expert Belt? And wouldn’t a spread of 72 HP/ 192 Sp. Atk/ 244 Spd be a bit more efficient? I still outpace base 108s, and the only things I lose the speed tie to are Latios and Latias who also run HP Fire, but seeing as they are beaten by Ttar, I don’t see why I make better use of those excess 8 EVs.

She burns like the sun
And I can't look away
And she'll burn our horizons
Make no mistakes

Sunburn (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Why this Pokemon?: All, in all, pretty much what Heatran does is prevents Volcarona and sun from shitting all over my team, and forces Dragons to think twice about spamming Outrage. Oh yea, he also sets up Stealth Rocks. Can't forget about those rocks. All jokes aside, while Heatran in my mind is normally forgotten, it's an irreplaceable member of my team since no other Pokémon can counter sun, check dragons, AND set up Stealth Rocks all at once. It can also deal with Celebi, and provides numerous resistances to the team.
Moveset and Item: Fire Blast is for that mandatory, reliable STAB (honestly, I hit more Fire Blast than I do Dracos), and hits pretty hard coming off of a 130 base Sp. Atk. Earth Power is to deal with opposing Heatrans, other Fire-Types and Tentacruel. Hidden Power Ice is to hit Dragons, Gliscor and Lando more reliably than Fire Blast. Finally Stealth Rocks because it's just Stealth Rocks. While it deals a deceptively small amount of damage each time, it adds up, and because my team forces a fair amount of switches, coupled with sandstorm damage, the opposing team gets worn down pretty fast, and turns 2HKOs into OHKOs, and 3HKOs into 2HKOs. It also mitigates my slight dragon and Volc weakness, and fairly bad Gyara weakness. Finally, Air Balloon is to let Heatran gain a temporary Ground immunity, increasing the number of opportunities he can come in, and it also actually makes him a really good Gliscor and an Adamant Mamoswine pseudo-counter, and lets me deal with opposing offensive Heatrans if I manage to pop their balloon first.
EVs and Nature: Maximized Sp. Atk EVs to increase damage output, and maximized Speed EVs with a Timid nature, to at worst, speed-tie with opposing Heatrans, and outspeed Toxicroak, another Pokémon that can give me a little bit of trouble.
Possible changes: Maybe lower Heatran’s speed to 204 speed, just enough to outspeed Adamant 232 Spd Toxicroak, and put the rest into HP, but other than that, I don’t see any other changes.

And this is the end
The end
This is the end
Of the world

Apocalypse Please (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish
Why this Pokemon?: Like how many people agree that Keldeo is one of the best scarfers in the metagame, many people agree that Landorus is the best sweeper. Being immune to sandstorm, Twave, both types of Spikes, and gaining more power than a Choice Specs (Idk the exact math, but I'm sure it's more than Choice Specs) AND being able to switch moves AND not taking any recoil. Furthermore, being a Special Attacker, he doesn't mind burns or Intimidate, but that comes at a cost of being walled by Blissey and Chansey, right? WRONG! Lando can actually muscle his way past the two Pink Blobs, with some prior damage. You know what, I should stop rambling on how good he is, and tell you that you should just go out there and use him.
Moveset and Item: Earth Power is the obligatory STAB, but it's boosted by Sheer Force to tremendous levels, and destroys pretty much everything that isn't immune to it or resists it. Focus Blast, while generally have redundant coverage with ground-type attacks, it's boosted by Sheer Force, and 2HKOs Skarm, OHKOs Hydreigon and Ferrothorn, OHKOs 4/0 Rotom-W after rocks, and allows Lando to muscle past the pink blobs. Hidden Power Ice rounds out the coverage, hitting Gliscor, opposing Landorus, and Dragons. Rock Polish is there so Lando can sweep against more offensive teams, by doubling his speed. Life Orb increases the damage output, and because of Sheer Force's mechanics, you don't get Life Orb recoil, unless you use a move that Sheer Force doesn't apply to, such as HP Ice. Lando was originally scarfed, and although I miss grabbing the momentum from turn one with U-Turn, having two scarfers were a bit redundant, the RPSF set has been working better for me, and has alleviated a previously major threat to my team, Toxicroak.
EVs and Nature: To be perfectly honest, it was Jimbon who made the EV spread, and I just stole it. 252 EVs in Sp. Atk and a Modest nature maximize damage output, and 40 HP EVs is the highest Life Orb number I can make while still being able to outspeed Timid Venusaur in the sun, at +2. It also lets me outspeed opposing RPSF Landos who run 188 Speed. While this is irrelevant when either of us is boosted, this is important if I can prevent him from boosting so I can revenge-kill him, and it works the other way in that if I can't get a boost off, I can still outspeed his Lando, and not risk the speed tie.
Possible changes: I’m also considering running Psychic over HP Ice, just because of Gengar.

My plug in baby
Crucifies my enemies
When I'm tired of giving, whoa
My plug in baby
In unbroken virgin realities
Is tired of living

Plug In Baby (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 48 SAtk / 228 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
Why this Pokemon?: Rotom-W is THE glue for my team. Made my life against SubDD Gyarados and Toxicroak much easier, and also made Latias' life a lot easier too, by taking hits between the two of them. I originally had Breloom in this spot, and while they share similar resistances, I found it was too frail to take any hits, so I had to rely on Latias to stomach every potential Hydro Pump, Scald, Fire Blast, etc. Rotom also lures opposing Celebi and Latias, so I can Volt Switch right out, and trap them with Ttar, clearing the way for a Lando or Keldeo sweep. All in all, the change to Rotom strengthened the defensive synergy of the team without losing momentum, and is an irreplaceable member of the team.
Moveset and Item: Hydro Pump is Rotom's STAB, and its strongest move, and in addition with Volt Switch, it helps to soften up water resists for Keldeo. Volt Switch also helps me keep up/regain that offensive pressure that the team loves. Will-O-Wisp is a generally good move on Rotom, since no Fire-Type in their right mind would switch in, and nails any Garchomp hoping to switch in on a Volt Switch (and they aren't as afraid of Hydro Pump, unlike some other Ground-Types). Rest in tandem with a Chesto Berry gives Rotom a new lease on life (quite fitting for a ghost) and functions as a status absorber for the team. While the sandstorm might force Rotom to rest a bit sooner than he should, I find that it's usually enough to let Rotom serve its purpose for the team. The Chesto Berry also allows me to switch in on a Breloom's Spore, then outspeed it and WoW, effectively making it dead weight for the opponent.
EVs and Nature: 228 EVs in speed allow Rotom to out speed 232 Speed Toxicroak, and neuter it with WoW. 232 HP EVs give Rotom a fair bit of bulk, letting it survive many powerful attacks, even after Stealth Rocks. The rest is thrown into Sp. Atk along with a Modest nature to give Rotom's attacks a bit more kick.
Possible changes: This is probably the change that might have the greatest effect on my team, but it’s the change that I’m most unsure about. I’m thinking of running Thunderbolt over Volt Switch, because apart from a weak HP Electric from Keldeo, it’s my only SE move against bulky waters, and it’s very annoying that I can only use it every other turn. In addition, running Tbolt would further patch up my weakness to SubDD Gyara, and this way, Rotom can take it on one on one, instead of having to rely on both Rotom and Keldeo to take it out. Consequently, I can run HP Ice over HP Electric on Keldeo to help against dragons, but I don’t know if all of these benefits outweigh the fact that Volt Switch gives me switch initiative, and like I’ve said in the team building, I’m a terrible predictor.

Conclusion
Well, there’s the team. I’m sad to half-retire it, but OU, and Pokémon in general has started to become pretty boring in general (partly due to the fact that I will only play with one team until I’ve gotten it RMT’ed, a process that for me, takes about half a year) but I still want to try out other tiers before Gen VI starts. Overall, I feel it’s very strong, having answers to almost any archetype, and I feel that CBTar/Scarf Keldeo/RPSF Lando has become a classic BW2 core. I hope that you will have fun testing this team out, and I hope that you enjoyed reading this RMT.

Stockholm Syndrome (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Knights Of Cydonia (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Icy Wind

Resistance (Latias) (F) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Sunburn (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Apocalypse Please (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

Plug In Baby (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 48 SAtk / 228 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Sup Arceus Nui,
  • Weaknesses

Dang, I messed up the formatting... anyways, great sand offense team you got here dude! Before talking about what your weak too I would like to address a few things. I would recommend changing Tyranitar's EV spread to 96 HP / 56 Atk / 152 Def / 100 SDef / 104 Spe. The reason this spread is superior to your is because it check a wide variety of physical threats that Tyranitar loses too. Choice Band Haxorus and Kyurem-B destroy Tyranitar with Outrage, with this you can soften the hits up while gaining around the same amount of SDef potential. The next thing is switching Hidden Power [Fire] on Latias to Surf. Hidden Power [Fire] is a neglected choice in today's metagame because of two reasons, the speed creep and the lack of power even on super-effective targets. Surf even gets a power boost when facing rain-teams which is nice especially better when Latias is your main check to them. The -1 speed point lets it get revenged by Latios, and Latias plus Gengar which you always want to speed tie with because of your special bulk and that thing SPAMming substitutes against you. Also, even on a sand team, Life Orb is better option. Expert Belt doesn't generally bluff anything because Latios is more common running the choice set. Latias also causes lots of switches and by doing this you can run a more bulky spread with 114 HP EVs to check rain teams and sun teams without losing any major power. Roost heals all that damage anyways so it doesn't matter.

Look at the weakness box. Your main problem is DragMag teams. DragMag is a deadly strategy as it traps your steel and cause huge amount of damage. You may think Magnezone isn't a threat to Heatran but a thunderbolt can severly hurt Heatran while you KO. After that, Heatran should be weakened enough for a dragon-type to destroy your team. Your other threat Lucario. After a SD, it rampages through your team with Extremespeed and Close Combat. Celebi may seem not like a threta but they run Baton Pass to avoid pPursuit which is the only reason. After it gains a Nasty Plot it can effortly KO your Tyranitar making Pursuit useless or it can just pass the boost simultaneously avoiding Pursuit. Calm Mind variants are even worst because they can trash your team after a boost. I recommend having Signal Beam over Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W. Signal Beam lets you get past Celebi easily by just using that move and Volt Switch. Will-O-Wisp is pretty useless as you have a scarfer. To prevent the DragMag weakness, use Hidden Power [Ice] over electric-type hidden power. It is not a bad thing to rely on two pokemon to take out gyarados anyways so it is not really problem. Icy Wind usually fails to KO dragons so take note of that and also is mainly used for the Choice specs set. With the last slot, Surf is best for a reliable way to hit something without the miss risk that could cost games. The 114 HP EVs from Latias helps deal with Lucario so nothing else for me to recommend. Awesome job! This is a nice team.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I got your request!

This team is really solid; I played with it a few times and I really love it. It has great offensive and defensive synergy, and has multiple win conditions. The only thing I can really say is probably for you to try a more powerful and bulky yet slower Rotom-W spread, as it is your main answer to a multitude of common Sand / Rain threats. I feel as if all of that speed investment is not necessary because Toxicroak does not really pose much of a threat to this team- as long as you can get Lando / Latias in before it sets up too much. In fact, Rotom-W doesn't even really need very much speed at all, as all of the things in the 65-85 speed tier are either handled by other team members or handled by Rotom's bulk. On the contrary, your team may have a little bit of trouble handling opposing Rotom-W with TTar / Scizor support, as Latias can not be used to counter as reliably as needed. I think a spread of 248 HP / 208 SpA / 52 SpD Modest would suit your needs. It gives you a lot more power, more special bulk, and a bit more physical bulk- at the cost of speed that isn't really very necessary. Mamoswine, the only pokemon that isn't already handled fairly well by the rest of your team, can no longer muscle past you because of the extra bulk and power. If you want extra coverage against VoltTurn, you can rip 88 Spe evs from SpA and put it into Speed to outspeed max speed adamant Scizor, but Heatran in general does a nice job of countering Scizor.

I know you like extra coverage against DDGyarados, but I don't really see the point of having HP Electric on Keldeo other than that (and perhaps Jellicent, who is trappable) Countering Dragons is very important to this team, so I'd probably run HP Ice on Keldeo over HP Electric to secure the OHKO on Scarf / Band Garchomp. Then, I'd use Surf over Icy Wind for an added Water type move when relying on the poor accuracy of Hydro Pump can be skipped.

Other than that, there really isn't anything I can say. This is a really nice team, and I'm very happy with the results when I tested it. Nice job!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'm here, as requested.

So first, that's a really cool, and a really good balanced team. It is using fairly common pokemons, and commons sets, so definitely, your weaklink isn't your knowledge of the metagame, but rather, the lack of risks that you took in the teambuilding.
Whatever, there won't be a lot of things to change, as you cover many common threats, and pack one of the best powerhouses available in OU right now.

The weaknesses :

- Terrakion. If there was a big issue, this would probably be Terrakion. You sadly, have nothing to take a hit decently and this could be a real issue in the long term. I think that you can overcome it, but if your opponent plays smart, he will exploit this weakness, and make you pay for your lack of real answer to Terrakion. To emphasize this point, notice that nothing in your team isn't 2HKO'd by Scarf Terrakion. Good thing, you can set up Landorus on it I guess, but if your opponent got an answer to Landorus, there will be another issue.. here it is..

- You lack a way to kill Celebi, or to lure it. Your Tyranitar, since he's not Scarfed, won't get the kill, and Celebi just has to switch out against Heatran. The rest of your team, is walled days and nights by Celebi. The green pixie can come on Rotom-W, Keldeo, Landorus, Latias without risking anything, this is a real issue. I don't see you winning against a SpD Celebi to be honest, you just have nothing to kill it.

I'm not gonna bother looking for other weaknesses, because they will be marginal anyway. I will focus on Celebi and Terrakion instead.
However, something is bothering me. From the look of your team I can say that it won't be any to fix Terrakion's weakness. If not impossible. If I do, I'll open some holes. I'm thinking about some bulky Breloom over Rotom-W, so, if you want to try it, go ahead, this would be my change, but I wont develop it.

The other changes (mission : Deal with Celebi) :

Two paths
=> Get Expert Belt Keldeo with HP Bug and Icy Wind, and Scarf Tyranitar.
=> U-Turn over Rock Polish on Landorus with a Naive Nature to get a sure kill with the SandStorm recoil and the SR.

Each got some good, and some bad points. I'd say that U-Turn Landorus is better against well made teams, because 100% of them have a good way to deal with RP Landorus, so you are always one step ahead.
But EBelt Keldeo and RP Landorus form a cookie cutter combo that will probably wreck along with Ttar, any team on the ladder.

So it's up to you, which path you decide to take, but keep in mind that your team, while being really strong, needs also to surprise the good players, or you they will probably outpredict you with ease.

Oh yes, get more speed on Ttar. No point trapping Jellicent to be burned. I'd get more than 100, to speed creep the other Ttar, and the Jellicent that will try to speed creep you.

I hope I helped.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to get to this.

Anyway, I really like the team :) not only did you format the RMT in a very neat and interesting way, which, as a reader, I really appreciate. So thank you! Not only that, but the team itself is a great one. I had quite a bit of fun using it.

There are a few threats I can see to the team. First of all, you are quite weak to Gengar and Alakazam. There are a few different ways to deal with this. First of all, I would change your Keldeo set. Choice Scarf is fine, but if you have Scarf, you should really opt for Hidden Power Ice and Surf over Hidden Power Electric and Icy Wind. Surf gives you a much more reliable way to deal with faster threats, especially when Hydro Pump has such shaky accuracy. Though you'll have trouble with Gyarados more than before, Rotom-W handles him better than you're giving him credit for. Gyarados can't really do anything to Rotom-W, and you CAN always Volt Switch out, which is a guaranteed OHKO. If it's Sub DD (which is rare enough) that's giving you problems, then you can always switch Volt Switch for Thunderbolt or Discharge (<-- that one is better). But I think it's rare enough that Volt Switch is still preferable.

I also agree that Celebi is a huge problem for your team, so I agree with Remedy that you should get Scarf Tyranitar over the Banded one you have now. It helps deal with many more threats to your team, like Gengar, Alakazam, non-Bullet Punch Lucario, and others. It can also help you more reliably kill Jellicent with Crunch instead of having to risk the burn from Will-O-Wisp or Scald. If you do change Tyranitar to a Scarf, though, you might want to consider Specs on Keldeo, and keep your current Keldeo moveset.

Really, though, other than that, there's not a whole lot I can think to change. Great team and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)