SS OU koko, specs magnezone and hawlucha

I just started playing a couple weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying the game so far. I'm at around 1300 on the OU ladder now. Here's the team I've been using:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/015636c7b21d0eca

:ss/tapu-koko: :ss/magnezone: :ss/hawlucha: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/regieleki: :ss/slowbro:

Core damage output is Tapu Koko, Magnezone, and Hawlucha,
with utility Landorus-T, screens Regieleki, and teleport Slowbro as a pivot.

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Koko is to set electric terrain. I get a decent amount of KO's with thunderbolt and dazzling gleam too. I mainly use taunt against hail teams that lead alolan ninetails to stop aurora veil. Against non-hail teams, I generally lead regieleki or landorus-t instead. Koko needs to be kept alive long enough to enable hawlucha's electric seed and magnezone's rising voltage.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rising Voltage
- Flash Cannon
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone's best target is ferrothorn. Rising voltage in electric terrain is strong enough to 2 or 3 hit KO ferrothorn even through ferrothorn's electric resist. If the ferrothorn has protect it can usually live a few extra turns, but magnezone can kill it eventually. Against iron defense magnezone, electric terrain rising voltage can one hit KO, but not guaranteed. If it doesn't KO, then specs magnezone dies to two hits of body press. Rising voltage can one hit KO corviknight with electric terrain, but without electric terrain it's not a guaranteed kill. I run thunderbolt because it can one hit KO's corviknight without electric terrain. Thunderbolt + rising voltage is redundant, and is probably suboptimal. I've tested toxic and volt switch, but I didn't find them useful. Toxic with choice specs feels bad, and I'm not convinced volt switch is better than thunderbolt.

Also, is it better to run +Spe/-Atk nature instead of +SpA/-Atk ? I think +SpA is better, but I'm not sure.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch

Hawlucha has been excellent to kill things that koko + magnezone can't. I'm using the recommended EV spread from the smogon dex, but I think it might be better to use less SpD and more Speed. I tested close combat vs drain punch, and drain punch felt a bit better. Close combat's stat drops seemed not worth it, and drain punch heal wins games sometimes. Since the electric seed boost is a one time buff, I usually don't bother switching hawlucha out once it's used.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 24 SpD
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Standard utility landorus-t. Particularly useful on this team for switching into ground type moves, since koko, magnezone and regieleki are all weak to ground. Landorus seems too useful to cut because his typing is just so good. I haven't tried an offensive set on him though. I tried defog instead of toxic, but it didn't seem worth because of the heavy duty boots on koko and slowbro.

Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Regieleki is the first pokemon I would cut for something else. I don't know how much this team benefits from screens. I feel like having another offensive pokemon instead would be good for coverage, but I don't know what would be best with this team. I've tried dragapult instead of regieleki, and that seemed pretty good.

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Slowbro for pivot. Teleport has been good for getting koko in unharmed, or going to landorus-t instead if opponent swaps into something immune to electric. I've also tried rocky helmet toxapex as a pivot, but teleport has been better. Rocky helmet toxapex was useful for swapping into a surging strikes or triple axel. Future sight and scald have been decent for chip damage, but seem replacable

i'm a huge fan of rising voltage - actually am working on a team using it right now! for koko i always prefer u-turn over volt switch because lando-t (or other ground types) is such a common switch in, and that makes sure that you won't lose momentum because of their electric immunity. i'd 100% recommend body press over tri-attack on magnezone because it allows you to hit other magnezone as well as blissey and other special walls. i'd also recommend volt switch over thunderbolt - if they were to switch blissey in expecting a rising voltage, you could instead use volt switch and pivot out to hawlucha, for example. if you run timid it would allow you to outspeed and ko modest magnezones but i usually prefer modest. i used to use a hyper offense team with hawlucha - here's the spread i recommend:

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

this spread has just enough speed to allow you to outspeed max speed regieleki after the unburden boost, and the rest is in HP to help you survive longer, as hawlucha is by no means bulky. i like taunt over drain punch because it stops toxic, haze, and phazing moves.

your landorus' moves are good, but the ev spread and nature are off. i'd recommend that you put those spdef evs into speed and run an impish nature - and make sure youre using all 508 evs.

this team gets steamrolled by dragapult and blacephalon without unburden-boosted hawlucha - therefore, i'd recommend that you replace regieleki with something that can handle these threats, possibly mandibuzz (it would also offer defog support), or bisharp if you want something a bit more offensive. the team lacks a special wall in general, so you could also probably try blissey - it's a good counter to blacephalon and specs dragapult, but dd dragapult would still be a problem. also, one thing i noticed is that rain is a big problem for this team without slowbro - so if the opponent has a pelipper and barraskewda make sure you keep slowbro healthy.

i'm a huge fan of rising voltage - actually am working on a team using it right now! for koko i always prefer u-turn over volt switch because lando-t (or other ground types) is such a common switch in, and that makes sure that you won't lose momentum because of their electric immunity. i'd 100% recommend body press over tri-attack on magnezone because it allows you to hit other magnezone as well as blissey and other special walls. i'd also recommend volt switch over thunderbolt - if they were to switch blissey in expecting a rising voltage, you could instead use volt switch and pivot out to hawlucha, for example. if you run timid it would allow you to outspeed and ko modest magnezones but i usually prefer modest. i used to use a hyper offense team with hawlucha - here's the spread i recommend:

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

this spread has just enough speed to allow you to outspeed max speed regieleki after the unburden boost, and the rest is in HP to help you survive longer, as hawlucha is by no means bulky. i like taunt over drain punch because it stops toxic, haze, and phazing moves.

your landorus' moves are good, but the ev spread and nature are off. i'd recommend that you put those spdef evs into speed and run an impish nature - and make sure youre using all 508 evs.

this team gets steamrolled by dragapult and blacephalon without unburden-boosted hawlucha - therefore, i'd recommend that you replace regieleki with something that can handle these threats, possibly mandibuzz (it would also offer defog support), or bisharp if you want something a bit more offensive. the team lacks a special wall in general, so you could also probably try blissey - it's a good counter to blacephalon and specs dragapult, but dd dragapult would still be a problem. also, one thing i noticed is that rain is a big problem for this team without slowbro - so if the opponent has a pelipper and barraskewda make sure you keep slowbro healthy.
Yeah I have lost a lot to blacephalon and dragapult, thanks for the tips on how to deal with it. And thanks for noticing I didn't have all EV's set on lando, I think I misclicked in team builder lol

I used beast team tbh minor tweaks Chaney or bliss for slowbro mainly for infiltration dragapult ran to more special drags & u turn on tapu bc of lando swampert hipp ect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)