Krilowatt (OU Analysis - Pre-Playtesting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
I expanded your idea Scoopapa. Here is what I added:

Krilowatt@Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Naughty/Lonely Nature
252 Atk, 252 Satk, 4 Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
-Overheat/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
-Brick Break

Krilowatt’s massive HP and speed allows it to pool your HP investments into Attack and Special Attack. Brick Break with a positive Nature does at a minimum 52.7% to Blissey, which is a 2HKO with Stealth Rock damage. Surf is the best option for STAB here as it can take down Tyranitar, Heatran, and Gengar among others within two hits. Thunderbolt or Ice Beam is to take out your dragons of choice. Ice Beam is the preferred option though, as it can take down a wider array of opponents, while Thunderbolt is there only for Gyarados and Suicune. Overheat is for Scizor and other Steel-types, as well as Celebi, which Krilowatt 2HKOs even after Overheat reduces its special attack. Signal Beam is not recommended because it won’t net a OHKO on the most Defensive Celebis.

The nature should boost Attack to make sure that Blissey is 2HKOed by Brick Break. Which defense you lower is your preference, but with Earthquake being super-effective it’s more practical to have the nature be Naughty instead of Lonely.

Other Options:

An alternate spread is 208 Atk, 234 SAtk, 68 Speed. This puts Krilowatt at 263 speed to outspeed Jolly Breloom. 208 Attack EVs still allows Brick Break to do 50% to Blissey. The rest is poured into Special Attack.

Earthquake is an option early on in testing to counter other Krilowatt.

I don't know why you completely removed Surf from the RestTalk set. If anything, Ice Beam should just be slashed, with Surf being the primary option (you can decide this).

Water + Electric is still a wonderful type combination, even though it has slightly less coverage than BoltBeam, and Krilowatt receives STAB on both of these types. The only Pokemon that resist this type combination in the OU metagame are Breloom, Celebi, Latias, and Roserade (I hope I didn't miss anyone, unless you want to count Abomasnow). That's only four Pokemon. Also, Surf is a stronger STAB move than the 80 Base Powered Discharge. Surf is especially useful when it comes to dealing with Lucario, Metagross, Heatran, and other Steel-types, who Krilowatt will likely be switching into.

All in all, keep Surf on the set and slash in Ice Beam with it, because it's still a really good attack. You can mention the advantages of each in the set comments, too. You can also slash in Thunderbolt for the extra power, which is always nice for the BoltBeam combo.

EDIT @ Umbreon Dan: Because Thunderbolt is not even slashed on the set. Surf hits these Pokemon hard enough to score 3HKOs and 2HKOs, unlike Discharge.

Agreeing with fuzznip about keeping surf and slashing ice beam. lo starmie usually runs surf, thunderbolt, spin, and recover so obviously it makes it work, and mence still cant set up on you because LO discharge hurts naive mence and 30 % para chance as well. latias is easily covered by scarf tar/scizor. breloom hits you se with seed bomb but with rest talk theres still a possibility of beating it 1 v 1. celebi has so many damn weaknesses, it's easy to cover. roserade is rarely seen out of the lead spot and obama is lol, so i think dropping a solid stab for a little bit of coverage is unnecessary.

I think BoltBeam is a superior pairing for Krilowatt, especially with LO boosting the un-STAB Ice Beam to very respectable levels. I have slashed Surf in. It's really good to not be walled by Latias, regardless of team options.

starmie usually runs surf, thunderbolt, spin, and recover so obviously it makes it work
yeah, but starmie doesn't have STAB on thunderbolt. pokemon in general really only need one STAB move; if the other one has poor coverage, it isn't used. this case is more similar to swampert, who uses ground + ice when it only has two attacks.

Surf is especially useful when it comes to dealing with Lucario, Metagross, and other Steel-types, who Krilowatt will likely be switching into.
why can't i thunderbolt/discharge these pokemon?

i think surf is still an option, i just don't believe it's going to be as useful as ice beam, which hits tons more than surf does. you don't need a "reliable STAB move" because you have thunderbolt/discharge. and don't try to convince me that discharge is too weak, because base 80 power is still perfectly acceptable.

Alright guys, I've gotten all of the sections filled in. I asked for some opinions on IRC and we decided that for this skeletal analysis, it's most appropriate to leave everything in bullet form. That way it's easier for newcomers to get the exact idea of the set without having to read a bunch of paragraphs. We will revise it later on after playtesting and write up actual paragraphs.

Anyway, can we please get a few proofreads in pretty quickly? We need this to be ready for when Krilowatt is implemented on the server, which is going to be within the next day or two! Remember to focus not on content (unless it's wrong or you feel I've missed something critical) and to try to pick up on grammatical, wording, or spelling issues. This needs to be readable, but as it's all theorymon, only needs to be more or less 'correct.'

Thanks in advance!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm, this is probably the first incarnation, but it should work.

Utility Counter: (Non-Statup Offense)
Item: Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
Move 1: Counter
Move 2: Mirror Coat
Move 3: Rest
Move 4: Toxic / Protect / Recycle

EVs: 88 HP / 252 Def / 168 SpD
Nature: Bold

• Uses immunity to residual damage to maximize survivability, can always survive Adamant Choice Band Flygon's Earthquake and Counter for a KO.
  • Can always survive Choice Specs Celebi Energy Ball.
  • No Speed investment outruns all Tyranitar and Defensive Celebi.
  • Shines brightest against Choiced attackers, stopping their sweep. STAB Super-effective examples are selected above merely to illustrate what can be countered at full health.
  • Can be OHKO'd at upper limit by CB Swampert Earthquake (86.9-102.4%) and Scarf Celebi Leaf Storm (85.6-101.1%)
  • Leftovers allows it to always survive assaults like Specs Jolteon Thunderbolt (46.5 - 54.6%), but ChestoRest with Recycle can keep Krillowatt around longer. Alternatively, ChestoRest with Recycle allows Krilowatt to keep active.
  • In the 4th slot, Toxic provides offense, Protect can scout moves and allow more Lefties recovery, or Recycle works with Chesto Berry. The fourth move is mostly filler though, and nothing stops you from selecting something like Ice Beam, Overheat, or Thunderbolt to address a threat. Special attacking Dark types and Physical attacking Ghosts are rare.
  • Magic Guard is preferred, but Trace helps with CBMence, who can 2HKO with Outrage. If you use Trace, Rapid Spin support is strongly recommended. Since Magic Guard nulls the negative effects of non-freeze and sleep statuses.

I don't believe this is a gimmick. Immunity to residual damage combined with massive HP and the ability to take even Choice boosted hits repeatedly makes this quite effective at stopping Band/Specs/Scarf users. If it forces them to switch because *any* move they select or have selected can be returned back to them without netting a KO, I consider that countering. As far as the end-game, the set as a whole has 96 PP, and can net extra turns if it receives damage by using the sleep turns of Rest. It can also take +1 DDMence Outrage and survive. Basically the set is effective against everything but set-up pokemon. The worst stall can do is set up hazards and Roar it out (while needing a cleric or Rest to get rid of Toxic), and its impossible for most conventional stall pokemon to deal with it offensively.

A proofread, eh? I won't pretend to know Smogon's editorial guidelines on grammar and style, but it can't hurt for me to take a look at it. I have often completely rewritten what went before, simply because it can't hurt to have more options. This doesn't mean I think the original was bad!

Part I
<h2>Disclaimer</h2>

<p><b>This analysis is written from a complete theorymon point of view so that newer members of the community have something to go off of while CAP10 - Krilowatt's playtesting is underway a strong starting point for Krilowatt's playtesting. For this reason, be forewarned that Sets in this analysis are not necessarily quality-assured as they are with other CAP analyses for as long as this disclaimer is present have not been tested in battle, and should not be considered final.</b></p>

<h2>Overview</h2>

<p>Krilowatt can use its varied movepool to protect its team from almost any OU threat - as long as you prepare well. This versatility is a Pokemon on a mission, dedicated on any given team to stand as insurance against a very specific array of Pokemon. Its niche as a utility counter capable of being tweaked to take down whatever it needs to both makes it unpredictable and therefore very dangerous until before you know its set. With Its tremendous HP stat, and respectable defenses meshed with an absurdly and potent defensive ability (shared only by the Clefairy family), allow it to switch it can come in repeatedly, even against entry hazards, and threaten its targets what it needs to when it needs to.</p>

<p>Krilowatt's greatest worry is a lack of healing options. Many people will combine Magic Guard with a Life Orb to gain 30% more damage, yet no recoil. This leaves Krilowatt with no Leftovers, and no better recovery move than Rest. Despite these excellent features, Krilowatt wishes it had a better recovery option over Rest. A lack of steady healing causes Krilowatt to fall apart after it's taken too many attacks on switching in. This lack of healing is generally compounded further by Life Orb being such an appealing item over Leftovers due to no recoil when used with Magic Guard. Nonetheless, Regardless of this downfall, Krilowatt can take down top stands defiant in the face of monstrous OU threats like Salamence, Gyarados, and Lucario - just . Krilowatt is able and willing to take them down as needed by any given team, although not all at once.

[SET]
name: Utility Counter (Dragon Dance)
move 1: Surf
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Thunder Wave / Overheat
item: Leftovers
ability: Trace
nature: Bold
evs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]

* This set is a utility counter set designed to stop most Dragon Dance users in OU all at once. It can is adept at switching into and threatening most Dragon Dance Gyarados, Salamence, Kingdra, and Dragonite.
* The high defensive investment keeps Krilowatt from being 2HKO'd by standard most Gyarados / Salamence Earthquakes at +0 Attack, since you will switch in with Trace to Intimidate them as they Dragon Dance.
* There is no speed investment is required because competing with the Dragon Dance speed boost is futile. at +1 Speed all of the dragon dancers you're switching into outspeed you anyway.
* 40 Special Attack EVs guarantees a minimum of 100% damage against Salamance with Ice Beam against Salamence and 100% damage against Bulky DD Gyrados with Thunderbolt against Bulky DD Gyarados.
* Thunder Wave is your best bet here against Kingdra, since you lack the SpA investment and Life Orb needed to OHKO it with Draco Meteor. Overheat lets you surprise beat up on some Steels if they try to remove their Dragon Dancers come in on you trying to beat up their dragons.

[SET]
name: Utility Counter (Swords Dance)
move 3: Overheat
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Life Orb
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Timid
evs: 36 HP / 252 Def / 220 Speed

[SET COMMENTS]

* This set is a utility counter set designed to stop threaten out Lucario and Heracross setting up that might try to setup a Swords Dance, over the course of a match while still posing a significant threat to Salamence, Dragonite, and most other Steel-type Pokemon.
* 220 Speed EVs hits 331 Speed, above enough to outspeed Jolly Lucario, all positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon, and standard 192 Speed Infernape.
* 252 Defense EVs means make you take only 47.2% - 55.6% from a +2 Adamant ExtremeSpeed. [note - you might want to say from who]
* Magic Guard keeps you from taking residual damage if you need to as you switch in against and attack to counter Lucario repeatedly over the course of a match.
* Overheat with no investment still OHKOs Lucario (106% - 125.3%), whereas while Earthquake would require cannot without significant Attack investment in attack. Life Orb is necessary on this set for this KO, and provides a general damage boost output.
* Ice Beam is for the still good to hit those pesky dragons that you will inevitably face, although this set isn't optimal at switching into them without Trace. With 331 Speed you outspeed Salamence at +0, and so you can Ice Beam it. 331 Speed also lets guarantees you to outspeed Jirachi, who you might want to Overheat.
* Heart Swap can be used in the last slot instead of Ice Beam to offload if you want to send away the Special Attack drop from Overheat the turn after using it.

That's as far as I'm likely to go I have now done the rest, which I'll show separately in case someone had already looked at my first section.

Part II
[SET]
name: Utility Counter (Calm Mind)
move 3: Overheat / Ice Beam
move 4: Heart Swap
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
evs: 36 Def / 80 SpA / 252 SpD / 140 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is a countering utility that is designed to beat the most common Calm Mind CM boosters: Suicune, Jirachi, and Latias.
  • Switch in safely on Calm Mind, then use Heart Swap and your superior speed to steal their boosts.
  • 96 Speed EVs and Timid a positive nature are required to let you outspeed 252 Speed EVs Offensive Suicune and steal any boosts it has accrued. 140 Speed EVs and Timid a positive nature will are required to outspeed Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi. You can't outspeed either Latias Calm Mind Latias set, so there's no point trying.
  • Heart Swap lets you steal Calm Mind boosts from all of the Pokemon you outspeed and even Latias that you don't.
  • 252 Special Defense EVs lets you take hits a massive beating from these threats and survive handily, especially made more-so if you've stolen a Calm Mind or two. For instance, a +2 Offensive Calm Mind Latias Dragon Pulse deals only 56.4% - 66.6% to this spread. and If you steal the boost on the same turn, then you will survive the next hit at the next Dragon Pulse deals only 14.2% - 16.9% and while you OHKO back with Ice Beam after Stealth Rock (88.1% - 104%) if Stealth Rock is present.
  • Leftovers provides recovery, or furthers this while Life Orb makes you ridiculously powerful if you do steal Calm Mind boosts.
[SET]
name: Utility Counter (Physical Boosters)
move 1: Waterfall
move 2: Thunderpunch
move 3: Low Kick
move 4: Heart Swap / Payback / Thunder Wave
nature: Adamant / Impish
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

• This is a countering set that is designed to take on the slower and more physically inclined Pokemon that can try to set up, such as Dragon Dance Tyranitar, Curse Tyranitar, Curse Snorlax, and Curse Swampert. This can also make for excellent insurance against the rare Curse Cradily and its like.
  • The EV spread survives physical attacks excellently while still affording Krilowatt some firepower.
  • No Speed EVs are needed because Krilowatt is always faster than the Curse users after they use Curse, and Dragon Dance Tyranitar is faster than a maximum Speed Krilowatt anyway. Adamant allows you to hit substantially harder, though Impish can be used to bolster further Krilowatt's Defense.
  • Low Kick OHKOs CurseTTar and maims Snorlax after you steal its boosts. CursePert gets pounded by STAB Waterfall after you steal its boosts.
  • Heart Swap is the primary option in the last slot to steal Dragon Dance, or Curse or Bulk Up boosts. Payback is an excellent option because you're going to be slower than things, and this gives you an great option to nail Pokemon like Celebi, Latias, and Rotom-A hard. Thunder Wave is a good option in general for putting crippling faster Pokemon, although most of what you're countering here knows has options for dealing with status in the form of Rest. [This paragraph is well-written, but I have a content question. Given what's been said above, is replacing Heart Swap the best idea for this set? Isn't it what makes it work against Curse & DD users in the first place?]
[SET]
name: Krilowattacker
move 4: Overheat / Hidden Power Grass
evs: 36 Def / 252 SpA / 220 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is designed to put Krilowatt on the offensive with its impressive movepool, excellent ability, and phenomenal Speed and general bulk.
  • Life Orb is chosen to hit 30% harder the hardest and at no cost to Krilowatt, because of Magic Guard.
  • 220 Speed EVs hits 331 Speed, enough to outspeed all positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon and standard 192 Speed Infernape.
  • 252 Special Attack EVs for max firepower and 36 Defense EVs for some added survivability.
  • Both STAB options and are chosen alongside Ice Beam give for great coverage, with Overheat or HPGrass in the last slot for based on which of your checks you want to beat easier, Defensive Steels or Swampert, respectively.
[SET]
name: RestTalk
move 2: Discharge / Thunderbolt
move 3: Ice Beam / Surf
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
evs: 116 HP / 192 Def / 200 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is a general purpose tank set with Rest for recovery and Sleep Talk to deal damage use damaging moves while asleep. With Rest, Leftovers are unneeded Rest covers Krilowatt's survivability well enough, so Life Orb is chosen over Leftovers for the extra added firepower.
  • The EV investment is designed to optimizes Krilowatt's defensive capacity for Krilowatt so it can take as many hits as possible.
  • Discharge is chosen over Thunderbolt as it still OHKOs bulky Gyarados (with Life Orb)'s boost and also offers a nice 30% paralysis rate for other attackers that might otherwise try to setup on you. Thunderbolt gains a few can still be useful with Ice Beam for some obscure 2HKOs, but the paralysis chance is generally more useful.
  • Ice Beam is chosen over Surf for a true BoltBeam combo, offering the excellent type coverage with just two attacks. Surf can still be run as it is remains an excellent STAB option with great coverage.
<h2>Team Options</h2>

• Krilowatt is only weak to Grass and Ground attacks. The OU Pokemon which resist both of these are Pokemon that resist both Ground- and Grass-type attacks, the only two types Krilowatt is weak to, include Flying-types, Grass-resisting Levitators, Bug-types, and Grass-types. This means that in OU, Togekiss, Skarmory, Dragonite, Salamence, Latias, Bronzong, Gengar, Zapdos, Heracross, Celebi, and Breloom pair nicely type-wise with Krilowatt.
  • Krilowatt can beat many CM/DD boosters. This helpsPokemon that perform better without having to worry about being setup bait or are otherwise deathly afraid of special attacks, especially Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong, who can also as they can set up entry hazards for offensive Krilowatt and pair nicely type-wise.
  • In general, Stall-oriented teams should appreciate Krilowatt's ability to deal more appropriately with stallbreakers like Infernape, Gliscor, and Salamence than they have been able to before.
  • CB Scizor or Scarf Flygon fit well with for offensive sets, as always, with thanks to typing match-ups and scouting functions being the primary reasons for this.
  • Toxic Spikes (Roserade, Forry) for the RestTalker.
  • Pokemon that can switch into and threaten Krilowatt's counters list.
<h2>Optional Changes</h2>

<p>Krilowatt's movepool is a literal bag of tricks. There are many several notable attacking options that can be considered based on the needs of the any given team. For special attacking sets, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, and Earth Power make a showing. For physical attackers, Night Slash, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Payback, Avalanche, X-Scissor, the Elemental Punches, and Sucker Punch are present. In general they Each of these provide mostly redundant or unnecessary coverage with the suggested options for each set or just isn't effective, though but they can see use when needed. Krilowatt also has access to priority in the form of Aqua Jet and Ice Shard-the former for of which gets STAB, and the latter that can nail faster Dragon-types super effectively for Dragons.</p>

<p>Krilowatt is also far from lacking in support moves either, boasting carrying an wide range array of different moves for sets to take advantage of options. It has access to Imprison, which when used in tandem with popular moves like Earthquake can make it very difficult for your opponent to take Krilowatt down. Magnet Rise can be run on any set to temporarily eliminate Krilowatt's threatening Ground-type weakness. It also has access to both Mirror Coat and Counter, which together can be put to use with Krilowatt's excellent and balanced defenses can be put to use in a CounterCoat set. Let's not forget Perish Song and Whirlpool, either, which when combined can create a potentially deadly Perish Trapping set. Mirroring Lanturn, Krilowatt can run a Parafusion set with either Swagger or Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave. Heart Swap and Swagger together can even net Krilowatt some Attack boosts in the process. Me First deserves a special mention with Krilowatt's excellent Speed stat to potentially use a Lucario's Close Combat or a Tyranitar / Metagross Earthquake back at the source with pseudo-STAB damage. Finally, Krilowatt is makes for an excellent user of Rain Dance with access to both STAB Water-type moves and Thunder.</p>

<h2>Counters</h2>

• Swampert: Is neutral or resistant to all of Krilowatt's attacks barring Hidden Power Grass, can weather several hits with its bulk, and threatens with STAB Earthquake.
  • Blissey: Completely walls specially-based Krilowatt and threatens offensive variants with Thunder Wave.
  • Snorlax: Fears Low Kick and, to a degree, Heart Swap, but can take on all other variants with its special bulk and access to Earthquake and paralysis via Body Slam. Can Selfdestruct to remove Krilowatt if need be.
  • Celebi: Can take a Life Orb boosted Ice Beam and OHKO back with Leaf Storm and can cripple offensive Krilowatt with Thunder Wave.
  • Latias: Calm Mind and Recover variants beat Krilowatt that lack Heart Swap and offensive variants can seriously hurt it with a Draco Meteor.
  • Bronzong: Bronzong takes neutral or better from all of Krilowatt's primary attacking options with the exception of Overheat. It can then Explode, set up Light Screen and Reflect, or hit Krilowatt with Earthquake.
  • Cresselia: Massive bulk allows it to take virtually anything from Krilowatt without a problem. Dual Screens let it take even less and set up on Krilowatt, meanwhile Thunder Wave can cripple Krilowatt if it stays around.
  • Dusknoir: Exceptional bulk and the ability to full heal at practically any stage of life from Krilowatt's massive HP stat make it tough to take down. It can burn physical sets or attempt to do some damage with Earthquake.
Hope that helps!

Finally, here is a version with all of my edits in place (to save time if you agree with a majority). I am afraid that Copy & Paste seems to have turned some of the bullet points into asterisks.
<h2>Disclaimer</h2>

<p><b>This analysis is written from a theorymon point of view so that newer members of the community have a strong starting point for Krilowatt's playtesting. Sets in this analysis have not been tested in battle, and should not be considered final.</b></p>

<h2>Overview</h2>

<p>Krilowatt can use its varied movepool to protect its team from almost any OU threat - as long as you prepare well. This versatility makes it unpredictable and therefore dangerous until you know its set. Its tremendous HP stat, respectable defenses and potent defensive ability (shared only by the Clefairy family) allow it to switch in repeatedly, even against entry hazards, and threaten its targets.</p>

<p>Krilowatt's greatest worry is a lack of healing options. Many people will combine Magic Guard with a Life Orb to gain 30% more damage, yet no recoil. This leaves Krilowatt with no Leftovers, and no better recovery move than Rest. Nonetheless, Krilowatt can take down topthreats like Salamence, Gyarados, and Lucario - just not all at once.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* This set is designed to stop Dragon Dance users. It can switch into and threatenDragon Dance Gyarados, Salamence, Kingdra, and Dragonite.
* The high defensive investment keeps Krilowatt from being 2HKO'd by standard Gyarados / Salamence Earthquakes at +0 Attack, since you will switch in with Trace to Intimidate them as they Dragon Dance.
* There is no speed investment because competing with the Dragon Dance speed boost is futile.
* 40 Special Attack EVs guarantees 100% damage against Salamance with Ice Beam and 100% damage against Bulky DD Gyrados with Thunderbolt.
* Thunder Wave is your best bet against Kingdra, since you lack the SpA and Life Orb needed to OHKO with Draco Meteor. Overheat lets you surprise Steels if they try to remove their Dragon Dancers.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* This set is designed to stop Lucario and Heracross setting up a Swords Dance, while still posing a significant threat to Salamence, Dragonite, and most Steel-type Pokemon.
* 220 Speed EVs hits 331 Speed, aboveJolly Lucario, positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon, and standard 192 Speed Infernape.
* 252 Defense EVs means you take only 47.2% - 55.6% from a +2 Adamant ExtremeSpeed.
* Magic Guard keeps you from taking residual damage if you need to switch in against Lucario repeatedly.
* Overheat OHKOs Lucario (106% - 125.3%), whereas Earthquake would require significant investment in attack. Life Orb is necessary for this KO, and provides a general damage boost.
* Ice Beam is for the pesky dragons you will inevitably face, although this set isn't optimal at switching into them without Trace. With 331 Speed you outspeed Salamence at +0, andcan Ice Beam it. 331 Speed also lets you outspeed Jirachi, who you might want to Overheat.
* Heart Swap can be used instead of Ice Beam to offloadthe Special Attack drop from Overheat.

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is designed to beat the most common Calm Mind boosters: Suicune, Jirachi, and Latias.
  • Switch in safely on Calm Mind, then use Heart Swap and your superior speed to steal their boosts.
  • 96 Speed EVs and Timid let you outspeed 252EVs Offensive Suicune. 140 Speed EVs and Timid will outspeed Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi. You can't outspeed either Calm Mind Latias set.
  • 252 Special Defense EVs lets you take hits and survive handily, especially if you've stolen a Calm Mind or two. For instance, a +2 Offensive Calm Mind Latias Dragon Pulse deals 56.4% - 66.6%.If you steal the boost on the same turn, then you will survive the next hit at 14.2% - 16.9% and OHKO back with Ice Beam (88.1% - 104%) if Stealth Rock is present.
  • Leftovers provides recovery, or Life Orb makes you ridiculously powerful if you do steal Calm Mind boosts.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This is a countering set designed to take on the slower and more physically inclined Pokemon that can try to set up, such as Dragon Dance Tyranitar, Curse Tyranitar, Curse Snorlax, and Curse Swampert. This can also make for excellent insurance against the rare Curse Cradily.
  • The EV spread survives physical attacks excellently while still affording Krilowatt some firepower.
  • No Speed EVs are needed because Krilowatt is always faster than the Curse users after they use Curse, and Dragon Dance Tyranitar is faster than a maximum Speed Krilowatt anyway. Adamant allows you to hit substantially harder, though Impish can be used to bolster Krilowatt's Defense.
  • Low Kick OHKOs CurseTTar and maims Snorlax after you steal its boosts. CursePert gets pounded by STAB Waterfall after you steal its boosts.
  • Heart Swap is the primary option in the last slot to steal Dragon Dance,Curse or Bulk Up boosts. Payback is excellentbecause you're going to be slow, and this gives you a great option to nail Pokemon like Celebi, Latias, and Rotom-A. Thunder Wave isgood in general for crippling faster Pokemon, although most of what you're countering here knows Rest.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is designed to put Krilowatt on the offensive with its impressive movepool, excellent ability,phenomenal Speed and general bulk.
  • Life Orb is chosen to hit 30% harder and at no cost to Krilowatt, because of Magic Guard.
  • 220 Speed EVs hits 331 Speed, enough to outspeed all positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon and standard 192 Speed Infernape.
  • 252 Special Attack EVs for max firepower and 36 Defense EVs for some added survivability.
  • Both STAB options and Ice Beam give great coverage, with Overheat or HPGrass in the last slot for Defensive Steels or Swampert, respectively.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This is a general purpose tank set with Rest for recovery and Sleep Talk to deal damagewhile asleep. With Rest, Leftovers are unneeded, so Life Orb is chosen for the extra firepower.
  • The EV investment optimizes Krilowatt's defensive capacityso it can take as many hits as possible.
  • Discharge is chosen over Thunderbolt as it still OHKOs bulky Gyarados (with Life Orb) and also offers a 30% paralysis rate. Thunderbolt gains a few obscure 2HKOs, but the paralysis chance is generally more useful.
  • Ice Beam is chosen over Surf for the excellent type coverage. Surf remains an excellent STAB option.
<h2>Team Options</h2>

• Krilowatt is only weak to Grass and Ground attacks. The OU Pokemon which resist both of these are Togekiss, Skarmory, Dragonite, Salamence, Latias, Bronzong, Gengar, Zapdos, Heracross, Celebi, and Breloom.
  • Krilowatt can beat many CM/DD boosters. This helps Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong, who can also set up entry hazards.
  • Stall-oriented teams should appreciate Krilowatt's ability to dealwith Infernape, Gliscor, and Salamence.
  • CB Scizor or Scarf Flygon fit well withoffensive sets, thanks to typing match-ups and scouting.
  • Toxic Spikes (Roserade, Forry) for the RestTalker.

<p>Krilowatt's movepool is a literal bag of tricks. There are many attacking options that can be considered based on the needs of the team. For special attacking sets, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, and Earth Power make a showing. For physical attackers, Night Slash, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Payback, Avalanche, X-Scissor, the Elemental Punches, and Sucker Punch are present. In general they provide redundant coverage, but they can see use when needed. Krilowatt also has access to priority in the form of Aqua Jet and Ice Shard-the former for STAB, and the latter for Dragons.</p>

<p>Krilowatt is also far from lacking in support moves, boasting a wide rangeof options. It has access to Imprison, which when used in tandem with popular moves like Earthquake can make it very difficult for your opponent to take Krilowatt down. Magnet Rise can be run on any set to temporarily eliminate Krilowatt's threatening Ground-type weakness.Mirror Coat and Counter can be put to use with Krilowatt's excellent and balanced defenses in a CounterCoat set. Let's not forget Perish Song and Whirlpool, either, which can create a potentially deadly Perish Trapping set. Mirroring Lanturn, Krilowatt can run a Parafusion set with either Swagger or Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave. Heart Swap and Swagger together can even net Krilowatt some Attack boosts in the process. Me First deserves a special mention with Krilowatt's excellent Speed stat to potentially use a Lucario's Close Combat or a Tyranitar / Metagross Earthquake back at the source with pseudo-STAB damage. Finally, Krilowatt is an excellent user of Rain Dance with both STAB Water moves and Thunder.</p>

<h2>Counters</h2>

• Swampert: Is neutral or resistant to all of Krilowatt's attacks barring Hidden Power Grass, can weather several hits with its bulk, and threatens with STAB Earthquake.
  • Blissey: Completely walls specially-based Krilowatt and threatens offensive variants with Thunder Wave.
  • Snorlax: Fears Low Kick and, to a degree, Heart Swap, but can take on all other variants with its special bulk and access to Earthquake and paralysis via Body Slam. Can Selfdestruct to remove Krilowatt if need be.
  • Celebi: Can take a Life Orb boosted Ice Beam and OHKO back with Leaf Storm and can cripple offensive Krilowatt with Thunder Wave.
  • Latias: Calm Mind and Recover variants beat Krilowatt that lack Heart Swap and offensive variants can seriously hurt it with a Draco Meteor.
  • Bronzong: Bronzong takes neutral or better from all of Krilowatt's primary attacking options with the exception of Overheat. It can then Explode, set up Light Screen and Reflect, or hit Krilowatt with Earthquake.
  • Cresselia: Massive bulk allows it to take virtually anything from Krilowatt without a problem. Dual Screens let it take even less and set up on Krilowatt, meanwhile Thunder Wave can cripple Krilowatt if it stays around.
  • Dusknoir: Exceptional bulk and the ability to full heal at practically any stage of life from Krilowatt's massive HP stat make it tough to take down. It can burn physical sets or attempt to do some damage with Earthquake.

Note to Rising Dusk: in "Optional Changes" paragraph 1, it now says "dragon-typesy." Also thanks for answering my question about Heart Swap / Payback / Thunder Wave.

Thanks for your edits! I've input most of them and omitted only a few here and there.
smallvizier said:
[This paragraph is well-written, but I have a content question. Given what's been said above, is replacing Heart Swap the best idea for this set? Isn't it what makes it work against Curse & DD users in the first place?]
Low Kick is what makes it the most useful against 'mons like Tyranitar and Snorlax. I definitely don't recommend removing Heart Swap if you're planning on beating CursePert or Cradily, but posing a veritable threat to things like Latias, Rotom-A, and Gengar is a pretty big deal in itself. I think that while Heart Swap is certainly excellent here, Payback cannot be ignored. Thunder Wave is just a good option for slowing things down, but many of the things you're hitting may carry some form of status-removal.

Damnable IE, took me so long to do this the first time it lost everything cause I had to log in again. Anywhoo.

Edits in Bold, omissions in light blue, comments in green italics.

I tried to make things more authoritative, I have some input on the sets and edited for overall consistency (such as no sentences starting with numbers). I might have to go over this again later since I don't have as much time to fix this as I originally did, but I think I got the jist of the content fixes I wanted to point out.

Hope this helps.

<h2>Disclaimer</h2>

<p><b>This analysis is written from a complete theorymon point of view so that newer members of the community have a theorymon only and intended to be a valuable reference to all players during Krilowatt's playtesting period. Sets in this analysis have not been tested in battle and should not be considered final.</b></p>

<h2>Overview</h2>

<p>Krilowatt is a Pokemon on a mission, dedicated on any given team to standing as insurance against the particular Pokemon it's been prepared to take on. Its niche as a utility counter capable of being tweaked to take down whatever Its massive movepool and high level of customizablility causes it to be it needs to makes it unpredictable and therefore very dangerous before until the opponent knows its complete set. With aA tremendous HP stat, backed by respectable defenses and an ability that allows it to disregard residual damage, Krillowatt is made to switch in on any number of threats repeatedly and as needed., and an absurdly potent ability (shared only by the Clefairy family) allow it to switch in repeatedly, even if entry hazards are out, and threaten what it needs to when it needs to.</p>

<p>Despite Krillowatts strengths the things it has going for it, Krilowatt lacks a primary recovery option over Rest. Furthermore, the advantage and necessary power that comes from a Magic Guard Life Orb often leaves it without Leftovers recovery. Care must be taken if you wish to preserve it. the allure of a Life Orb with no recoil thanks to Magic Guard will often leave Krilowatt without even Leftovers recovery. This lack of reliable healing can result in Krilowatt falling apart after its taken too many attacks on switching in. Nonetheless, Krilowatt can stands defiant in the face of monstrous OU threats like Salamence, Gyarados, Suicune, and Lucario. Krilowatt is able and willing to take them down as needed by any given team, although not all at once.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is designed to stop most Dragon Dance users in OU all at once. It can switch into and threaten most Dragon Dance Gyarados, Salamence, Kingdra, and Dragonite.
  • The high defensive investment combines with Traced Intimidates to keeps Krilowatt from being 2HKO'd by Standard Dragon Dance Gyarados / Salamence Earthquakes at on the switch. +0 Attack, since you will switch in with Trace to Intimidate them as they Dragon Dance.
  • Speed is ignored here as there's no hope of outspeed +1 anything. There is no Speed investment because at +1 Speed all of the dragon dancers you're switching into outspeed you anyway.
  • Using 40 Special Attack EVs guarantees one-hit kills against Gyarados and Salamence without relying on Stealth Rocks. 100% damage against Salamence with Ice Beam and 100% damage against Bulky Dragon Dance Gyarados with Thunderbolt. We can figure out what to use fairly easily.
  • Thunder Wave is your best bet here against Kingdra, since you lack the SpA investment and Life Orb needed to OHKO it with Draco Meteor. Is this true? Lum berry variants are going to laugh it off and keep coming at +1 speed. Overheat lets you threaten the Steel-types if they come in expecting Draco Meteor or Ice Beam. on you trying to remove their Dragon Dancers.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is designed to stop Lucario and Heracross that will try to set up Swords Dance over the course of a match while still posing a significant threat to Salamence, Dragonite, and most Steel-type Pokemon.
  • Using 220 Speed EVs hits 331 Speed, which is enough to outspeed Jolly Lucario, positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon, and standard 192 Speed Infernape and Jirachi. Moved up from below, and is this scarfless?
  • Using 252 Defense EVs means you take only 47.2% - 55.6% from a +2 Adamant Lucario ExtremeSpeed, allowing you to potentially survive 2 hits thanks to Magic Guard preventing residual damage. This is important because Overheat can (and will) miss. Is flamethrower an option here?
  • Magic Guard keeps you from taking residual damage as you switch in to counter Lucario and Heracross over the course of a match.
  • Life Orb allows Overheat to with no investment OHKOs Lucario (106% - 125.3%) with no other investment, whereas Earthquake is an overall inferior option as it cannot duplicate the feat without significant Attack EV investment and cannot deal with Heracross. cannot without significant investment in Attack. Life Orb is necessary for this KO and provides a general damage boost.
  • Ice Beam threatens dragons that dare to switch in on you, but this EV spread does not work well countering DD dragons. Its 331 speed is only good enough to outspeed +0 Salamence. is for the pesky dragons you will inevitably face, although this set isn't optimal at switching into them without Trace. With 331 Speed you outspeed Salamence at +0 so you can Ice Beam it. 331 Speed also guarantees you to outspeed Jirachi, who you might want to Overheat.
  • Heart Swap can be used in the last slot instead of Ice Beam if you want to send away the Special Attack drop from Overheat the turn after using it.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is designed to beat the most common Calm Mind boosters: Suicune, Jirachi, and Latias. You can switch in safely on their Calm Mind and then use Heart Swap to steal their boosts.
  • Using 96 Speed EVs and a positive nature are is required to let allow you to outspeed 252 Speed Offensive Suicune and steal any boosts it has accrued. Increasing that to 140 Speed EVs and a positive nature allows it are required to outspeed Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi. No amount of investment will let Krilowatt outspeed either Calm Mind Latias set.
  • The 252 Special Defense EVs let allows you to take a massive beating from these threats and survive handily, especially if you've stolen a Calm Mind or two. Leftovers furthers this while Life Orb makes you ridiculously powerful if you do steal Calm Mind boosts. For instance, a +2 Offensive Calm Mind Latias Dragon Pulse deals only 56.4% - 66.6% to this spread. If you steal the boost on the same turn, the next Dragon Pulse deals only 14.2% - 16.9% while you OHKO back with Ice Beam after Stealth Rock (88.1% - 104%).
  • It's probably worth mentioning that you can really do damage to Jirachi by swapping overheat boost losses for calm mind boosts. I don't remember if you lose boosts for breaking a sub but since you outspeed Jirachi you will always nail it (or the switch-in) with Heart Swap.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This is a countering set is designed to take on the slower and more physically inclined Pokemon that can try to set up, such as Dragon Dance Tyranitar, Curse Tyranitar, Curse Snorlax, and Curse Swampert. even This can also make for excellent insurance against the rare Curse Cradily.
  • The EV spread survives physical attacks excellently while still affording Krilowatt some firepower. This is too vague, why is this important and what does it protect you from?
  • No Speed EVs are needed because Krilowatt is always faster than the Curse users after they use Curse and Dragon Dance Tyranitar is faster than a maximum Speed Krilowatt anyway. Adamant allows you to hit substantially harder, though Impish can be used to bolster Krilowatt's Defense.
  • Low Kick OHKOs CurseTTar and maims Snorlax after you steal its boosts. CursePert gets pounded by STAB Waterfall after you steal its boosts. Define maims.
  • Heart Swap is the primary option in the last slot to steal Dragon Dance or Curse or Bulk Up boosts. Payback is an excellent option because you're going to be slower than the faster offensive threats that are weak to it such as Latias, Gengar, and Choice Scarf Rotom-A. Payback also provides a super effective attack to use against Celebi switching in. Thunder Wave is a good option in general for crippling faster Pokemon, although most of what you're countering here has options for dealing with status in the form of Rest. I don't see how Thunder Wave is a viable option here, unless it's used against teams that don't have Curse. It's not capitalizing on anything important, nor does it provide any utility against what its countering that heart swap doesn't.
  • I'd also consider adding Ice Shard in here as an option other than thunderpunch. I don't see any reason for it other than that it's STAB, and cursed Ice Shards would be a formidable weapon against dragon switch-ins.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set is designed to put Krilowatt on the offensive with its impressive movepool, excellent ability, phenomenal Speed, and impressive bulk.
  • Life Orb is chosen to hit the hardest at no cost to Krilowatt because of Magic Guard.
  • Using 220 Speed EVs hits 331 Speed, enough to outspeed all positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon, and standard 192 Speed Infernape and Jirachi.
  • It uses 252 Special Attack EVs for max firepower and 36 Defense EVs for some added survivability.
  • Both STAB options are chosen alongside Ice Beam for great coverage, with Overheat or Hidden Power Grass in the last slot for Defensive Steels or Swampert, respectively.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

• This is a general purpose tank set with Rest for recovery and Sleep Talk to deal respectable damage while asleep. With Rest, Leftovers aren't as necessary, so Life Orb is chosen for the added firepower.
  • The EVs are chosen to optimize Krilowatt's defensive capacity so it can take as many hits as possible.
  • Discharge is chosen over Thunderbolt as it still OHKOs bulky Gyarados with Life Orb and offers a handy 30% paralysis rate for Pokemon that might otherwise try to setup on you. Thunderbolt can still be useful with Ice Beam for some obscure 2HKOs, but the paralysis chance is generally more useful.
  • Ice Beam is chosen over Surf for the BoltBeam combo, offering excellent type coverage with just two attacks. Surf remains an excellent STAB option in this slot and is a better choice against Fire- and Rock-types.
  • Toxic Spikes from Roserade or Forretress are good with this set, but if you choose to go that route, Thunderbolt should be chosen over Discharge. Why?
<h2>Team Options</h2>

• Krilowatt is only weak to Ground- and Grass-type attacks, so Pokemon that resist both provide excellent synergy with it. The OU Pokemon that resist both of these types are Togekiss, Skarmory, Dragonite, Salamence, Latias, Bronzong, Gengar, Zapdos, Heracross, Celebi, and Breloom.
  • Pokemon that perform better without having to worry about being setup bait or are otherwise deathly afraid of special attacks, such as Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong, make for good partners to Krilowatt.
  • Stall-oriented teams appreciate Krilowatt's ability to deal with stallbreakers like Infernape, Gliscor, and Salamence.
  • Choice Band Scizor or Choice Scarf Flygon fit well with offensive sets thanks to typing match-ups and scouting in the form of U-turn.

<p>Krilowatt's movepool is a literal bag of tricks. There are several notable attacking options that can be considered based on the needs of any given team. For special attacking sets, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, and Earth Power make a showing. For physical attackers, Night Slash, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Payback, Avalanche, X-Scissor, the Elemental Punches, and Sucker Punch are present. In general, they provide redundant or unnecessary coverage with the suggested options for each set, but they can see use when needed. Krilowatt also has access to priority in the form of Aqua Jet and Ice Shard, the former of which gets STAB and the latter that can nail faster Dragon-typesy.</p>

<p>Krilowatt is also far from lacking in support moves, boasting a wide range of different moves for sets to take advantage of. It has access to Imprison, which when used in tandem with popular moves like Earthquake can make it very difficult for your opponent to take Krilowatt down. Magnet Rise can be run on any set to temporarily eliminate Krilowatt's threatening Ground-type weakness. Mirror Coat and Counter, which together with Krilowatt's excellent and balanced defenses, can be put to use in a CounterCoat set. Let's not forget Perish Song and Whirlpool, either, which can create a potentially deadly Perish Trapping set. Mirroring Lanturn, Krilowatt can run a Parafusion set with either Swagger or Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave. Heart Swap and Swagger together can even net Krilowatt some Attack boosts in the process. Me First deserves a special mention with Krilowatt's excellent Speed stat to potentially use a Lucario's Close Combat or a Tyranitar / Metagross Earthquake back at the source with pseudo-STAB damage. Finally, Krilowatt is an excellent user of Rain Dance with both STAB Water-type moves and Thunder.</p>

<h2>Counters</h2>

Thanks for that! Some of your suggestions were wrong (Krilowatt does not get Flamethrower), others redundant, but there were some good ones and I took those! Also, sentences for the bullet points are OK to start with numbers, we don't need to adhere strictly to proper writing styles simple because it will clutter the bullets and defeat the purpose of using them at all.

Thanks again.
Deck Knight said:
I don't believe this is a gimmick.
It might not be, and it's a set I was planning on trying come playtesting (I mentioned it in this thread earlier). Despite that, it's not one of the "most competitive" in that we can't say "This will be a good way to use Krilowatt" with some degree of certainty. If it ends up being great, we can add it as we go, but I don't think we should include it yet until we can test it.

A lil' peer editing:

Add
Remove
Comments
Subjective Edits - Feel free to ignore them if you really don't like them

<h2>Disclaimer</h2>

<p><b>This analysis is theorymon only and intended to be a valuable reference for all players during Krilowatt's playtesting period. Sets in this analysis have not been tested in battle and should not be considered final.</b></p>

<h2>Overview</h2>

<p>Krilowatt is a Pokemon on a mission, standing as insurance for its team against the particular Pokemon it's been prepared to take on. Its niche as a utility counter capable of being tweaked to take down whatever it needs to makes it unpredictable and therefore very dangerous until the opponent knows its complete set. A tremendous HP stat, respectable defenses, and absurdly (just because I wouldn't call Trace "absurdly potent", but it's not a big deal) potent abilities in Magic Guard and Trace allow it to switch in repeatedly, disregard all entry hazards if using Magic Guard, and handle specific threats as needed.</p>

<p>Despite Krilowatt's strengths, it lacks a primary recovery option over other than Rest(A bit of an awkward sentence, but acceptable as you have it). Furthermore, the allure of a Life Orb with no recoil damage thanks to Magic Guard will often leave Krilowatt without even Leftovers recovery so that it can hit much harder. I think it is weird to word it this way, it should instead describe the options more: Furthermore, Krilowatt will often be running/holding a Life Orb to boost its lower attacking stats, especially since Magic Guard prevents Life Orb recoil, in which case Krilowatt won't have even Leftovers recovery. This lack of reliable healing can result in Krilowatt falling apart after it has taken (or "after taking") too many attacks on switching in. Nonetheless, Krilowatt stands defiant in the face of monstrous OU threats like Salamence, Gyarados, Suicune, and Lucario. Krilowatt is able and willing to take them down as needed by any given team, although not all at once.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is designed to be able to stop most Dragon Dance users in OU all at once. It can switch into and threaten most Dragon Dance Gyarados, Salamence, Kingdra, and Dragonite.
The high defensive investment keeps Krilowatt from being 2HKO'd by Standard Dragon Dance Gyarados / Salamence Earthquakes at +0 Attack, since you will switch in with Trace to Intimidate them as they Dragon Dance.
There is no Speed investment because at +1 Speed all of the dragon dancers you're switching into outspeed you anyway.
40 Special Attack EVs guarantees 100% damage against Salamence with Ice Beam and 100% damage against Bulky Dragon Dance Gyarados with Thunderbolt.
Thunder Wave is your best bet here against Kingdra, since you lack the SpA investment and Life Orb needed to OHKO it with Draco Meteor. Overheat lets you threaten the Steel-types if they that come in on as you trying to remove their Dragon Dancers.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is designed to stop Lucario and Heracross that will try to set up Swords Dance over the course of a match while still posing a significant threat to Salamence, Dragonite, and most Steel-type Pokemon.
220 Speed EVs hits 331 Speed, which is enough to outspeed Jolly Lucario, positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon, and standard 192 Speed Infernape. I love this, so many Infernape users will be shocked when they get out-sped by Krilowatt
252 Defense EVs means you take only 47.2% - 55.6% from a +2 Adamant Lucario ExtremeSpeed.
Magic Guard keeps you from taking residual damage as you switch in to counter Lucario and Heracross over the course of a match.
Overheat with no Special Attack investment OHKOs Lucario (106% - 125.3%), whereas since Earthquake cannot without significant investment in Attack. Life Orb is necessary for this KO and provides a general damage boost.
Ice Beam is for the pesky dragons you will inevitably face, although this set isn't optimal at for switching into them without Trace. With 331 Speed you outspeed Salamence at +0 so you can Ice Beam it.
Heart Swap can be used in the last slot instead of Ice Beam if you want to send away the Special Attack drop from Overheat[B], also potentially crippling a counter,[/B] the turn after using it.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is designed to beat the most common Calm Mind boosters: Suicune, Jirachi, and Latias. You can switch in safely on their Calm Mind and then use Heart Swap to steal their boosts.
96 Speed EVs and a positive nature are required to allow you to outspeed 252 Speed Offensive Suicune and steal any boosts it has accrued. 140 Speed EVs and a positive nature are required to outspeed Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi. No amount of investment will let Krilowatt outspeed either Calm Mind Latias set.
252 Special Defense EVs let you take a massive beating from these threats and survive handily, especially if you've stolen a Calm Mind or two. Leftovers furthers this while Life Orb makes you ridiculously powerful if you do steal Calm Mind boosts. For instance, a +2 Offensive Calm Mind Latias Dragon Pulse deals only 56.4% - 66.6% to this spread. If you steal the boost on the same turn, the next Dragon Pulse deals only 14.2% - 16.9% while you OHKO back with Ice Beam after Stealth Rock (88.1% - 104%).
If you go with Overheat, Heart Swapping Special Attack drops for Jirachi's Calm Mind boosts can be particularly devastating.
[SET]
move 4: Heart Swap / Payback

[SET COMMENTS]
This is a utility counter set designed to take on the slower and more physically inclined Pokemon that can try to set up, such as Dragon Dance Tyranitar, Curse Tyranitar, Curse Snorlax, Curse Swampert, and even the rare Curse Cradily.
The EV spread survives physical attacks excellently, particularly the Earthquakes from those you're trying to counter, while still affording Krilowatt some firepower with which to strike back at its bulky targets.
No Speed EVs are needed because Krilowatt is always faster than the Curse users after they use Curse and Dragon Dance Tyranitar is faster than a maximum Speed Krilowatt anyway. Adamant allows you to hit substantially harder, though Impish can be used to bolster Krilowatt's Defense.
Low Kick OHKOs CurseTTar and maims Snorlax after you steal its boosts. CursePert gets pounded by STAB Waterfall after you steal its boosts.
Heart Swap is the primary option in the last slot to steal Dragon Dance, or Curse, or Bulk Up boosts. Payback is an excellent option because you're going to be slower than the faster offensive threats that are weak to it such as Latias, Gengar, and Choice Scarf Rotom-A. Payback also provides a super effective attack to use against Celebi switching in.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is designed to put Krilowatt on the offensive with its impressive movepool, excellent ability, phenomenal ("phenomenal"? I would say great, just because it seems a bit excessive. Obviously completely your call) Speed, and impressive bulk.
Life Orb is chosen to hit the hardest at no cost to Krilowatt because of Magic Guard.
220 Speed EVs hits 331 Speed, enough to outspeed all positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon and standard 192 Speed Infernape.
252 Special Attack EVs are used for maximum firepower and 36 Defense EVs for some added survivability.
Both STAB options are chosen alongside Ice Beam for great coverage, with Overheat or Hidden Power Grass in the last slot for Defensive Steels or Swampert, respectively.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This is a general purpose tank set with Rest for recovery and Sleep Talk to deal respectable damage while asleep. With Rest, Leftovers aren't as necessary, so Life Orb is chosen for the added firepower.
The EVs are chosen to optimize Krilowatt's defensive capacity so it can take as many hits as possible.
Discharge is chosen over Thunderbolt as it still OHKOs bulky Gyarados with Life Orb and offers a handy 30% paralysis rate for Pokemon that might otherwise try to setup on you. Thunderbolt can still be useful with Ice Beam for some obscure 2HKOs, but the paralysis chance is generally more useful.
Ice Beam is chosen over Surf for the BoltBeam combo, offering excellent type coverage with just two attacks. Surf remains an excellent STAB option in this slot and is a better choice against Fire- and Rock-types.
Toxic Spikes from Roserade or Forretress are good work well with this set, but if you choose to go that route, Thunderbolt should be chosen over Discharge.
<h2>Team Options</h2>
Krilowatt is only weak to Ground- and Grass-type attacks, so Pokemon that resist both provide excellent synergy with it. The OU Pokemon that resist both of these types are Togekiss, Skarmory, Dragonite, Salamence, Latias, Bronzong, Gengar, Zapdos, Heracross, Celebi, and Breloom.
Pokemon that perform better without having to worry about being setup bait or are otherwise deathly afraid of special attacks, such as Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong, make for good partners to Krilowatt.
Stall-oriented teams appreciate Krilowatt's ability to deal with stallbreakers like Infernape, Gliscor, and Salamence.
Choice Band Scizor or Choice Scarf Flygon fit well with offensive sets thanks to typing match-ups and scouting in the form of U-turn.
Pokemon that can switch into and threaten Krilowatt's counters list.

<p>Krilowatt's movepool is a literal bag of tricks. There are several notable attacking options that can be considered based on the needs of any given team. For special attacking sets, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, and Earth Power make a showing. For physical attackers, Night Slash, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Payback, Avalanche, X-Scissor, the Elemental Punches, and Sucker Punch are present. In general, they provide redundant or unnecessary coverage with the suggested options for each set, but they can see use when needed. Krilowatt also has access to priority in the form of Aqua Jet and Ice Shard, the former of which gets STAB and the latter that can nail faster Dragon-typesy.</p>

<p>Krilowatt is also far from lacking in support moves, boasting a wide range of different moves for sets to take advantage of. It has access to Imprison, which when used in tandem with popular moves like Earthquake can make it very difficult for your opponent to take Krilowatt down. Magnet Rise can be run on any set to temporarily eliminate Krilowatt's threatening Ground-type weakness. Mirror Coat and Counter, which together with Krilowatt's excellent and balanced defenses, can be put to use in a CounterCoat set. Let's not forget Perish Song and Whirlpool, either, which can create a potentially deadly Perish Trapping set. Mirroring Lanturn, Krilowatt can run a Parafusion set with either Swagger or Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave. Heart Swap and Swagger together can even net Krilowatt some Attack boosts in the process. Me First deserves a special mention with Krilowatt's excellent Speed stat to potentially use a Lucario's Close Combat or a Tyranitar / Metagross Earthquake back at the source with pseudo-STAB damage. Finally, Krilowatt is an excellent user of Rain Dance with both STAB Water-type moves and Thunder.</p>

<h2>Counters</h2>
Swampert: Is neutral or resistant to all of Krilowatt's attacks barring Hidden Power Grass, can weather several hits with its bulk, and threatens with STAB Earthquake.
Blissey: Completely walls specially-based Krilowatt and threatens offensive variants with Thunder Wave.
Snorlax: Fears Low Kick and, to a degree, Heart Swap, but can take on all other variants with its special bulk, and access to Earthquake, and paralysis via Body Slam. Can Selfdestruct to remove Krilowatt if need be.
Celebi: Can take a Life Orb boosted Ice Beam and OHKO back with Leaf Storm and or can cripple offensive Krilowatt with Thunder Wave.
Latias: Calm Mind and Recover variants beat Krilowatt that lack Heart Swap and offensive variants can seriously hurt it with a Draco Meteor.
Bronzong: Bronzong takes neutral or better from all of Krilowatt's primary attacking options with the exception of Overheat. It can then Explode, set up Light Screen and Reflect, or hit Krilowatt with Earthquake.
Cresselia: Massive bulk allows it to take virtually anything from Krilowatt without a problem. Dual Screens let it take even less and set up on Krilowatt, meanwhile Thunder Wave can cripple Krilowatt if it stays around.
Dusknoir: Exceptional bulk and the ability to full heal at practically any stage of life from Krilowatt's massive HP stat make it tough to take down. It can burn physical sets or attempt to do some damage with Earthquake.

truncated a lot because of longth

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is designed to stop Lucario and Heracross who will try to set up Swords Dance over the course of a match while still posing a significant threat to Salamence, Dragonite, and most Steel-type Pokemon.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
96 Speed EVs and a positive nature are required to allow you to outspeed 252 Speed offensive Suicune and steal any boosts it has accrued. 140 Speed EVs and a positive nature are required to outspeed Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi. No amount of investment will let Krilowatt outspeed either Calm Mind Latias set.

[SET]
move 2: ThunderPunch

[SET COMMENTS]
Low Kick OHKOes CurseTar and maims Snorlax after you steal its boosts. CursePert gets pounded by STAB Waterfall after you steal its boosts.
Overheat with no Special Attack investment OHKOes Lucario (106% - 125.3%), whereas Earthquake cannot without significant investment in Attack. Life Orb is necessary for this KO and provides a general damage boost.
Heart Swap is the primary option in the last slot to steal Dragon Dance, Curse, or Bulk Up boosts. Payback is an excellent option because you're going to be slower than the faster offensive threats who are weak to it such as Latias, Gengar, and Choice Scarf Rotom-A. Payback also provides a super effective attack to use against Celebi switching in.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is designed to put Krilowatt on the offensive with its wide movepool, excellent ability, phenomenal Speed, and impressive bulk. (repetition)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This is a general purpose tank set with Rest for recovery and Sleep Talk to deal respectable damage while asleep. With Rest, Leftovers aren't as necessary, so Life Orb is chosen for the added firepower. (you've said this word one too many times by this point)
Discharge is chosen over Thunderbolt as it still OHKOes bulky Gyarados with Life Orb and offers a handy 30% paralysis rate for Pokemon that might otherwise try to setup on you. Thunderbolt can still be useful with Ice Beam for some obscure 2HKOs, but the paralysis chance is generally more useful.
Ice Beam is chosen over Surf for the BoltBeam combo, offering excellent type coverage with just two attacks. Surf remains an excellent STAB option in this slot and is a better choice against Fire- and Rock-types. (repetition; you used this exact phrase on the previous point)

<h2>Team Options</h2>
Pokemon that perform better without having to worry about being setup bait or are otherwise deathly afraid of special attacks, such as Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong, make for good partners to Krilowatt. (how is bronzong not setup bait and how is he afraid of special attacks?)

<p>Krilowatt's movepool is a literal bag of tricks. There are several notable attacking options that can be considered based on the needs of any given team. For special attacking sets, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, and Earth Power make a showing. For physical attackers, Night Slash, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Payback, Avalanche, X-Scissor, the elemental punches, and Sucker Punch are present. In general, they provide redundant or unnecessary coverage with the suggested options for each set, but they can see use when needed. Krilowatt also has access to priority in the form of Aqua Jet and Ice Shard, the former of which gets STAB and the latter that can nail faster Dragon-types.</p>

<p>Krilowatt is also far from lacking in support moves, boasting a wide range of different moves for sets to take advantage of. It has access to Imprison, which when used in tandem with popular moves like Earthquake can make it very difficult for your opponent to take Krilowatt down. Magnet Rise can be run on any set to temporarily eliminate Krilowatt's threatening Ground-type weakness. Mirror Coat and Counter, (remove "which") together with Krilowatt's excellent and balanced defenses, can be put to use in a CounterCoat set. Let's not forget Perish Song and Whirlpool, either, which can create a potentially deadly Perish Trapping set. Mirroring Lanturn, Krilowatt can run a para-fusion set with either Swagger or Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave. </p>
good anal

I'm back with a new idea, stolen somewhat from clefable.
Facade User
Toxic orb
Jolly/Adamant 252 Speed 252 Attack 4hp
Protect/Earthquake/ Fire Punch
Waterfall
Facade
Ice punch/earthquake/fire punch
This set is intended to clean up the end game. It takes advantage of facade's insane power when under status and the water/normal nearly perfect coverage. Waterfall nails rock types that otherwise wall facade. Ice punch hits dragons. Protect allows toxic orb/flame orb to activate. Earthquake is good against steels. Fire punch gives you something against shedinja and another option for steels. Krillowatt's bulk allows it to take a hit or too from faster pokes making it a good late game option. If there is a specific pokemon you want to counter, simply give it the proper move from krillowatt's gigantic movepool. (x scissor for celebi) This set benefits from spikes and stealth rock, as it is really intended to clean up not sweep. These push the team towards the bearable point.

I'm back with a new idea, stolen somewhat from clefable.
Being burned still causes the attack drop, so no flame orb. It also seems to be fairly established that 220 speed is enough to outspeed everything important, so I'm suggesting moving 32 speed to hp (+2 to round it out).

Regardless, I think the set has dubious use as to me a Facade abuser should be able to OHKO most pokemon that don't resist it, and it barely makes a dent in things like Swampert (F 26% - 30.8%), Metagross (FP 22.8% - 27.2%), Zapdos (F 33.9% - 40.1%), Kingdra (F 34.2% - 40.4%). It adds nothing to the table against Salamence, Gyarados etc as it's already fairly easy to kill them with ice/electric attacks. The only reason to pick toxic orb is if it provided a definite advantage over life orb, and it really doesn't.

The reason Clefable's Facade is so excellent is because it is a 140BP move that gets STAB, similar to, say, Latias' Draco Meteor. Krilowatt, however, cannot take advantage of this. This is further backed by the fact that Krilowatt's attack stat just isn't up to par and that it's competing in OU where all the Steels are, meanwhile Clefable's running around in UU. I'd rather run Life Orb and get better type coverage in all cases.

Anyway, doing some updating now with everyone's comments.

Fixed everything. Thanks Dan and Paradox!
By the way, Dan, I asked in C&C and "Offensive Suicune" is as you said and shouldn't be capitalized, but for Parafusion, since it's referring to the Lanturn set in particular, it should be. Even if I'm not talking about the Parafusion set on Lanturn, the fact I am calling a potential set "Parafusion" means it should be capitalized. I wasn't sure about this, so I asked, and that's what they said.

Anyway, I think we've gotten "enough" proofreading done and I should begin putting this into HTML so that it can be uploaded as soon as Krilowatt is implemented.

HTML done and in the first post. Unless someone notices any glaring spelling mistakes, this is pretty much ready! Thanks for your help, everyone! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)