What choice do you have but to keep going?
the bw sprite for this thing goes dummy hard
Kyurem-B is blessed with the combination of solid mixed attacking capabilities, 120 / 100 / 90 defensive stats which make it difficult to remove, and excellent coverage moves like Fusion Bolt and Earth Power, making it one of the most threatening offensive forces in doubles. It can be used on almost any team due to the universally beneficial combination of offensive pressure and utility it provides, both in terms of outright checking threats like Rillaboom and Zygarde and even speed control from Icy Wind. Its Dragon Dance set, which makes use of Kyurem-B's monstrous base 170 Attack, is also one of the most potent wincons in the tier, especially when paired with Fake Out and Redirection support from the likes of Incineroar and Amoonguss, though it struggles against Trick Room Pokemon, particularly Diancie. Unfortunately, Kyurem-B has a relatively average Speed tier at base 95 and is outran by checks like Urshifu-R and Genesect that can hit it for super effective. Additionally, its poor defensive typing leaves it open to multiple powerful fringe attacks such as Zapdos-G's Close Combat, Nihilego's Meteor Beam, and Metagross's Steel Roller.
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Fusion Bolt
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Icy Wind
item: Assault Vest
* Ice Beam is a very reliable STAB-move, hitting numerous common Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Zygarde, Rillaboom, and Zapdos for super effective damage. Even neutral targets with low Special Defense like Kartana are easily 2HKOed.
* Fusion Bolt makes good use of Kyurem-B's great attack stat, hitting Water-types like Volcanion and Tapu Fini.
* Earth Power is an excellent coverage move, allowing Kyurem-B to hit Fire- and Steel-types including Heatran, Incineroar, and Metagross.
* Icy Wind provides a means of speed control while also being useful for 2HKOing the likes of Zygarde and Dragapult through redirection.
* The EV spread, combined with Assault Vest, allows Kyurem-B to ???
name: Dragon Dance
move 1: Icicle Spear
move 2: Fusion Bolt
move 3: Dragon Dance
move 4: Protect
item: Leftovers / Chople Berry
evs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spe
* Dragon Dance is a large part of what makes physical Kyurem-B so threatening, as it boosts its already sky-high Attack. Additionally, it outruns the entire unboosted metagame at +1 Speed, and even outruns the likes of Heatran in Tailwind and Choice Scarf Genesect at +2.
* Icicle Spear is Kyurem's main attack, capable of OHKOing the likes of Landorus-T and Dragapult at neutral while also scoring OHKOs on Rillaboom and Zapdos at +1 Attack with at least 3 hits.
* Fusion Bolt gives Kyurem-B great coverage, hitting Water-types like Tapu Fini and Urshifu-R as well as Steel-types such as Heatran and Genesect that resist Icicle Spear.
* Protect is necessary for keeping Kyurem-B safe from attacks like Necrozma's Meteor Beam and Fake Out from Incineroar and Rillaboom.
* Leftovers affords Kyurem-B passive recovery which can be very useful as it often gets worn down when attempting to set up Dragon Dances. Chople Berry lets it eat a Close Combat from any variant of Urshifu-R, allowing it to use Dragon Dance and then outspeed and OHKO it back with Fusion Bolt.
* With 136 Attack EVs and an Adamant nature, Kyurem-B will always OHKO Zygarde with two hits from Icicle Spear, while maximum Speed investment allows it to tie adamant Zygarde at neutral and outrun Dragapult and Zeraora at +1 Speed. The remaining EVs are placed into HP to maximize Kyurem-B's bulk.
Kyurem-B can make use of a Life Orb mixed attacking set to have a stronger immediate offensive presence, and can similarly do so with Choice Band on more physically inclined sets; however, the former gets worn down fairly quickly with recoil while the latter can be taken advantage of based upon the move it chooses to lock in to. Heavy-Duty Boots lets it avoid taking Stealth Rock damage, which can also be useful for preserving its health, but is useless if the opponent isn't using Stealth Rock. Dragon Tail can be used to phase out Trick Room setters and set-up sweepers like Porygon2 and Dragon Dance Kyurem-B, respectively, though it cannot be used on Diancie. Flash Cannon can be used to hit Diancie but serves no little purpose otherwise.
- Written by: [[zeefable, 501951]]
- Quality checked by: [[Yoda2798, 243662], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]